Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

(FARE GONE) TK: HKG-IST-LAX $802 ai rt 2.4 cpm (Premium Econ)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

(FARE GONE) TK: HKG-IST-LAX $802 ai rt 2.4 cpm (Premium Econ)

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2011, 4:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: M&M
Originally Posted by rankourabu
*THY does not price stopovers correctly
Yes they do if you select Economy. It will tell you "Economy Restricted" when you pick the flights but it will be U/A fare on the payment page and in the fare rules too.
Old May 15, 2011, 5:07 pm

Originally Posted by lax2010
If this fare is bookable with THY website, why does people keep booking it on XP or Travelocity? Is there anything other than the foreign exchange fee that I miss? Just curious and want to learn something new. Thanks.
I was getting a fare class error when I tried booking a stopover on the THY website but it worked fine on XP.

Thanks to the OP, this worked out perfectly for our summer travel plans.
Old May 15, 2011, 5:10 pm

Programs: AC
After a loooong line of errors from XP, finally booked a one-way on TK website (no stopover). ^^ to OP for sharing!

Couple of questions though:

- how strict are the TK agents on third party credit cards? This "credit card holder must be present with the passenger(s) at the check-in" rule can prove to be a royal pain if actually enforced
- will I be able to arrange the stopover (without a reprice) upon completing the HKG-IST leg?

Sorry if this has been covered already
Old May 15, 2011, 5:11 pm

Programs: UA-1K, Hertz-Gold, Marriott-Gold, PC-Platinum, SPG
Originally Posted by rankourabu
*has been shown easier to cancel/make changes
*THY does not price stopovers correctly
But others said that the stopover service charge went away from the final grand total. Can anyone confirm this?
Old May 15, 2011, 5:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

First of all thanks to the OP

But others said that the stopover service charge went away from the final grand total. Can anyone confirm this?
Yes I can confirm.
810 USD with a stopover (probably 7 dollars airport tax)?

802USD without a stopover

Tickets issued with XP good to go now
Old May 15, 2011, 5:20 pm

Programs: TK Elite Plus, FB Platinum, Emirates
TK website should show all tickets with the ticket number, but it hasn't worked for MONTHS. None of my different tickets show up there.

I booked on expedia just for the fact that TK ground staff are clueless with everyday issues, I just can't imagine dealing with them if they wanted to not honor the fare for example.
Old May 15, 2011, 5:33 pm

Programs: Too many!
Thanks for the deal. Booked a fun MR for early December...

BWI-SFO-HKG (UA, SWU upgraded)
HKG-IST-LAX
LAX-IST-HKG
HKG-IST-LAX
LAX-CLE-BWI (CO, cheapest flight)

Should make for a fun week! Well worth the extra miles and the two additional SWUs I'll get through UA.
Old May 15, 2011, 5:49 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Hmmmm something interesting related to those of us who have tickets in Premium Economy on planes that appear to not have Premium Economy...

This is the schedule from TKs website for the end of July:

Notice that the schedule has two lines for 13 July to 30 July. One line is for Tues/Thurs/Sun. The other is Wed/Fri/Sat. No service on Monday. Same for 1 August and beyond.

Now take a look at the ITA matrix for this fare (HKG-IST-LAX) for July:

Notice that Tues/Thurs/Sun is consistently much more expensive. Someone above stated that Comfort Class was available on Tues/Thurs up thru September. If we extend that to Sunday, one could believe that one line of that flight schedule is for TK's planes and one line is for the leased planes (with 3 classes).

So....I'm not sure where that leaves us. I will definitely not be happy with a standard economy seat from HKG to IST on a redeye.
Old May 15, 2011, 5:58 pm

Originally Posted by jasonvr
Hmmmm something interesting related to those of us who have tickets in Premium Economy on planes that appear to not have Premium Economy...

This is the schedule from TKs website for the end of July:

Notice that the schedule has two lines for 13 July to 30 July. One line is for Tues/Thurs/Sun. The other is Wed/Fri/Sat. No service on Monday. Same for 1 August and beyond.

Now take a look at the ITA matrix for this fare (HKG-IST-LAX) for July:

Notice that Tues/Thurs/Sun is consistently much more expensive. Someone above stated that Comfort Class was available on Tues/Thurs up thru September. If we extend that to Sunday, one could believe that one line of that flight schedule is for TK's planes and one line is for the leased planes (with 3 classes).

So....I'm not sure where that leaves us. I will definitely not be happy with a standard economy seat from HKG to IST on a redeye.
My brains are a bit fried from studying so it's a bit difficult to follow what you are saying... Nonetheless, for those dates where 'old' 77W comes to HKG and returns to IST, people with this fare seemed to be able to view and select seats in the cabin where the layout is 1-2-1. This means, we can be seated in the business class section with this fare. I hope this addresses your question/concern... otherwise, I am sure there is someone else who can figure this out...
Old May 15, 2011, 6:02 pm

Programs: OZ *G, HHonors Gold, Aclub Plat
Originally Posted by Keter
Not updated, that's it, In SkyTeam we have the same issue.
Hmm... Are they going to update it?
Old May 15, 2011, 6:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Just booked two trips. Thanks OP!
Old May 15, 2011, 6:18 pm

Originally Posted by brahms77
My brains are a bit fried from studying so it's a bit difficult to follow what you are saying... Nonetheless, for those dates where 'old' 77W comes to HKG and returns to IST, people with this fare seemed to be able to view and select seats in the cabin where the layout is 1-2-1. This means, we can be seated in the business class section with this fare. I hope this addresses your question/concern... otherwise, I am sure there is someone else who can figure this out...
^ I will report back what will happen by end of June, 2011. Just pm me if I forget.
Old May 15, 2011, 6:23 pm

Programs: UA 1K*MM, AA PP
Originally Posted by PaulMSN
Maybe, but it probably means you now have a ticket number.
I do have a ticket number. I'm not worried, especially now that I've got my award OW to HKG and room for points at Hong Kong W - just wondering...

I saw see that my HKG-IST flight has 1-2-1 config seating chart and IST-LAX has 2-3-2. I hope I get to find my booking soon so I can get us good seats... But really, are there bad seats if they aren't in regular E?
Old May 15, 2011, 6:28 pm

Originally Posted by asya999
I do have a ticket number. I'm not worried, especially now that I've got my award OW to HKG and room for points at Hong Kong W - just wondering...

I saw see that my HKG-IST flight has 1-2-1 config seating chart and IST-LAX has 2-3-2. I hope I get to find my booking soon so I can get us good seats... But really, are there bad seats if they aren't in regular E?
Again, don't worry! Any seat in either 1-2-1 or 2-3-2 config will be good with the price we have been paying THY in the last couple days:-)
Old May 15, 2011, 6:30 pm

Programs: UA 1K*MM, AA PP
Again, don't worry! Any seat in either 1-2-1 or 2-3-2 config will be good with the price we have been paying THY in the last couple days:-)
Since my HKG-IST leg is _before_ July 12th, I'm kind of hoping it'll be on the older plane so we'll actually get to compare old business class with new comfort class.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.