Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

The Athenee Hotel (formerly Plaza Athenee), Bangkok, Thailand [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 21, 2014, 10:57 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ElevatorEnthusiast
Hotel email address: [email protected]
OR: [email protected]
Lounge: [email protected]

Le Royal Club Benefits + Facilities (As of Feb 20, 2019)

Print Wikipost

The Athenee Hotel (formerly Plaza Athenee), Bangkok, Thailand [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2010, 2:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by Plaza Athenee, BKK (Starwood)
If you have a look at our Special Offers Page, there is an offer called "Le Royal Club Discovery." It is a promotional rate for a room + access to le Royal Club during your stay - if you are on property during the Songkran period, there is an additional 10% off the THB 4'200++ rate (THB 3'800++).

Enjoy!

Plaza Athenee (BKK), A Royal Meridien

P.S. Bookings (at the moment) for this rate need to be made by the end of the 7th of March, 2010, for stays until the end of April, 2010
great....thanks for the info....
Old Mar 16, 2010, 10:26 pm
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
The Plaza Athenee has started a blog. The last two posts were of itineraries for a Saturday and Sunday. Looks like it will be nice. http://www.royalmeridienbangkok.blogspot.com/
Old Apr 5, 2010, 1:49 am
Company Representative -Le Meridien Plaza Athenee Bangkok

It's been rather quiet in this forum - we're guessing that no news is good news!

We just want to re-iterate that we welcome feedback with open arms (especially through online means such as FlyerTalk and Trip Advisor).

We hope to see many of you return to us in the not-too-distant future.

Best regards,
Plaza Athenee, BKK (Starwood)
Old Apr 5, 2010, 2:36 am
kpc

Programs: QF Plat, VA Gold, HH Diam, PC Plat, SPG Gold
It's been rather quiet in this forum - we're guessing that no news is good news!

We just want to re-iterate that we welcome feedback with open arms (especially through online means such as FlyerTalk and Trip Advisor).

Best regards,
Thanks to this thread / forum, and your help, I have booked 7 nights (3 for myself, and 4 for my parents) in July^ Can't wait
Old Apr 5, 2010, 2:41 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Shangri-La Jade, IHG Platinum, TG Gold
Best regards,
I guess maybe Plaza Athenee has so exceeded Flyertalkers expectations that no one has any bad comments to make.
Old Apr 8, 2010, 11:17 pm

Programs: AA EXP, CX MPC GLD, MR PLT, SPG PLT, National Exec.
I am Plat. with Marriott and only Gold with SPG. Looking at two of the MR properties in BKK but really tempted to try this property. Is it worth it? Considering I will not have lounge access and probably limited in any upgrade.
Old Apr 9, 2010, 1:30 am

Programs: UA, AA, AS, DL, BA, HA, WN, SPG-PL, Hyatt-Dia, HH-Dia, Marr-Pl, US Mint/VR(retired)
Originally Posted by aa767flyer
I am Plat. with Marriott and only Gold with SPG. Looking at two of the MR properties in BKK but really tempted to try this property. Is it worth it? Considering I will not have lounge access and probably limited in any upgrade.
I am also SPG Gold and the thing I love about PA is that you can upgrade to the lounge floor for 1,500 points. Well worth it.
Old Apr 9, 2010, 1:58 am
Community Director Emerita

If you are plat with Marriott and only gold with Starwood, I'm not sure why you'd switch - unless you really want to be by the BTS station. The Marriott has a very nice lounge to which you get access, and the location is only modestly different.
Old Apr 9, 2010, 3:48 am

Programs: SQ TPP, BA Gold, Hyatt Life Glob, SPG/Marriott Life Plat,
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
If you are plat with Marriott and only gold with Starwood, I'm not sure why you'd switch - unless you really want to be by the BTS station. The Marriott has a very nice lounge to which you get access, and the location is only modestly different.
Indeed. If I was Marriott Plat and SPG Gold I would definitely go for the JW in Bangkok.
Old Apr 9, 2010, 7:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
And if that's important to you, you also want to check out the SGS. The JW executive lounge, however, is reeely nice. I was a guest of Kalboz there a few months ago, and loved it.
Old Apr 9, 2010, 8:01 am
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
If you just want to try it out, spend the 1500 points and upgrade to lounge access and the like. It is a very nice place. You could start at JW, try the PA, then back to the JW and have 2 stays instead of one.
Old Apr 13, 2010, 7:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond

Best regards,
Hello there,

We usually stay at the IC(Gold Ambassador) in Bangkok and this time I have booked two Royal Club rooms at your hotel.
We look forward to enjoying the experience of your hotel, May 27-May 30.

Cheers,
Djjaguar

Last edited by djjaguar64; Apr 13, 2010 at 7:50 pm
Old Apr 13, 2010, 8:40 pm

Programs: DL PlatMM, BA and Alaska Emerald, HHonors DIA, Accor, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Amb, UA Silver, AA
How are the summer promos shaping up at the Plaza Athenee?
The LM Bangkok is already showing rates of just 3,000THB for my dates in July(!) which is an excellent rate for an SPG hotel in BKK--in fact, I can't think of anything that low in recent memory, other than the PA's sale last year.
Old Apr 14, 2010, 12:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by kyushuman
How are the summer promos shaping up at the Plaza Athenee?
The LM Bangkok is already showing rates of just 3,000THB for my dates in July(!) which is an excellent rate for an SPG hotel in BKK--in fact, I can't think of anything that low in recent memory, other than the PA's sale last year.
my set rate gives me a rate of thb 2,700 for the le méridien next month....i would much rather stay at the plaza athénée....come on guys....give us that rate we love....
Old Apr 14, 2010, 2:09 am

Programs: QF Plat (OWE), VA Plat, HH DMD, Accor Plat
I have 9 nights booked here in August - five days are for a conference (at a nearby hotel that's not part of SPG), and I have the weekends to explore.

It'll be my first stay here. I love staying in a new hotel for the first time so I'm really looking forward to it

-Shaun

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.