Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

(FARE GONE) TK: HKG-IST-LAX $802 ai rt 2.4 cpm (Premium Econ)

(FARE GONE) TK: HKG-IST-LAX $802 ai rt 2.4 cpm (Premium Econ)

Old May 15, 2011, 9:23 pm

Programs: OZ *G, HHonors Gold, Aclub Plat
Originally Posted by dadamax
Was thinking about this myself. Lost my *G status last year and was looking for a quick fix if you like to get it back. Funnily enough A & U fares on OZ earn ZERO miles!
Here's too hoping that OZ changes the earnings on A & U Fare..
Old May 15, 2011, 9:23 pm

Programs: DL Gold
When I try to price a stopover on EXP, it cannot find the fare rules and gives the boilerplate "most fare are non-refundable, etc". Am I being paranoid that I might be given a hard time trying to refund this?
Old May 15, 2011, 9:26 pm

Programs: Club interjet; Airbnb
Originally Posted by aaron1262
hmm.. something interesting i just found for crediting miles. if you're able to confirm A class on these tickets, you could potentially get double RDM if crediting Agean.

According to Agean's website, Turkish "A" class is considered First Class which is 200% Accrual. + what's even better is that you only need 20K to get *Gold!!!

There's more...

"Once you have collected 16,000 miles within one year from the date which you qualified to the Blue status, you will receive the Gold Card."

So, if i interpret this correctly then you essentially need to fly 1 way from HKG-LAX to hit * Gold because HKG-IST-LAX nets nearly 12,000 miles * 2 for the bonus. Am I right? Could one really get *Gold for $400?
From your link, scrolling down, it looks like effective October 1st, 2010, "A" fares accrue at 100%.
Comfort Class U*, A 100% 250
Old May 15, 2011, 9:31 pm

Programs: UA 2K, Marriott Platinium, Global Entry, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by nov11
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9530/5.0.0.328 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

As far as I can tell, the cheaper fare corresponds to TK-owned 77W (ie Comfort Class). I think there's a glitch in Tk's seatmap. If you check F availability, you'll see them available on the more expensive days while there are no F on the "cheaper" fare days.
U
I am pretty sure TK-owned 77W are operating on Tu/Th - there are no F available on those days.
According to this article:http://www.etravelblackboardasia.com...id=75301&nav=2
Currently available on every Saturday from Hong Kong to Istanbul, and by June 22, 2011, comfort class will be available three times a week, every Wednesday, Friday and Saturday. Comfort class will be offered on all Hong Kong Istanbul flights by September 13, 2011, all on brand new Boeing 777 aircraft.
Old May 15, 2011, 9:32 pm

Programs: UA-1K, Hertz-Gold, Marriott-Gold, PC-Platinum, SPG
Originally Posted by blackmamba
yes i understand that, so what is stopping me from rebooking the LAX-IST-HKG ahead of the HKG-IST-LAX and flying out of LAX first before HKG? There are no rebooking or rerouting fares
Thanks for making my day. Whatever you do please just don't call customer service before the weekend sale is over. There are people still trying to book ex-HKG. Thanks.
Old May 15, 2011, 9:34 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA Plat
Originally Posted by why fly
still live
It is drying up though.
Having trouble ticketing one final trip (of 4) on EXP and tk.com
Old May 15, 2011, 9:36 pm

Booked on Travelocity, unable on TK

For Jan 2012, tried to book on TK website, but unable now. However, went to Travelocity, and still able to book fare of US$802.90, U2RTHK for comfort class, but cannot do seat selection. However got TK confirmation number and e-ticket number, so I guess I'm good to go.

Thanks to OP for pointing out this fare, and to greenforest, who also booked on travelocity and pointed out fare rules for me.

Big savings on a trip that I have to take HKG/LAX. Other Prem Econ fares are in the US$2,500 range, on Eva Airways.

I actually have to fly to Fort Lauderdale, so now will do a LAX/FLL/LAX segment.
Old May 15, 2011, 9:36 pm

Programs: Club interjet; Airbnb
I now get an error message on thy.com when attempting to book:

We apologize for the inconvenience.

Please try again later
I was seeing if I could bump my dates further out. Someone had said they were able to book into May on thy.com where xp.com locked me out at 330 days from current date, early April 2012.

Maybe dead on thy.com (?), but still shows up on xp.
Old May 15, 2011, 9:37 pm

Programs: UA-1K MM, AA-Gold, DL-Silver, AS-MVP
Originally Posted by hiyo
From your link, scrolling down, it looks like effective October 1st, 2010, "A" fares accrue at 100%.
Thanks for pointing that out. I thought about using A3 to requalify for 2012. But i guess i'll stick with UA-MP or CO-OP for 150% EQM on "A" fares.
Old May 15, 2011, 9:38 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Gold
Well i bought some RTs last night
but now am trying for a one way with a stopover in IST
on exp'dia cant seem to pull that up
is it possible? seems it should be doable

jun8 HKG-IST
jun 12IST-LAX
Old May 15, 2011, 9:39 pm

Programs: All of Them
"*U and P Classes are also applied as a promotional discounted classes within Turkish domestic routes with no mileage accrual"-Source: Aegean Airlines Miles and Bonus

Just to clarify, with a U Booking Class on HKG-IST-LAX-IST-HKG itineary, it is 100% RDM right?

One more question: How come on Aegean's website, they don't delete the first award redemption chart? The second chart is effective "as of Oct. 2010" which was a while ago....
Link:http://en.aegeanair.com/milesandbonu...miles/#TURKISH

Last edited by bl540611; May 15, 2011 at 9:41 pm Reason: Clarification
Old May 15, 2011, 9:39 pm

Programs: TK Elite Plus, FB Platinum, Emirates
I now get an error message on thy.com when attempting to book:

I was seeing if I could bump my dates further out. Someone had said they were able to book into May on thy.com where xp.com locked me out at 330 days from current date, early April 2012.

Maybe dead on thy.com (?), but still shows up on xp.
Opodo gave it to me up to May 2012 but no ticket number and they say it takes a few hours...
Old May 15, 2011, 9:43 pm

Programs: DL Gold
Originally Posted by DWFI
It is drying up though.
As the sun rises on stunned revenue managers in Istanbul....
Old May 15, 2011, 9:44 pm

Programs: UA 2K, Marriott Platinium, Global Entry, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by hotelmotel
When I try to price a stopover on EXP, it cannot find the fare rules and gives the boilerplate "most fare are non-refundable, etc". Am I being paranoid that I might be given a hard time trying to refund this?
It should be fully refundable. No fee listed
: 16.PENALTIES
CHANGES
ANY TIME
CHANGES PERMITTED FOR REISSUE/REVALIDATION.
CANCELLATIONS
BEFORE DEPARTURE
CANCELLATIONS PERMITTED FOR CANCEL/REFUND.
AFTER DEPARTURE
CANCELLATIONS PERMITTED FOR CANCEL/REFUND.
NOTE - TEXT BELOW NOT VALIDATED FOR AUTOPRICING.
FOR CANCELLATIONS AFTER DEPARTURE THE REFUND GIVEN
WILL BE THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE FARE PAID AND
THE APPLICAPLE FARE FOR THE JOURNEY FLOWN.
APPLICABLE FARE FOR THE JOURNEY FLOWN IS THE ONE
THAT SET AT THE SAME RBD WITH THE ORIGINAL FARE
PAID. IF NO FARE EXISTS FOR THE FLOWN JOURNEY
ON THE SAME RBD WITH THE ORGINALFARE
ANY FARE SET ON A HIGHER RBD WILL BE ACCEPTED.
Old May 15, 2011, 9:46 pm

Programs: All of Them
Unhappy

Originally Posted by hotelmotel
As the sun rises on stunned revenue managers in Istanbul....
I hope no one gets fired over this!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.