Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

The Athenee Hotel (formerly Plaza Athenee), Bangkok, Thailand [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 21, 2014, 10:57 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ElevatorEnthusiast
Hotel email address: [email protected]
OR: [email protected]
Lounge: [email protected]

Le Royal Club Benefits + Facilities (As of Feb 20, 2019)

Print Wikipost

The Athenee Hotel (formerly Plaza Athenee), Bangkok, Thailand [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 9, 2009, 10:32 pm
Company Representative -Le Meridien Plaza Athenee Bangkok

Originally Posted by yosithezet
Do Plats get breakfast on the 26th floor or can we opt for either the lounge breakfast or breakfast downstairs?
Of course: Platinum and Le Royal Club Lounge Guests continue to enjoy the choice of either having breakfast in the Club Lounge or at the Rain Tree Cafe in the lobby floor.
Old Nov 9, 2009, 10:35 pm
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
Originally Posted by Plaza Athenee, BKK (Starwood)
Of course: Platinum and Le Royal Club Lounge Guests continue to enjoy the choice of either having breakfast in the Club Lounge or at the Rain Tree Cafe in the lobby floor.
Excellent! ^^^

Thanks for the quick response! ^
Old Nov 10, 2009, 1:12 am

Programs: Delta Diamond. SPG Plat. Hyatt Diamond. Segafredo coffee stamp card, inContinental
Originally Posted by jaejaez
Am wondering whether their lukewarm service standards have improved.
it's the only complaint i've had with this hotel but it is still a big one. when i feel like the staff dun care about me being there, i simply dun wanna be there.
dungoderden
Old Nov 10, 2009, 6:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by werldporks
dungoderden
Excellent, -- touché!!!!
Old Nov 17, 2009, 8:22 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ *G, BA Gold, Bonvoy Ambassador Elite LFT Titanium , Hyatt Discoverist, ALL Diamond
The breakfast now served in the lounge is a smaller selection of what was previously available but it is nice to have the options.

Unlike LM Kuala Lumpur, no Jean-Georges tidbits in the lounge. So will go back to the raintree tomorrow for breaky.

This being said, I must congratulate the staff at Reflexion of its excellent service minded attitude.

To my surprise, Khun Belle remembered our visit of 4 weeks ago and where I was seated.
As an amuse-bouche was served, she remembered that I do not eat fish or seafood and before I could utter a word, ordered a substitution. Now this was really impressive (I don't expect the staff to remember my personal preference, specifically after my second visit).

As I was dining alone and had forgotten my book in Singapore, I enquired about the Financial Times. A staff was promptly despatched to look for the newspapers and returned with a copy of the IHT instead (no FT was to be found in the hotel). Belle not taking this for an answer went herself to the lobby to chase a copy of the newspapers. She came back with nothing but I appreciated the effort. This was well beyond the call of duty.

Chef Chiumenti spent a while of the evening at the table. Always great to hear from the Chef's past experience and work. I truly admire his foie-gras and told him so and he explained the process of preparation. Most memorable and great evening.

Must say that I have never found any ground for complaints at the PA. On the contrary, always great service.
Old Nov 17, 2009, 8:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
Looking forward to my stay from this Thursday till Saturday !
First time for me, after having spent lots of thime at the Westin, SGS and ROS.
Old Nov 17, 2009, 7:27 pm

Programs: UA1k3.00mm;AAex-EXP;Hy Glob;Acc Plt;HH Dia;Onyx Plt;Mar LT Tit;IHG DiAm;RR P;RRA G;BW D;Hcom G
Rambuster, what time are you checking out Saturday? I will be there for breakfast in the lobby restaurant Sat. morning at 10:15 am with a few other flyertalkers.
Old Nov 18, 2009, 1:49 am

Originally Posted by kevino
Rambuster, what time are you checking out Saturday? I will be there for breakfast in the lobby restaurant Sat. morning at 10:15 am with a few other flyertalkers.
This Saturday? 10:15 is a bit early, no?
Old Nov 18, 2009, 9:56 am

Programs: UA1k3.00mm;AAex-EXP;Hy Glob;Acc Plt;HH Dia;Onyx Plt;Mar LT Tit;IHG DiAm;RR P;RRA G;BW D;Hcom G
Yes, indeed it's early for most people, but I wanted to go to breakfast even earlier! 10:15 am is about the latest it can be before the buffet closes at 10:30. Are you going to join us?
Old Nov 18, 2009, 10:50 am

Yes, indeed it's early for most people, but I wanted to go to breakfast even earlier! 10:15 am is about the latest it can be before the buffet closes at 10:30. Are you going to join us?
I just might. Not sure if I land the evening before or early that morning and hadn't decided yet where to stay. I've taken to heading to a great join for pancakes on Saturday mornings of late but only around noon. Hmm.... Ok, made my reservation.
Old Nov 18, 2009, 7:55 pm

Originally Posted by werldporks
dungoderden
exactly. i hven't been back since. my home away from home in BKK is either the Conrad or WGS (or SGS when I can afford it )
Old Nov 18, 2009, 11:04 pm

Originally Posted by yosithezet
I just might. Not sure if I land the evening before or early that morning and hadn't decided yet where to stay. I've taken to heading to a great join for pancakes on Saturday mornings of late but only around noon. Hmm.... Ok, made my reservation.
So we'll see you Sat. morning in the restaurant? ^
Old Nov 19, 2009, 7:36 am

So we'll see you Sat. morning in the restaurant? ^
It is looking that way. You may also see me Friday night if you come to the lounge during cocktail hours. I have some work to finish before I can officially finish the week. I'm also hoping we'll be joined at breakfast by another FTer who is in town so consider me down for 2 or 3 people at Breakfast. ^
Old Nov 19, 2009, 8:08 am

I will be arriving late Friday night. But lovtofly3, uncle1k, and mb SeanthePilot will be there. With all the Plats, I don't expect to get a suite when I arrive.

With the hotel getting busier, I can understand why their rates have been increasing, but I hope it doesn't continue.
Old Nov 19, 2009, 8:21 am

I will be arriving late Friday night. But lovtofly3, uncle1k, and mb SeanthePilot will be there. With all the Plats, I don't expect to get a suite when I arrive.

With the hotel getting busier, I can understand why their rates have been increasing, but I hope it doesn't continue.
I'm moving home to the WGS on Saturday afternoon so you can take my room when I leave assuming I get a suite. At the moment I've only been upgraded to a Royal Club room.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.