Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

(FARE GONE) TK: HKG-IST-LAX $802 ai rt 2.4 cpm (Premium Econ)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

(FARE GONE) TK: HKG-IST-LAX $802 ai rt 2.4 cpm (Premium Econ)

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2011, 4:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Originally Posted by brahms77
(showing that I can select J seats on HKG-IST!!!).
where are you able to see a seatmap for this thing if you booked on Expedia?
Old May 15, 2011, 4:05 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, TK Elite+
Just booked another 2 tickets for my relatives on xp and worked well.

Couple of things to keep in mind when booking this deal:
- DO NOT CALL the airline right now for seat assignments/change/verify itinerary etc.
- U/A is not available on all flights ex. HKG prior to 09-26. You have to find U/A available on the HKG-IST/HKG sector (I know for June/July, it's available on Tu/Th).
- 4/6 weekly IST-LAX/HKG flights
- If you want a copy of the fare rules, print it from thy or xp into pdf
- Don't worry if the e-tic/conf. number does not show on thy website (if purchased anywhere other than the airline's website), I read that only tickets purchased from the airline itself can be seen on its website
Old May 15, 2011, 4:17 pm

Originally Posted by rankourabu
where are you able to see a seatmap for this thing if you booked on Expedia?
Not as part of my ticket, but doing a dummy booking on TK site allows you to view and select seats prior to finalizing your booking. There it showed 1-2-1 seating for this U fare. So I just presumed that I would be able to select the same with the ticket purchased from Xp.com.

Now, my ticket is for end of July so it's with 3 month of the flight... which is when TK allows you to select seats.
Old May 15, 2011, 4:20 pm

Programs: LH HON,BA GGL GfL,Hyatt LT Glob,Mrtt LT P,Hilt LT D,IC Amb,Acc P,GHA Tit,LHW Strlg,Sixt/Av/Hz D/Pres
Originally Posted by nov11
- If you want a copy of the fare rules, print it from thy or xp into pdf
I could not find where to get the complete fare rules from thy...
Old May 15, 2011, 4:23 pm

Programs: UA-1K, Hertz-Gold, Marriott-Gold, PC-Platinum, SPG
Not as part of my ticket, but doing a dummy booking on TK site allows you to view and select seats prior to finalizing your booking. There it showed 1-2-1 seating for this U fare. So I just presumed that I would be able to select the same with the ticket purchased from Xp.com.

Now, my ticket is for end of July so it's with 3 month of the flight... which is when TK allows you to select seats.
Purchased from THY website for June; was able to see the 1-2-1 seating chart and selected and have them shown up in e-tickets. YMMV.

Last edited by lax2010; May 15, 2011 at 4:30 pm
Old May 15, 2011, 4:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Not as part of my ticket, but doing a dummy booking on TK site allows you to view and select seats prior to finalizing your booking.
That is interesting that you are seeing the old config for this flight (one without comfort economy) The business on these 777s with EC is 2-3-2

I wonder if by end of July there will still be those leased 77W flying, they were supposed to have been phased out by end of June.

If you guys indeed get those pod seats on this fare because of the old airplane - that will be the deal of the year
Old May 15, 2011, 4:28 pm

Originally Posted by Shareholder
Turkish site accepted my Canadian Amex with no problem. Given the fare, I really can't see what the problem is with paying a percent or two for the cc exchange fee.
I have one if those CC that takes cares of my foreign exchange fee so nothing tO worry about.
Old May 15, 2011, 4:29 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, TK Elite+
Originally Posted by attorney28
I could not find where to get the complete fare rules from thy...
It's well hidden.

It's at the bottom of the payment page (where you check that you accept rules/conditions etc.) - click on "Fare Notes".
Old May 15, 2011, 4:34 pm

Programs: UA 1K*MM, AA PP
On xp my ticket now shows "changed status" from purchased to booked.
Isn't that backwards?
Old May 15, 2011, 4:40 pm

Programs: TK Elite Plus, FB Platinum, Emirates
Booked on exp, very nice...^

Thanks for posting.
Old May 15, 2011, 4:41 pm

Originally Posted by nanirina
I decided to purchase another of these fares as a mileage-run but expedia keeps on giving me the same problem as another poster here (failing at payment stage and putting through multiple temp charges to my card). So I decided to go for Travelocity but travelocity states the fare is not-refundable in the general policies but the fare rules say the fare is refundable. I went ahead with Travelocity but should I be concerned? Thanks!
If this fare is bookable with THY website, why does people keep booking it on XP or Travelocity? Is there anything other than the foreign exchange fee that I miss? Just curious and want to learn something new. Thanks.
Old May 15, 2011, 4:43 pm

Originally Posted by lax2010
If this fare is bookable with THY website, why does people keep booking it on XP or Travelocity? Is there anything other than the foreign exchange fee that I miss? Just curious and want to learn something new. Thanks.
easier to cancel if you screw up or change your mind?
Old May 15, 2011, 4:43 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC

Interesting! I just did a dummy booking for my flight HKG-IST at the end of July and I am seeing the same. The seatmap is 100% consistent with the leased planes (61 rows in Y, 1-2-1 config in J). I wonder what that means for my flight....

Conversely, my IST-LAX is clearly showing the new seatmap with Comfort Class
Old May 15, 2011, 4:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by lax2010
*has been shown easier to cancel/make changes
*THY does not price stopovers correctly
Old May 15, 2011, 4:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by asya999
On xp my ticket now shows "changed status" from purchased to booked.
Isn't that backwards?
Maybe, but it probably means you now have a ticket number.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.