Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

The Athenee Hotel (formerly Plaza Athenee), Bangkok, Thailand [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 21, 2014, 10:57 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ElevatorEnthusiast
Hotel email address: [email protected]
OR: [email protected]
Lounge: [email protected]

Le Royal Club Benefits + Facilities (As of Feb 20, 2019)

Print Wikipost

The Athenee Hotel (formerly Plaza Athenee), Bangkok, Thailand [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2008, 5:30 pm

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
BTW. I was able to take breakfast on the Lobby level. A nice spread with two cooking stations. Eggs and noodles. Just sign to your room if you have Club lounge access. You are not supposed to be charge. Will know for sure in a few hours.
Old Jan 25, 2008, 11:39 pm

I am staying here quite frequently, thanks to the LM 7 stay 4 free nights promotion. Just completed two stays and I have abou three more to go this week. Please pm me if you guys are in BKK now. Tonight I am @ SGS. Yesterday I was @ ROS. ROS is a diasppointment. Very bad location (despite the river access) and very crowded hotel.

LM is nice hotel and I would give four stars out of five. SGS is definately a five star in my books.

Last LM stay, I turned down a suite upgrade for a room on the club lounge level, hoping that I could catch free Lounge WIFI signal. That didn't quite work... Oh well. So, I will not turn down a suite upgrade from now on.

Here's my order of preference of SPG hotels in BKK

SGS>LM>WGS>ROS

Here's my order of preference of all hotels I've been in BKK

SGS>IC>Conrad>LM>Hilton>Westin>HI BKK>ROS
Old Jan 27, 2008, 3:47 am

Programs: Delta Diamond. SPG Plat. Hyatt Diamond. Segafredo coffee stamp card, inContinental
Breakfast gratis ?

Originally Posted by RTWSTARALLIANCE
BTW. I was able to take breakfast on the Lobby level. A nice spread with two cooking stations. Eggs and noodles. Just sign to your room if you have Club lounge access. You are not supposed to be charge. Will know for sure in a few hours.
We're at the Plaza Athenee now, checked-in today, got u/g to a suite although it's almost 6pm now as I write this and the room's not been made ready yet (we arrived and checked-in at 3pm !! ) was that breakfast
charged for?
Old Jan 27, 2008, 6:11 am

Programs: SQ PPS UA 1K MM
Been at the SGS for the past week or so... (Just can't get drunk at BarSu any more!) Heading over to LM tomorrow, cause I have some things to do on Wireless. I have had room on floor below club lounge and got wireless signal from the lounge floor... I have to say, I love the wifi at the SGS pool I am enjoying a drink right now at the Sala
Old Jan 27, 2008, 8:22 am

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
At the Le now. My associate who has his own room and I decided to take Royal Club rooms as we were told the wait would be long for suites which they had at least blocked me into. It was appreciated.

Yes. The breakfast did show up on my ending room bill but was removed when I pointed it out. The Club manager actually came down upon my departure to apologize about the bad information regarding start of breakfast. She said it should have started that day at 6 AM.

So. The Royal Lounge is on 26. I am on 25. Tonight wifi will be without charge. Read that. Regards from BKK. Off to SIN tomorrow for another SIN night at the Le Dump.
Old Feb 5, 2008, 2:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Originally Posted by brahms77
Here's my order of preference of all hotels I've been in BKK

SGS>IC>Conrad>LM>Hilton>Westin>HI BKK>ROS
Well I am going to have my SPG tour of Bangkok next week and will report if I agree with your findings.

BTW is the HI BKK in your list the former Le Meridien which is the Holiday Inn that is next to the InterContinental? (I am sure that it cannot be the other HI which is a total dump)
Old Feb 5, 2008, 10:34 am

Originally Posted by holtju2
Well I am going to have my SPG tour of Bangkok next week and will report if I agree with your findings.

BTW is the HI BKK in your list the former Le Meridien which is the Holiday Inn that is next to the InterContinental? (I am sure that it cannot be the other HI which is a total dump)
I think SGS is just as good as IC.

IC's club lounge and its food selection is the best of all hotels that I have been to in BKK.

SGS's butler service is fantastic and certainly comp for not having a club lounge.

LM's club lounge is nice, but food selection is lacking.

HI BKK I am talking about is the one next to IC.
Old Feb 5, 2008, 6:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by brahms77
I think SGS is just as good as IC.

IC's club lounge and its food selection is the best of all hotels that I have been to in BKK.

SGS's butler service is fantastic and certainly comp for not having a club lounge.

LM's club lounge is nice, but food selection is lacking.

HI BKK I am talking about is the one next to IC.
The HI BKK is the new building next to the IC, the other HI is the HI Silom.

It is the IC which used to be a Meridien.

It isn't just the butler service which is good at the SGS, also the full breakfast in the restaurant (choice of 2) and evening free drinks in one of 3 bars.
Old May 13, 2009, 10:22 am
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Introduction

I'm pleased to introduce official Hotel Representation at Flyertalk from one of our Starwood properties in Bangkok - Plaza Athénée Bangkok, A Royal Meridien Hotel (username: Plaza Athénée, BKK (Starwood)).

The Hotel Marketing Communications and Reservations Teams will review posts, questions or concerns pertaining to the property on a daily/bi-daily basis. Please accept the property's apologies in advance if an occasional time-lag takes place.

To get off to a bustling start, Plaza Athénée Bangkok will launch a promotion exclusive to the Flyertalk Community. Details of the promotion and how to book will be advised in a new thread on Friday, the 15th of May, 2009*.

Stay tuned - and I hope you will join Plaza Athénée Bangkok, A Royal Meridien Hotel as they embark on a voyage of discovery here at Flyertalk.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Online Guest Feedback Coordinator
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]

*barring any unforeseen technical difficulties
Old May 13, 2009, 10:53 am
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
I'm flabbergasted! Once again Starwood impresses with the level of responsiveness. I've stayed at the PA a few times and enjoyed it immensely. I am able to get a cheaper rate at the Westin so I haven't stayed there in the past year and a half or so.

Welcome to FlyerTalk, Plaza Athénée, BKK (Starwood)!
Old May 13, 2009, 11:33 am

Programs: UA 1K, AC E, *G x2, BMI Silver, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, PC Platinum, Hilton Gold
Wow amazing... imagine if even half the Starwood hotels dedicated 10 minutes , two or three times a week to Flyertalk! I think they would learn a lot about what their guests really think, and increase their revenue!
Old May 13, 2009, 5:36 pm

Programs: BA/A3 Gold/SPG Plat
Check-in on Apr.29 under PROMO: Eat/Drink = stay free at the Plaza Athenee Bangkok. Upgrade to executive suite and following benefits:

Dear Guest,

It gives me great pleasure to welcome you to Plaza Athenee Bangkok, A Royal Meridien and I am delighted to have you as our Le Royal Club guest. As a guest of our prestigious Le Royal Club, we trust that you will enjoy the following while in residence.

o Access to the Le Royal Club Lounge, located on the 26th floor and open daily from 07:00 a.m. until 10:00 p.m.

Full American Buffet Breakfast, served from 05:30 a.m. until 10:30 a.m. at the Rain Tree Café on the ground floor.

All day complimentary tea, coffee and non-alcoholic beverages.

Afternoon Tea from 03:00 p.m. to 05:00 p.m.

Evening Cocktails, which includes an open bar with a selection of drinks and hors d’oeuvres, from 06:00 p.m. to 08:00 p.m.

o Two-hours complimentary use of our meeting or appointment rooms
(per guest room per stay, subject to availability)

o Personalized check - in at Royal Club Lounge or guest room, personal concierge services attending all your business, leisure and travel requirements and priority check-out at the Club Lounge.

o Library of selected international newspapers and magazines.

o Complimentary laundry (two pieces per guest, per stay).

o Late check out until 2:00 pm and subject to availability thereafter.

o Complimentary 30 minutes access to the internet at Royal Club Lounge desktop computers per day and free wireless access at Royal Club Lounge only. (Laptop not provided)

o Selection of complimentary DVD movies are available in Le Royal Club.

o Selection of complimentary music CDs are available in Le Royal Club.
Here's my photo reports @ flickr

Bath amenities changed to LM brand, but I preferred the original series.
Old May 13, 2009, 6:12 pm
Company Representative -Le Meridien Plaza Athenee Bangkok

Originally Posted by Starwood Lurker
I'm pleased to introduce official Hotel Representation at Flyertalk from one of our Starwood properties in Bangkok - Plaza Athénée Bangkok, A Royal Meridien Hotel (username: Plaza Athénée, BKK (Starwood)).
Thanks, William. It's good to be here!

I see that there are already a number of posts on our existing special offers - we will try our utmost to respond to all questions and/or queries that may exist.

Best regards,
Plaza Athenee, BKK (Starwood)
Old May 13, 2009, 7:14 pm

Programs: It's Complicated...
Originally Posted by Plaza Athenee, BKK (Starwood)
Thanks, William. It's good to be here!

I see that there are already a number of posts on our existing special offers - we will try our utmost to respond to all questions and/or queries that may exist.

Best regards,
Plaza Athenee, BKK (Starwood)
Welcome! As someone that is quite high on the Sheraton Grande and Westin I am actually happy to hear the changes recently made especially to the more Sheraton style of Platinum benefits. I honestly never had much desire to stay at the Plaza Anthenee before but those changes make me reconsider.

Once again, welcome.
Old May 13, 2009, 8:37 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K HYglob Marr LT Titanium
Looking foward to the FT promo.

Might have to change a few bookings.

This is a great idea..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.