Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

(FARE GONE) TK: HKG-IST-LAX $802 ai rt 2.4 cpm (Premium Econ)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

(FARE GONE) TK: HKG-IST-LAX $802 ai rt 2.4 cpm (Premium Econ)

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2011, 8:49 am

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8H7 Safari/6533.18.5)

To answer my own question, although Orbitz does not have a Premium Economy option during it's booking process, my confirmation did come back as PE, booked in A.

My dates are set in stone, so unless there is a reason beyond flexibility, I'll not bump up to U class. Both A and U credit at 110% to AC.

Thanks to everyone who searched these TK fares out...
Old May 14, 2011, 8:56 am

Programs: AS MVP 75K, DL Diamond, LH SEN, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador
It looks like round trip and one way tickets can only originate in HKG, right? I see HKG-IST-LAX-IST-HKG or HKG-IST-LAX available but nothing out of LAX. Even with this restriction its a great deal and I might be able to combine it with an award ticket, thanks OP!
Old May 14, 2011, 9:02 am

Programs: AA Plat, IHG Plat, HH Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by BryanIAH
It looks like round trip and one way tickets can only originate in HKG, right? I see HKG-IST-LAX-IST-HKG or HKG-IST-LAX available but nothing out of LAX. Even with this restriction its a great deal and I might be able to combine it with an award ticket, thanks OP!
As far as I can tell, this is correct. I did HKG-IST-LAX with a stopover in IST for ~$400 and will get an award ticket to HKG.
Old May 14, 2011, 9:06 am

Programs: AS MVP 75K, DL Diamond, LH SEN, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by Antipode
As far as I can tell, this is correct. I did HKG-IST-LAX with a stopover in IST for ~$400 and will get an award ticket to HKG.
Thanks. I too am looking at an IST stopover but I'm still trying to figure out how to get to HKG!

It looks like this credits to UA/CO at 100% EQM/RDM but excludes the elite RDM bonus which only applies to CO/UA/US/AC/LH IIRC.
Old May 14, 2011, 9:55 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, TK Elite+
Sweet deal!! Thank you OP!

If I am reading the fare rules correctly, there are no change/cancelation fees?
Old May 14, 2011, 10:04 am

What I dont get. I want to book for mid-end July. It shows me 77W and Premium Economy in Expedia. The 77W doesnt have any Comfort Class, so will I sit in Economy and which booking class will it be then? damn.
Old May 14, 2011, 10:09 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, TK Elite+
When I was clicking through the last page on TK's website, it seems like the €65 is missing from the "Grand Total" - will the €65 be charged separately?
Old May 14, 2011, 10:17 am

Originally Posted by roland_wa
What I dont get. I want to book for mid-end July. It shows me 77W and Premium Economy in Expedia. The 77W doesnt have any Comfort Class, so will I sit in Economy and which booking class will it be then? damn.
I noticed this too, but if you look at http://www.turkishairlines.com/en-IN...frequency.aspx it shows that LAX-IST should have comfort class, and HKG may depend on day of week but will be all comfort class configured by end of September.
Old May 14, 2011, 10:25 am

Interesting:
SALES RESTRICTIONS
FOOTNOTE RULE TICKETS MUST BE ISSUED ON/AFTER 01APR11 AND ON/BEFORE 31MAR12. FARE RULE TICKETS MAY BE ISSUED BY PTA. TICKETS MAY ONLY BE SOLD IN MNL. NOTE - TEXT BELOW NOT VALIDATED FOR AUTOPRICING.
Old May 14, 2011, 10:46 am

Programs: aa
free changes

Originally Posted by SirJman
When booking a stopover on TK.com it gives me a Class not available error (Im trying to get a stopover in IST) But I can get it to price out on expedia.
What is advantage to book stopover if that can be accomplished by changing it anytime later without a fee according the rules? Any expert flying in premium classes please?
Old May 14, 2011, 10:50 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime PLT
Nice find! I booked a trip home for a close friend who is studying abroad in China. I got jealous of the fare and ended up booking a one way from HKG for myself. I'll burn some miles to get out there.

Does anyone else have "Economy" in their confirmation? I bought it from TK and it says U but does not say comfort class anywhere.
Old May 14, 2011, 10:50 am

Originally Posted by YYZC2
Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8H7 Safari/6533.18.5)

To answer my own question, although Orbitz does not have a Premium Economy option during it's booking process, my confirmation did come back as PE, booked in A.

My dates are set in stone, so unless there is a reason beyond flexibility, I'll not bump up to U class. Both A and U credit at 110% to AC.

Thanks to everyone who searched these TK fares out...
How did you find out about your fare class with Orbitz? I cannot seem to find away for Orbitz to show the fare class before purchasing... I'd be much happier with 'A' class since CO credits as a First Class fare with TK (perhaps this might change) and gives 150% EQM But still a very nice fare.

Only intermittent dates available in June, July and August.
Old May 14, 2011, 10:58 am

Programs: KL PFL; BA Gold; A3 Silver; EY Silver; SU Silver
Originally Posted by jjclancy
Interesting:
SALES RESTRICTIONS
FOOTNOTE RULE TICKETS MUST BE ISSUED ON/AFTER 01APR11 AND ON/BEFORE 31MAR12. FARE RULE TICKETS MAY BE ISSUED BY PTA. TICKETS MAY ONLY BE SOLD IN MNL. NOTE - TEXT BELOW NOT VALIDATED FOR AUTOPRICING.
Where did you get this. This has never been the case for this fare. I noted in the beginning that Travelocity and KVS do not give correct rules in case you are using those sources.
Old May 14, 2011, 11:02 am

Programs: KL PFL; BA Gold; A3 Silver; EY Silver; SU Silver
Originally Posted by jjclancy
Interesting:
SALES RESTRICTIONS
This is the case for HKG-YYZ which helped me to find this (that's why the credits go to 'Away from YYZ' who spotted the YYZ fare).
Old May 14, 2011, 11:02 am

when I was looking earlier on ITA, the fare basis came up as A-something but the rules said something along the lines of the booking class being in V, so I wouldn't necessarily count on it posting as A class.

Edit: At least that's what I remember seeing on the one way fare.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.