Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

(FARE GONE) TK: HKG-IST-LAX $802 ai rt 2.4 cpm (Premium Econ)

(FARE GONE) TK: HKG-IST-LAX $802 ai rt 2.4 cpm (Premium Econ)

Old May 15, 2011, 11:35 am

Programs: KL PFL; BA Silver; A3 Silver; EY Silver; SU Silver
Originally Posted by teddybw
I booked a r/t with a free stopover on the return LAX-IST(stopover)-HKG. I might need to change the stopover to outbound HKG-IST(stopover)-LAX. If I have stopovers at IST on both outbound and return, I need to pay 50 EUR more according to the fare rule.

As far as I understand, as long as the U class is available, I should be able to change the dates. Have anybody changed such fully flexible tickets when booking with expedia? Will they let me change the free stopover from inbound to outbound free of charge? Will they let me add a second stopover for 50 EUR according to the fare rule?
If this is XP.com - you will have to contact airline for changes once you used your first segment. XP.com will not change anything for you (unless it is an involuntary change).
Old May 15, 2011, 11:40 am

Originally Posted by Away from YYZ
Thank you very much for this link. I now think more to use the ticket rather than to simply refund!

This is what premium economy should be in my view - everything (almost) is like in business class except for the seat itself.

Given how many seats TK has in comfort class cabin I am sure they upgrade people from eco very often, but at the same time from what I see in availability screens shows that their business class is sold very good, so no many chances to get Comfort- Business upgrade.

Finally I hope Air France and other will rethink their concept of premium economy given Turkish Airlines and Virgin as their competitors.
Old May 15, 2011, 11:43 am

Question TWhere do you enter Mileage Plus number?

I needed a way to get back from South Asia to the USA in January of 2012 so this fare find was ideal.

Booked my one-way on the official Turkish Airlines website. However, I only saw a place for Turkish Airlines own frequent flyer program to put in a Turkish account number, and I want United Mileage Plus miles.

Anyone know how I can post=booking do this on the website without having to call Turkish (I think we should observe a DO NOT CALL THE AIRLINE on this for the next few days).
Old May 15, 2011, 11:44 am

Originally Posted by cgnSenator
In the fare rules it sais that: "UPGRADE TO ANY HIGHER FARE IS PERMITTED". But how does it work? Do I have to pay the upgrade from $802 to $5XXX or is there a fix amount I have to pay from U class to J class? That could be cheap
You pay the difference between fare paid (approx USD 140 for U2RTHK [RT]) and higher fare available at the time of purchase - this is now JRTHK of USD 4,855 (if J inventory is available of course).

Other options are available at online checkin (not for TK I think) or for paid upgrades at checkin (subject to TK; not aware if they do that). In these two cases the difference may be very small; however. often you would be getting upgrade for free with U fare given that cheap upgrades are tend to be offered when the flight/ cabin is oversold.
Old May 15, 2011, 11:45 am

Originally Posted by calvinoeh
Just realized that A and U fare earn 0 miles on OZ/Asiana WTH!?!
Not updated, that's it, In SkyTeam we have the same issue.
Old May 15, 2011, 11:48 am

Originally Posted by Argonaut1000
Why doesn't this fare display on Expert Flyer?
This is a very good question as this fare (unlike HKG-YYZ) does not have sales restrictions to Manila. Probably this is a confidential fare distributed to some agents by mistake. But given the fare information I posted in the beginning it looks like USD should have been added instead of TWD in fare price (3,934 is the correct price, but not in TWD) however, prices from HKG are quoted in HKG normally and there should be some regulatory reasons behind.
Old May 15, 2011, 12:04 pm

Programs: TK Elite Plus; LH M&M SEN; Hertz Presidents Circle; IHG Royal Ambassador
Originally Posted by Keter

And do not calls please.
I think, you are the wrong guy for this one, thinking about the BKK-GRU Fare...
Old May 15, 2011, 12:16 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.756MM, WN ALP, Hyatt Diamond, MR Gold, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC,AA Gold
Originally Posted by kaka
so far, i cannot do stopovers at expedia AND thy.com.
duh...
would i be in trouble if i call them up and make one of them a stopover? (not so interested in making S/O both ways.)

btw, booked for april next year!
On XP I got the stopover by just booking a multi city and putting in the stopover manually. Still priced out just fine. You probably want to make sure that the good fares exist on each date (i.e. both sides of the stopover) as that should make it price out correctly.

I couldn't get the stopover to book on THY either. I would just get an error
Old May 15, 2011, 12:18 pm

Originally Posted by Moranguinho
I think, you are the wrong guy for this one, thinking about the BKK-GRU Fare...
I contacted TK after BKK-SAO fare was dead.

BTW, I was asked not to post this deal and I did not.
Old May 15, 2011, 12:19 pm

Originally Posted by jasonvr
I would just get an error
The reason was posted several times here: you should have searched economy not comfort (given you looked for correct dates).
Old May 15, 2011, 12:19 pm

Programs: TK Elite Plus; LH M&M SEN; Hertz Presidents Circle; IHG Royal Ambassador
Originally Posted by Keter

I contacted TK after BKK-SAO fare was dead.

BTW, I was asked not to post this deal and I did not.
Yes, you called them the next day to make a deal...
Old May 15, 2011, 12:27 pm

Programs: AZ FA+, A3 G, AB G | IHG RA, HGP D, FPC P, Accor P, BW D, HH D, Eleva, GHA P, 1862 Voyager
Anyone else having problems with booking through Expedia?

I tried multiple times and kept getting an Error and to try again. After many tries it went to 'can't get authorization from my card'. Now I just checked my Amex account online and it has not enough available balance now due to the multiple tries! Argh!

Edit: This issue is during final confirmation page.
I already selected my flight dates and all.

Last edited by lsed; May 15, 2011 at 12:47 pm
Old May 15, 2011, 12:28 pm
2mg

If people are using the THY site to book these tickets and they price out in euros, will they need to pay a international CC fee? I bought my ticket on XP.com to avoid the 'euro' issue. I assume THY.com allowed you to see the tix in USD.
Old May 15, 2011, 12:43 pm

Programs: UA-1K, Hertz-Gold, Marriott-Gold, PC-Platinum, SPG
Originally Posted by 2mg
If people are using the THY site to book these tickets and they price out in euros, will they need to pay a international CC fee? I bought my ticket on XP.com to avoid the 'euro' issue. I assume THY.com allowed you to see the tix in USD.
If you figure out how to pay with USD with US CC on THY website, please let us know. Or anyone, please let us know. Thanks.
Old May 15, 2011, 12:52 pm

Programs: SW A-List, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National Elite, Hilton Gold
If one of my flights does not have comfort class, will I be sitting in Business? It books into Premium Economy but on the flight I selected there is only First, Business, and Economy.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.