Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

(FARE GONE) TK: HKG-IST-LAX $802 ai rt 2.4 cpm (Premium Econ)

(FARE GONE) TK: HKG-IST-LAX $802 ai rt 2.4 cpm (Premium Econ)

Old May 15, 2011, 7:38 am

Programs: A3*G AC*nobody TK*nobody
Originally Posted by kmfdm91

1. Does anyone have a trip report or reviews of the Comfort Class on TK? I searched on the Trip Reports forum and found nothing and just found a few things on the internet about various experiences - nothing too substantial.
-jeremy
See http://www.navjot-singh.com/3/post/2...777-300er.html
Old May 15, 2011, 7:54 am

Programs: Former UA 1K, SPG Gold, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, IC AMB
Is it ok to call for seat assignments? If so, what number?
Old May 15, 2011, 7:57 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime PLT
Originally Posted by portishead
You will need to call Turkish Airways, but I would highly recommend waiting until this fare ends before calling. Don't worry, I suspect it will be Monday.
Old May 15, 2011, 7:57 am

Programs: LH HON,BA GGL GfL,Hyatt LT Glob,Mrtt LT P,Hilt LT D,IC Amb,Acc P,GHA Tit,LHW Strlg,Sixt/Av/Hz D/Pres
Originally Posted by portishead
Only 100 days in advance.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=turkish+airlines+hotline+number
Old May 15, 2011, 8:01 am

Thanks the OP for this excellent deal. Just booked one RT for myself in Dec even though I'm currently euro-broke (Thank God I still keep one US credit card with me and thank God for having Expedia accept Discover). With the euro going down again, I guess I will end up paying a bit more but well I guess I just can't get it all .

DUB<->IST<->BKK<->SGN (TK, Econ) and then SGN<->HKG (UA awards, Business) and finally HKG<->IST<->LAX. That's a lot of TK so fingers crossed it's Comfort Class for the last two segments.
Old May 15, 2011, 8:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Monday morning meeting in Istanbul:

Our economy comfort sales took off this weekend!
Whoever thought this would be such a smashing hit!

so how much did we sell each seat on IST-LAX for?
errr... $200...
how about HKG-IST
errr.. also $200...

See a nice video of economy comfort (with soothing music) here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHwH9...eature=related
Old May 15, 2011, 8:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
I got it down to C$773 (US$802) by accessing Travelocity through Great Canadian Rebates which gives me an extra 20% off the base fare.
Old May 15, 2011, 8:08 am

Programs: DL silver and UA silver
Question Hi Greenforest

Hi Greenforest,

Could you inform me how much did you get for the TK Y roundtrip ticket from DUB to SGN? What the dates about?

Thanks.
Old May 15, 2011, 8:22 am

Originally Posted by bearteacher
Hi Greenforest,

Could you inform me how much did you get for the TK Y roundtrip ticket from DUB to SGN? What the dates about?

Thanks.
I haven't actually booked that ticket yet since it's really expensive right now ($1278, Dec 14 - Jan 15). Should go down around Sep-Oct I think but in the worse case I can always fly AF (or LH) (Last year I got DUB-CDG-BKK-SGN and HKG-AMS-DUB for 500 euros). DUB-IST-HKG is cheaper (~$1000) but I can only enter HK twice in a month and I need to go to home in SGN so that option doesn't work.
Old May 15, 2011, 8:34 am

Programs: UNITED 1P
A bit off tangent but for the people that are positioned out of YYZ, are your plans to find a cheap ticket YYZ-LAX-YYZ or use miles?
Old May 15, 2011, 8:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Originally Posted by nanirina
A bit off tangent but for the people that are positioned out of YYZ, are your plans to find a cheap ticket YYZ-LAX-YYZ or use miles?
as I am only one way - I am probably going to buy a LAX-YYZ ticket - or better yet - LAX-YTZ (same price) - more miles via YUL redeye, if the price is within $50 of BUF, otherwise, it will be BUF.

If prices are out of control, I will consider using 12,500 miles - but that will be last resort.

For YYZ-HKG - as you know, there is $750 all in on Air China via YVR or SFO - but it only earns half miles. I may stick to UA/CO for double RDMs for me.
Old May 15, 2011, 8:41 am

Programs: AC E, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by margarita girl
I got it down to C$773 (US$802) by accessing Travelocity through Great Canadian Rebates which gives me an extra 20% off the base fare.
You mean the $2 rebate and not 20% off the fare?

Expedia.com gives the same $802 price?
Old May 15, 2011, 8:42 am

Programs: UNITED 1P
Originally Posted by rankourabu
as I am only one way - I am probably going to buy a LAX-YYZ ticket - or better yet - LAX-YTZ (same price) - more miles via YUL redeye, if the price is within $50 of BUF, otherwise, it will be BUF.

If prices are out of control, I will consider using 12,500 miles - but that will be last resort.

For YYZ-HKG - as you know, there is $750 all in on Air China via YVR or SFO - but it only earns half miles. I may stick to UA/CO for double RDMs for me.
I am tempted to buy more of this fare as I am flying between PEK-YYZ on a regular basis. But having to position myself to LAX from YYZ and from PEK to HKG can be costly.....umm....
Old May 15, 2011, 9:18 am

Programs: CO Plat
Booked 4 of these spread out over the next year. If comfort class is any good I'll fly them as needed, otherwise awesome they're refundable. CX usually has relatively cheap fares TPE-HKG.

Thanks OP! ^
Old May 15, 2011, 9:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by kiu92
You mean the $2 rebate and not 20% off the fare?

Expedia.com gives the same $802 price?
No, the ticket I initially booked on travelocity.ca came in at C$813. I cancelled that one and rebooked through GCR which only offers the travelocity.com website, and I ended up paying US$802 (C$773), so it took $40 off. Maybe we are using different dates which explains the different prices. In my case, I used the same dates for both tickets.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.