Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

(FARE GONE) TK: HKG-IST-LAX $802 ai rt 2.4 cpm (Premium Econ)

(FARE GONE) TK: HKG-IST-LAX $802 ai rt 2.4 cpm (Premium Econ)

Old May 15, 2011, 10:15 am

Programs: UA 1K, A3 GLD, AC ELT; AA EXP | SPG PLT, PC PLT, Hilton GLD, Hyatt PLT | National EXEC, Hertz 5*
Expedia Change

I booked a r/t with a free stopover on the return LAX-IST(stopover)-HKG. I might need to change the stopover to outbound HKG-IST(stopover)-LAX. If I have stopovers at IST on both outbound and return, I need to pay 50 EUR more according to the fare rule.

As far as I understand, as long as the U class is available, I should be able to change the dates. Have anybody changed such fully flexible tickets when booking with expedia? Will they let me change the free stopover from inbound to outbound free of charge? Will they let me add a second stopover for 50 EUR according to the fare rule?
Old May 15, 2011, 10:16 am

Programs: UA1k, BAbronze
OT: Hotel in Istanbul for Day and 1/2 stay.

Stopping over in IST for a day & a half on this MR.

Anyone have a good hotel recommendation in Istanbul?

Thanks!
VVanderlust
Old May 15, 2011, 10:20 am

Programs: U/A premier 1K. UA 1MM, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by Angeleno228
There is a lot of misinformation in this thread. Turkish arrives and leaves from TBIT - Tom Bradley. You would absolutely have to clear immigration at LAX Tom Bradley and there is no way around it. Sometimes, economy lines are very long to clear security on departure at TBIT, so I would be cautious about doing same day turn.
thanks for weighing in on this. i have a same day turn. so it sounds like you are saying after clearing immigration, you have to exit immigration hall and then go back thru TSA lines. So i guess there is no direct route to the gates after clearing immigration and skipping TSA.

Another question: As a 1k U/A flyer, even though i am holding an economy ticket, can I enter the business security lines (if they exist) to save time? You mentioned of course there are economy lines, so hoping for premium lines also

Last edited by gallen5555; May 15, 2011 at 11:15 am
Old May 15, 2011, 10:39 am
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
so far, i cannot do stopovers at expedia AND thy.com.
duh...
would i be in trouble if i call them up and make one of them a stopover? (not so interested in making S/O both ways.)

btw, booked for april next year!
Old May 15, 2011, 10:41 am

Programs: AS 100K, DL DM 1MM, UA 1MM
Originally Posted by kaka
so far, i cannot do stopovers at expedia and thy.com.
Duh...
Would i be in trouble if i call them up and make one of them a stopover? (not so interested in making s/o both ways.)

please wait until the fare expires to call!!
Old May 15, 2011, 10:44 am

Programs: UA-1K, Hertz-Gold, Marriott-Gold, PC-Platinum, SPG
Originally Posted by Away from YYZ
Thanks for the link. I can hardly wait to taste that Turkish coffee!
Old May 15, 2011, 10:54 am

Thank you OP! ^
Old May 15, 2011, 11:09 am

Programs: DL silver and UA silver
Thumbs up Thank you.

Thank you OP+1^
Old May 15, 2011, 11:20 am

Programs: DL DM
Great find OP! Thanks
Old May 15, 2011, 11:25 am

Programs: TK Elite Plus; LH M&M SEN; Hertz Presidents Circle; IHG Royal Ambassador
Just a short question: expedia.de does not show the fare rules during/after booking (if you click at the link, you receive the message, that fare rules can not be found). The booked ticket has the fare base U2RTHK, this means, it is the same flexible ticket as shown in this thread.

Does anybody know, if the not shown fare rules will result into any problems (p .ex. cancelling), or is it possible, to check and verify "historic" (if we assume that the fare will be gone tomorrow) fare rules without any problem?
Old May 15, 2011, 11:28 am

Programs: aeroplan E .HH.
booked 2nd trip

^^ thanks 574.66 euro apl18th rtn apl 24th plan to book stop overs later AP 23680mls
Old May 15, 2011, 11:29 am

Programs: UA 1K, 1MM
Originally Posted by VVanderlust
Stopping over in IST for a day & a half on this MR.

Anyone have a good hotel recommendation in Istanbul?

Thanks!
VVanderlust
We just completed a mini vacation/MR to IST. The airport is only about a $15-20 cab ride to Sultanahmet area. Most tourist attraction are within walking distance. I am not sure what your budget is but we stayed at Garden House.
Old May 15, 2011, 11:30 am
2mg

Originally Posted by kaka
so far, i cannot do stopovers at expedia AND thy.com.
duh...
would i be in trouble if i call them up and make one of them a stopover? (not so interested in making S/O both ways.)

You wouldn't be in trouble with THY, but FTers might give you a scolding or two If your travel is in April 2012, you have many months to solve this issue.

I know there are many people who are eager to resolve any outstanding issues, but we should wait until May 18th before any of us call, email or show up at ticket counters.
Old May 15, 2011, 11:30 am

Programs: KL PFL; BA Silver; A3 Silver; EY Silver; SU Silver
Originally Posted by Moranguinho
Just a short question: expedia.de does not show the fare rules during/after booking (if you click at the link, you receive the message, that fare rules can not be found). The booked ticket has the fare base U2RTHK, this means, it is the same flexible ticket as shown in this thread.

Does anybody know, if the not shown fare rules will result into any problems (p .ex. cancelling), or is it possible, to check and verify "historic" (if we assume that the fare will be gone tomorrow) fare rules without any problem?
No problems guys. Just relax.

And do not calls please.
Old May 15, 2011, 11:34 am

Programs: KL PFL; BA Silver; A3 Silver; EY Silver; SU Silver
Originally Posted by 2mg
I know there are many people who are eager to resolve any outstanding issues, but we should wait until May 18th before any of us call, email or show up at ticket counters.
As I noted if by any luck the fare lives over MAY-18 it can simply increase by 5% which is USD 7 in our case (it is a systemwide prices increase, hence the restriction)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.