Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

The Athenee Hotel (formerly Plaza Athenee), Bangkok, Thailand [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 21, 2014, 10:57 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ElevatorEnthusiast
Hotel email address: [email protected]
OR: [email protected]
Lounge: [email protected]

Le Royal Club Benefits + Facilities (As of Feb 20, 2019)

Print Wikipost

The Athenee Hotel (formerly Plaza Athenee), Bangkok, Thailand [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2009, 2:12 pm

Programs: UA1k3.00mm;AAex-EXP;Hy Glob;Acc Plt;HH Dia;Onyx Plt;Mar LT Tit;IHG DiAm;RR P;RRA G;BW D;Hcom G
Originally Posted by kats
Mmm... I have never been informed about comp laundry or Glaz bar option. Should we not be told about these benefits and options without asking??
Yes, but I think they tend to think we're only interested in suites at check-in. If you ask at check-in for your benefits, they give you a letter that lists Le Royal Club Lounge guest benefits.
Old Aug 20, 2009, 2:15 pm

Programs: UA1k3.00mm;AAex-EXP;Hy Glob;Acc Plt;HH Dia;Onyx Plt;Mar LT Tit;IHG DiAm;RR P;RRA G;BW D;Hcom G
Originally Posted by mario33
Lurker has assured us that such "discrimination" is not part of SPG policy ...
Thanks! That's good to know. ^^ I guess it's the old distinction between "theory and practice."
Old Aug 20, 2009, 2:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
I've never been charged for anything in a lounge, while waiting after checking out. Not at a Hyatt, Hilton or IC, anyway.
Old Aug 20, 2009, 2:26 pm

Originally Posted by yosithezet
Gee, y'all never invite me to be your +1 in the PA lounge.
You are quite welcome to be my +1 anytime I am there.
Old Aug 20, 2009, 2:28 pm

Originally Posted by lovtofly3
I just confirmed with supervisor in the Club Lounge
that 2 pieces of complimentry laundry is both a Platinum and Club Floor benefit.

Also inquired about cocktail hours as a Platinum guest.
Glaz bar or the Club Lounge are options between 6-8PM.
I always trust what lovtofly3 reports! ^^ Thanks!
Old Aug 20, 2009, 8:24 pm
Company Representative -Le Meridien Plaza Athenee Bangkok

It's great to get so much feedback - some very interesting observations were made, and we do take note of them as we strive to improve our Guests' time with us.

Originally Posted by exschlub
I'm thinking of staying here for an upcoming trip, but if I try to book on SPG.com or directly on the hotel site the price is twice as much as what I can find on hotels.com.

Can I get the hotel to price match?
All of our booking channels are a good place to look for rates, but our Exclusive Offers Page gives you a breakdown of the most attractive promotions - the 1+1 is one of them.

Best regards,
Plaza Athenee, BKK (Starwood)
Old Aug 20, 2009, 11:18 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Originally Posted by kevino
You got your lounge access at the Conrad based on status even on the Summer Sale rate, right? Did you get two pieces of pressing? The JW has a nice lounge, but it's often crowded.
I don't know what's the big deal with the Conrad???

Yes, the two pieces of pressing were promised but never picked-up. The Conrad's lounge is very tiny in comparison to the JW's with only 3 tables side-to-side at its widest point with no privacy whatsoever. The JW's executive lounge's terrace alone is bigger than the entire Conrad's EL.

I don't mean to sound harsh here but the Conrad is too pretentious for me with too much fluff and nothing to show for. I will do a complete review in the proper thread.

Last edited by Kalboz; Aug 20, 2009 at 11:37 pm
Old Aug 21, 2009, 6:31 am
Suspended

Conrad Bangkok

Originally Posted by Kalboz
The big deal is that the Conrad has very nice rooms (especially when compared with the cheap furnishings at the much "loved" SGS). The lounge food offerings in the evenings are outstanding and I actually like a "thin" lounge since such design allow for a higher proportion of tables by the window.

I do have issues with the Conrad as well (like their dress code even on a Sunday morning where even smart casual is deemed inappropriate), but lets not bash a really nice hotel just because they charged you BHT1,000 for inviting a guest to the lounge (which is clearly spelt-out in their welcome letter)

As for comp pressing, its 3 pieces per stay at the Conrad and I have not encountered any problem.
Old Aug 22, 2009, 2:21 am

Programs: NH*G, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Kalboz

I don't mean to sound harsh here but the Conrad is too pretentious for me with too much fluff and nothing to show for. I will do a complete review in the proper thread.
Totally agree with this comment, didn`t like the Conrad as well, especially the snobbish attitude of most staff... Never had similar experience in Thailand before.
Old Aug 22, 2009, 3:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by Plaza Athenee, BKK (Starwood)
It's great to get so much feedback - some very interesting observations were made, and we do take note of them as we strive to improve our Guests' time with us.

All of our booking channels are a good place to look for rates, but our Exclusive Offers Page gives you a breakdown of the most attractive promotions - the 1+1 is one of them.

Best regards,
Plaza Athenee, BKK (Starwood)
I looked at your Exclusive Offers Page, and find that some deals listed are already expired. The 2 for 1 deal, specifically. I tried booking it, and the 2800++ rate seems to show up, so perhaps the expiration date just needs to show up. Others list a August 31st expiration date.
Old Aug 22, 2009, 10:50 pm

Platinum card terms and conditions does not include comp laundry or pressing. Its because the Platinum members staying at the Plaza Athenee are given the Le Royal Club benefits that includes comp laundry or pressing.
Old Aug 22, 2009, 11:05 pm

Originally Posted by sohsin
Platinum card terms and conditions does not include comp laundry or pressing. Its because the Platinum members staying at the Plaza Athenee are given the Le Royal Club benefits that includes comp laundry or pressing.
Yes, whether the Plats. are staying on a club floor or not. ^^
Old Aug 23, 2009, 6:35 am
Tak

Programs:  UA 1MM, JAL JGC Diamond, SPG Lifetime PLT, AMEX PLT
I like the Plaza Athenee, but Conrad is as good as PA.
I had stayed several times at both suites, and I prefered Conrad Suite.
Also, Japanese and Chinese restaurants in Conrad are better than restaurants in PA.
Although I took advantage of mistake rate by Conrad, their lounge staffs were so nice throughout our stays.

If the rate for both hotels are same, I would stay at Conrad(if I do not care stay/night count for SPG status).

However, PA is much closer to station and usually cheaper than Conrad.
ALso, I have no complain about PA, and usually their service is good.
So in order to earn stay/night count, PA is a good choice for me.
Old Aug 23, 2009, 6:47 am

Programs: AA Exp Plat, UA 1K MM, DL Plat Hyatt Globalist, MGM Noir
What am I missing about the PA?

I checked into the PA today and frankly do not see what all the fuss is about. First, I came here from the SGS where as an SPG Gold on an award stay had an upgraded room, free breakfast, free Internet, 3-piece laundry service, late check out and comp drinks in the evening. At the PA I was informed that my SPG Gold status entitled me to 3 SPG points per $ and a room on the SPG floor. That's it. ...?

So far I have found the staff to be cool if not aloof. Service at the pool was non-existant today until I went searching for a server. Location wise the PA is in a quieter area so that is plus but I do not see why people rave about this property. Did I just arrive on a bad day? What am i missing about this property that every one seems to rave about? As an SPG Gold the SGS is a much better value. I am seriously considering decamping back to the SGS for the remainder of my stay in BKK.
Old Aug 23, 2009, 7:05 am

Programs: UA LT 1K HYglob Marr LT Titanium
Originally Posted by OnAMileHigh
I checked into the PA today and frankly do not see what all the fuss is about. First, I came here from the SGS where as an SPG Gold on an award stay had an upgraded room, free breakfast, free Internet, 3-piece laundry service, late check out and comp drinks in the evening. At the PA I was informed that my SPG Gold status entitled me to 3 SPG points per $ and a room on the SPG floor. That's it. ...?

So far I have found the staff to be cool if not aloof. Service at the pool was non-existant today until I went searching for a server. Location wise the PA is in a quieter area so that is plus but I do not see why people rave about this property. Did I just arrive on a bad day? What am i missing about this property that every one seems to rave about? As an SPG Gold the SGS is a much better value. I am seriously considering decamping back to the SGS for the remainder of my stay in BKK.
Sounds like you got lucky at the SGS.
As all those benefits aren't usually given to golds there.

I spent many nights at the SGS as a gold and never recieved comp. breakfast,internet or a suite in about 20 stays over 3 years.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.