Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

The Athenee Hotel (formerly Plaza Athenee), Bangkok, Thailand [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 21, 2014, 10:57 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ElevatorEnthusiast
Hotel email address: [email protected]
OR: [email protected]
Lounge: [email protected]

Le Royal Club Benefits + Facilities (As of Feb 20, 2019)

Print Wikipost

The Athenee Hotel (formerly Plaza Athenee), Bangkok, Thailand [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2009, 6:23 am

Programs: CO Platinum, Amex Platinum, SPG Platinum
I'm thinking of staying here for an upcoming trip, but if I try to book on SPG.com or directly on the hotel site the price is twice as much as what I can find on hotels.com.

Can I get the hotel to price match?
Old Aug 19, 2009, 7:06 am
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
Originally Posted by exschlub
I'm thinking of staying here for an upcoming trip, but if I try to book on SPG.com or directly on the hotel site the price is twice as much as what I can find on hotels.com.

Can I get the hotel to price match?
I'm getting around THB 3700 / night on hotels.com whereas the current promo is one night at THB 5800 and the second night free or the equivalent of THB 2800 / night.

In any event, why not drop a PM to Plaza Athenee, BKK (Starwood) and see what they can do for you.
Old Aug 19, 2009, 8:06 am

Programs: UA-1k, 1mm, Marriott-LT Platinum, Hertz-Presidents Circle
When you enter the days you are staying the 2 for 1 comes up as a rate, 5600 bahts for 2 days total (plus taxes fees). I think it comes out to be 6200 total or something like that.

This is a valid rate and had no problems booking through spg.com for my 3 stays there in the last 2 weeks.
Old Aug 19, 2009, 1:25 pm

Taxi Card for Plaza Athenee Bangkok

This is a great image of the taxi card from the Plaza Athenee in Bangkok, supplied as an image by the hotel. It has the hotel details and a map in English and Thai making it easy to hand to a taxi driver when trying to reach the hotel. While the hotel gives them out it may be beneficial to have one with you when you are getting a taxi from the airport at the start of your stay.

Old Aug 19, 2009, 5:32 pm

Programs: UA1k3.00mm;AAex-EXP;Hy Glob;Acc Plt;HH Dia;Onyx Plt;Mar LT Tit;IHG DiAm;RR P;RRA G;BW D;Hcom G
Originally Posted by yosithezet
I doubt this is a Platinum benefit and imagine it is a Club Floor or similar benefit. Perhaps the property's lurker can shed some light on this topic.
Plats get two pieces of pressing, that's the important thing, whether it's bc it's a plat. benefit or an executive lloor benefit. As a contrary example, at the WGS, you can be a Plat. and put on the executive floor, and you won't get free pressing unless you are paying the executive floor rate.
Old Aug 19, 2009, 7:25 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by kevino
at the WGS, you can be a Plat. and put on the executive floor, and you won't get free pressing unless you are paying the executive floor rate.
Lurker has assured us that such "discrimination" is not part of SPG policy ...
Old Aug 19, 2009, 7:31 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Originally Posted by Chris27
One other question:
Is it possible to invite guests into the lounge during evening cocktail hours and what would be the charge for it ?

Thanks.
Yes, it's possible ...

One evening, I invited two friends over for happy hour drinks and because I have a double booking I asked them to consider one of them as my "room-mate" ... they agreed

they however did charge me full hotel bar prices for the second guest which seems fair.

BTW, we were NOT charged for the food for the second guest

Last edited by Kalboz; Aug 19, 2009 at 7:45 pm
Old Aug 19, 2009, 11:53 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K HYglob Marr LT Titanium
Originally Posted by kats
I am surprised and disappointed to learn they offer 2 pcs of comp laundry to P members. I have never been told about the comp laundry in my last 3 stays since May this year.
I just confirmed with supervisor in the Club Lounge
that 2 pieces of complimentry laundry is both a Platinum and Club Floor benefit.

Also inquired about cocktail hours as a Platinum guest.
Glaz bar or the Club Lounge are options between 6-8PM.
Old Aug 20, 2009, 6:45 am

Programs: SPG & CO Plat.
Originally Posted by Kalboz
Yes, it's possible ...

One evening, I invited two friends over for happy hour drinks and because I have a double booking I asked them to consider one of them as my "room-mate" ... they agreed

they however did charge me full hotel bar prices for the second guest which seems fair.

BTW, we were NOT charged for the food for the second guest
Same experience for me. A few trips back my work colleague brought a guest to the lounge. He is not plat, so he was my free +1 during the stay for lounge visits and breakfast. His guest then became my +2 for one evening in the lounge and the drinks were billed at full rate to my room. No charge for the food. My co-worker then squared the bill with me later.
Old Aug 20, 2009, 6:49 am

Gee, y'all never invite me to be your +1 in the PA lounge.
Old Aug 20, 2009, 8:37 am
Suspended

I had an evening flight and they couldnt extend my check-out beyond 4pm (which is fine with me). I was invited to use the lounge after check-out but they made it very clear that any "consumption" is chargeable

Now how much they want to charge for an OJ and some peanuts, I do not know. However, their "baht-pinching" attitude put them at the bottom of my list for Starwood hotels in Bangkok.
Old Aug 20, 2009, 9:06 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Originally Posted by mario33
Now how much they want to charge for an OJ and some peanuts, I do not know. However, their "baht-pinching" attitude put them at the bottom of my list for Starwood hotels in Bangkok.
Don't know how much they would charge you for OJ & peanuts ... But believe me they are much better than the vultures at the Conrad Bangkok. I had a friend over at the executive lounge yesterday who just had a soda and a plate of finger food. Today at checkout I was presented with an almost 1000 baht bill ... so much for the summer sale & the 2 for 1 promo. It's like a feeding frenzy in BKK nowadays with every property cutting back on services and aminities while pushing the envelope in revenue generating tactics!

I am glad I am outta there ... now at the JW Marriott.

Last edited by Kalboz; Aug 20, 2009 at 11:20 pm
Old Aug 20, 2009, 9:29 am

Programs: BA*G, UA1K, SPG-P, HH-G, GP-D, IC-RA
Originally Posted by lovtofly3
I just confirmed with supervisor in the Club Lounge that 2 pieces of complimentry laundry is both a Platinum and Club Floor benefit.

Also inquired about cocktail hours as a Platinum guest.
Glaz bar or the Club Lounge are options between 6-8PM.
Mmm... I have never been informed about comp laundry or Glaz bar option. Should we not be told about these benefits and options without asking??
Old Aug 20, 2009, 11:14 am

Originally Posted by mario33
I had an evening flight and they couldnt extend my check-out beyond 4pm (which is fine with me). I was invited to use the lounge after check-out but they made it very clear that any "consumption" is chargeable

This would leave me with a poor opinion of the property as well. I've spent countless hours in lounges after checking out, mainly in Le Meridien Delhi, Hyatt Regency Delhi and Grand Hyatt Mumbai, while waiting to leave for my flight and never once has the possibility of having to pay for food or drink if I'm there during cocktail hours or soft drinks otherwise been raised.

Originally Posted by kats
Mmm... I have never been informed about comp laundry or Glaz bar option. Should we not be told about these benefits and options without asking??
Yes, we should be getting some slip of paper listing these things. I don't recall whether or not I got something at PA, but I'm assuming not. I'm certain I've gotten such a list at the SGS.
Old Aug 20, 2009, 2:08 pm

Programs: UA1k3.00mm;AAex-EXP;Hy Glob;Acc Plt;HH Dia;Onyx Plt;Mar LT Tit;IHG DiAm;RR P;RRA G;BW D;Hcom G
Originally Posted by Kalboz
Don't know how much they would charge you for OJ & peanuts ... But believe me they are much better than the vultures at the Conrad Bangkok. I had a friend over at the executive lounge yesterday who just had two sodas and a plate of finger food. Today at checkout I was presented with an almost 1000 baht bill ... so much for the summer sale & the 2 for 1 promo. It's like a feeding frenzy in BKK nowadays with every property cutting back on services and aminities while pushing the envelope in revenue generating tactics!

I am glad I am outta there ... now at the JW Marriott.
You got your lounge access at the Conrad based on status even on the Summer Sale rate, right? Did you get two pieces of pressing? The JW has a nice lounge, but it's often crowded.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.