Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

(FARE GONE) TK: HKG-IST-LAX $802 ai rt 2.4 cpm (Premium Econ)

(FARE GONE) TK: HKG-IST-LAX $802 ai rt 2.4 cpm (Premium Econ)

Old Jun 15, 2011, 2:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I tried one more time to change an Expedia-purchased ticket through TK, but was again told that they can't take control of the ticket and I'd have to do it through Expedia. Of course Expedia wants to re-price, so I'm not doing that.

I'm wondering whether I'm consistently getting the wrong reps or if it's something about my tickets (I've tried to change dates on two of them).

It was just a minor tussle with the TK booking engine that caused me to go to expedia.com. I am regretting that choice now. I absolutely need to change the date on the last one-way or I will have to cancel and find another way home.
Old Jun 15, 2011, 3:01 am

Programs: SQ QPP, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Taj Inner Circle Gold
Did you call Expedia US?
Why don't you try Expedia DE or Expedia AU.

I read one post about Expedia DE made a change for the BKK-IST-GRU deal.

Let us know.
Old Jun 15, 2011, 6:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
It is simple: TK can not touch EXP bookings. Finding a TK agent who will bend this rule is like finding a needle in a haystack. Give it up and cancel if you can not travel.
Old Jun 15, 2011, 7:54 am

Originally Posted by Tigersan
I stumbled upon a Crown Hotel promotion from Groupon Istanbul. I posted it in here, but am not sure about the translation and if the deal is a hot/cold. Could someone, especially those who understand Turksih, give their input?

For some of who will fly and stay in Istanbul before August 29, this could be a good hotel deal.

Cheers
This hotel is 45 kms (28 miles) from IST and is in the Asian part of Istanbul, it would be ideal if one were flying to/from SAW. The offer would have been better if it were the Crowne Plaza Istanbul Old City.
Old Jun 15, 2011, 9:33 am

Programs: U/A premier 1K. UA 1MM, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by PaulMSN
I tried one more time to change an Expedia-purchased ticket through TK, but was again told that they can't take control of the ticket and I'd have to do it through Expedia. Of course Expedia wants to re-price, so I'm not doing that.

I'm wondering whether I'm consistently getting the wrong reps or if it's something about my tickets (I've tried to change dates on two of them).

It was just a minor tussle with the TK booking engine that caused me to go to expedia.com. I am regretting that choice now. I absolutely need to change the date on the last one-way or I will have to cancel and find another way home.
dont feel so bad about not being able to make changes. I bought my r/t on turkish air web site and have been told twice I cant make changes until I start my travel on the first leg. I dont travel till 2012 so have time to try again.
Old Jun 15, 2011, 9:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SK AAR
It is simple: TK can not touch EXP bookings. Finding a TK agent who will bend this rule is like finding a needle in a haystack. Give it up and cancel if you can not travel.
If they cannot touch them, how do they manage to do so? Clearly it is possible, and several people have managed it, so maybe it's not as simple as you think. Telling someone to give up is not at all helpful.

I will try again sometime. Maybe I'll try SQueeze's idea.
Old Jun 15, 2011, 10:11 am

Programs: UA 1K, TG Platinum, SPG Gold, Hyatt GP Platinum, Priority Club Platinum, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by tangoll
I will be on a cruise ship that stops in Istanbul in late August. I wonder if US passport holders will be charged $20 visa fee for stopover by ship of one day in Istanbul, even if we don't get off the ship to explore IST.

Anyone know?
No fee for stop over on cruise, I been thier last year.
Old Jun 16, 2011, 3:02 am

If they cannot touch them, how do they manage to do so? Clearly it is possible, and several people have managed it, so maybe it's not as simple as you think. Telling someone to give up is not at all helpful.
I'm with SK AAR on this. There really is no recourse except getting lucky. So you may seriously want to consider to stop putting yourself through the pain and frustration of calling and requesting a schedule change from TK directly.

I know for me that the mental anguish is not worth it.
Old Jun 16, 2011, 3:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by SK AAR
Actually, it is not that simple: many have reported luck changing their ticket.

And the point of your post was???
Old Jun 16, 2011, 4:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Originally Posted by Santander
Despite what I've read in several places on the Internet that they only accept cash at the Visa counter, I saw someone pay by credit card and also a POS machine of some sort at the counter. Wouldn't count on them taking Amex though, haha.
I visited IST earlier this year (real stay) and they took all major credit cards in addition to cash (U$s, ús, Euros, TK). Line ups were incredibly long and slow moving both for the visa and immigration.
Old Jun 16, 2011, 6:58 am

Anyone venture a guess as to how many tickets, either ow or rt, were booked at this fare? 50? 100? 200?
Old Jun 16, 2011, 7:26 am

Originally Posted by MatthewLAX
Actually, it is not that simple: many have reported luck changing their ticket.

And the point of your post was???
Not sure if you saw the post that SK AAR was responding to.. if you had, then you would have seen that PaulMSN had reported trying to change the dates of the ticket multiple times to no avail. The way I interpreted SK AAR's reply was simply providing a reality check that agents that have refused to make changes are actually following standard procedure.

Not sure what you felt constituted a "thumbs-down" in that?
Old Jun 16, 2011, 10:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jjgollum
Not sure if you saw the post that SK AAR was responding to.. if you had, then you would have seen that PaulMSN had reported trying to change the dates of the ticket multiple times to no avail. The way I interpreted SK AAR's reply was simply providing a reality check that agents that have refused to make changes are actually following standard procedure.

Not sure what you felt constituted a "thumbs-down" in that?
Because it's not a useful post, so why post it? I know better than anyone else how many calls I'm willing to put up with. His post and yours add nothing but negativity without providing anything useful other than that you both think it's not worth the trouble.

Considering that at current I have no way home from Asia after my last TK RT and a one-way ticket home on the wrong date, how is it not worth it for me to try to get what several others have managed? The alternative is an expensive ticket unless there's a sale or another mistake fare, or using miles. Since I have until late October before I must cancel, an occasional attempt to get the right agent or trying alternative methods seems well worth it. The fare rules say it is changeable at no charge and others have changed it at no charge -- your "reality check" seems not very realistic to me.
Old Jun 16, 2011, 12:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Originally Posted by HopWise
Flew HKG-IST on June 11th:
* Called TK for seat assignments on June 8th and the agent insisted that it was 1-2-1 config

I am curious to know from those who've flown if because the seating assignments appear to all be based on a 1-2-1 configuration even when the 2-2-2 is flying, they had an empty seat beside them if seated in the two outer rows? Is TK underselling the cabin?
Old Jun 16, 2011, 12:55 pm

Because it's not a useful post, so why post it? I know better than anyone else how many calls I'm willing to put up with. His post and yours add nothing but negativity without providing anything useful other than that you both think it's not worth the trouble.

Considering that at current I have no way home from Asia after my last TK RT and a one-way ticket home on the wrong date, how is it not worth it for me to try to get what several others have managed? The alternative is an expensive ticket unless there's a sale or another mistake fare, or using miles. Since I have until late October before I must cancel, an occasional attempt to get the right agent or trying alternative methods seems well worth it. The fare rules say it is changeable at no charge and others have changed it at no charge -- your "reality check" seems not very realistic to me.
Sorry you are stressed out. I didn't take SK AAR's post in the negative light you and others evidently have. As we know, the fare is fully refundable.

Hope things work out for you.

Last edited by jjgollum; Jun 16, 2011 at 1:02 pm Reason: Clarification

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.