Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

The Athenee Hotel (formerly Plaza Athenee), Bangkok, Thailand [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 21, 2014, 10:57 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ElevatorEnthusiast
Hotel email address: [email protected]
OR: [email protected]
Lounge: [email protected]

Le Royal Club Benefits + Facilities (As of Feb 20, 2019)

Print Wikipost

The Athenee Hotel (formerly Plaza Athenee), Bangkok, Thailand [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30, 2009, 7:20 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K HYglob Marr LT Titanium
Originally Posted by Plaza Athenee, BKK (Starwood)
Dear lovtofly,

Apologies for the delay in responding: actually, the Eat + Drink promotion is only valid until the 31st of August - we will review extending the promotion, however, in the coming weeks.

Feel free to e-mail [email protected] if you have any issues or rate enquiries we may help with (in addition to our Special Offers Page)!

Best regards,
Plaza Athenee, BKK (Starwood)
No I'm talking about 2 Nights are better than 1 promo for bookings in Sept.
all days in earlier months work,but Sept. I get not avaliable.

http://www.starwoodhotels.com/lemeri...ET1_LM_1846_TH
Old Jun 30, 2009, 10:54 pm
formerly known as 2lovelife

Location: ORF : UA_Premier_Gold4Life, Bonvoy_titanium, Accor_Plat
Originally Posted by Plaza Athenee, BKK (Starwood)
Best regards,

Edit:
We have also updated the appropriate information on Flyertalk
Thanks for your participation here so far. The offer to view the suites is also appreciated.

If I could make a suggestion. When you update and change the promotions on your thread (above), it would be very useful if, at the same time as editing the initial first post, you also added the same information as a new post at the bottom of the thread.

Many of us subscribe to that thread. An edit to the initial post would not automatically generate an email to us. By adding it as a new post, we receive a FlyerTalk thread update message to our emails that contains the new post(s).

Of course, having it also in the first post makes it easier to find.
Old Jul 10, 2009, 3:39 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Shangri-La Jade, IHG Platinum, TG Gold
do the rooms have dvd players ? what about ipod connectivity ?
Old Jul 10, 2009, 11:24 pm
Company Representative -Le Meridien Plaza Athenee Bangkok

Originally Posted by lovtofly3
No I'm talking about 2 Nights are better than 1 promo for bookings in Sept.
all days in earlier months work,but Sept. I get not avaliable.

http://www.starwoodhotels.com/lemeri...ET1_LM_1846_TH
We've had another look at our system - it should be possible to make bookings now. We did have limited availability for some time because September we tend to have more groups.

Best regards,
Old Jul 10, 2009, 11:27 pm

Originally Posted by meremale
do the rooms have dvd players ? what about ipod connectivity ?
Our Royal Club rooms and Deluxe Suites, as well as rooms on our Preferred Floor all have DVD players - iPod connectivity is not yet possible, but we will hopefully have the opportunity to look into it as part of our potential future enhancements.

Best regards,
Old Jul 10, 2009, 11:28 pm

Originally Posted by seanthepilot
If I could make a suggestion. When you update and change the promotions on your thread (above), it would be very useful if, at the same time as editing the initial first post, you also added the same information as a new post at the bottom of the thread.
Thank you for the feedback, seanthepilot. We will make sure we do what you described above going forward.

Best regards,

Last edited by SanDiego1K; Jul 11, 2009 at 5:15 am Reason: fixed quote ubb coding
Old Jul 11, 2009, 6:56 am
Original Member

Programs: AccorHotels finished, Honors Plat, MeliaRewards Gold, SPG dead, AF Frequence+ forever
Any SPG Gold Benefit

I intend to book 6 nights (Royal Club) with the 1+1 promo.
As a SPG Gold, should I expect any specific benefit (extra vodka )?
Old Jul 11, 2009, 3:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
Originally Posted by Sylvest941
I intend to book 6 nights (Royal Club) with the 1+1 promo.
As a SPG Gold, should I expect any specific benefit (extra vodka )?
Nope, since you'll book Le Royal club you'll get great benefits: a very well appointed room, 2 pieces of laundry, breakfast in buffet or lounge, lounge access all day, etc.

Enjoy, and make sure you get one of the hotel's cards for the taxi. We were very surprised how many taxis didn't know where the hotel was.
Old Jul 22, 2009, 7:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I see now that this great promotion is available through the starwoodhotels.com website.
I booked two rooms through spg.com and could not find it!!
I am quite dismayed as I booked a non-refundable, fully prepaid rate.
Waiting for feedback from brg.
I think it is quite unreasonable they list the offer on starwoodhotels.com and not on spg.com!!!
Let you know what happens- my rate is 50% more plus it does not include free breakfast.
Old Jul 22, 2009, 7:23 am
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG
I see now that this great promotion is available through the starwoodhotels.com website.
I booked two rooms through spg.com and could not find it!!
I am quite dismayed as I booked a non-refundable, fully prepaid rate.
Waiting for feedback from brg.
I think it is quite unreasonable they list the offer on starwoodhotels.com and not on spg.com!!!
Let you know what happens- my rate is 50% more plus it does not include free breakfast.
When I go to SPG.com I get redirected to https://www.starwoodhotels.com/prefe...est/index.html

Same website.
Old Jul 22, 2009, 7:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by yosithezet
When I go to SPG.com I get redirected to https://www.starwoodhotels.com/prefe...est/index.html

Same website.
You cannot find the offer unless you use the above link in post #121.
Old Jul 23, 2009, 8:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

All resolved by the great service people at the Plaza Athenee.
By the way the SPG BRG response didn't really make sense to me as it seems to contradict itself- if they guarantee the best rate why did I have to write to the hotel to actually get it (if someone can make sense of the text below it would be wonderful):

"Thank you for your interest in The Starwood Best Rate Guarantee Program. I welcome this opportunity to assist you.

Starwood guarantees that Starwood-branded websites will have the best room rate for any Starwood branded hotels ('Best Rate Guarantee'). The Starwood Best Rate Guarantee does not apply if the Competing Rate is found on a Starwood-branded Website.
As both the rates you have submitted were found on a Starwood Branded website we are unable to approve your Best Rate Guarantee Claim
."
Old Jul 23, 2009, 2:45 pm

Programs: SPG & CO Plat.
Leisure stay

Just completed a 14-day leisure stay at the Athenee, what a wonderful experience.

Other than a few business meetings early in my stay, this was my first trip to BKK where I would have the large majority of my time for leisure. Having done all the major things during past trips, I largely wanted to just relax and reward myself for the successful conclusion of a six-year project.

The staff at the Athenee proved excellent in helping me do exactly that.

I would start the day with a wonderful breakfast in the Raintree cafe, comp'ed as part of the hotel's platinum recognition, then, weather permitting, get some hints from the staff or the concierge on where to go or what to see. Weather not permitting (and this is the rainy season), I'd hole up in my room and watch a movie or two. With the black-out curtains in the bedroom of the suite, comfortable chair w/ ottoman, and flat-panel HDTV, it was a pretty good way to catch up on movies I'd wanted to see. And, this being Bangkok, $3 will get you pretty much any movie in most any major tourist area.

But this is not a trip report, so back to the Athenee:

Leisure hint: google Bangkok movie VIP seating to learn about BKK's luxury theaters. (or, just ask the PA concierge, who can make the needed reservation for you. ^)

Conclusion: thanks, PA, for a great, affordable extended holiday experience!
              Old Jul 24, 2009, 2:32 am
              Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: SPG
              Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG
              All resolved by the great service people at the Plaza Athenee.
              By the way the SPG BRG response didn't really make sense to me as it seems to contradict itself- if they guarantee the best rate why did I have to write to the hotel to actually get it (if someone can make sense of the text below it would be wonderful):

"Thank you for your interest in The Starwood Best Rate Guarantee Program. I welcome this opportunity to assist you.

Starwood guarantees that Starwood-branded websites will have the best room rate for any Starwood branded hotels ('Best Rate Guarantee'). The Starwood Best Rate Guarantee does not apply if the Competing Rate is found on a Starwood-branded Website.
              As both the rates you have submitted were found on a Starwood Branded website we are unable to approve your Best Rate Guarantee Claim
              ."
              Hi TRAVELSIG,

"Competing" rates here refer to those provided by non-Starwood sites.

In addition, I believe to compare two different rates, these rates have to be available to the public. In this instance, the rate supplied by the property might be an individual rate(this has not been detailed) given upon your request.

BRG would not be applicable if it is this case.

Hope this helps.

[email protected]

Thyetus Lee | Online Forum Coordinator(AP)
              Starwood Customer Contact Centre (AP) Pte Ltd
              Old Jul 24, 2009, 2:56 am
              Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
              Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
              Originally Posted by FatManInNYC
              Just completed a 14-day leisure stay at the Athenee, what a wonderful experience.
              Great review for a great property! ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.