Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in San Francisco

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 9, 2018, 7:13 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: wcj1
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.

Below is a list of hotels Marriott has listed for San Francisco. Where there is a specific "Master" threads for a hotel, the name is a link to that thread:

Luxury:
St Regis San Francisco
Ritz Carlton San Francisco

Full Service:
W Hotel San Francisco
JW Marriott Union Square San Francisco
San Francisco Marriott Union Square
San Francisco Marriott Marquis
San Francisco Marriott Fisherman's Wharf
Marriott SoMA Mission Bay [San Francisco]
[GONE] Park Central (was Westin Market Street) San Francisco (rebranded as Hyatt)
Westin St. Francis, San Francisco
Westin SFO San Francisco Airport
Palace Hotel, San Francisco
Le Meridien Hotel San Francisco
San Francisco Proper, Design Hotel
Adagio Hotel, Autograph Collection (San Francisco, CA)
[GONE] Sheraton Fisherman's Wharf, San Francisco (re-branded as Riu Plaza San Francisco Fisherman's Wharf as of 12NOV19 - see post 134 in thread)
AC Hotel San Francisco Airport/Oyster Point Waterfront

Limited Service:
Courtyard San Francisco Downtown/Van Ness Ave
Courtyard San Francisco Union Square
Courtyard San Francisco Airport/Oyster Point Waterfront
Courtyard San Francisco Fisherman's Wharf
Courtyard San Francisco Downtown
Four Points by Sheraton SFO San Francisco Airport
aloft San Francisco Airport (Millbrae) SFO

Extended Stay:
Residence Inn San Francisco Airport/Oyster Point Waterfront

Timeshare:
Marriott Vacation Club Pulse, San Francisco

Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in San Francisco

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2006, 8:46 am

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by stratofortress
Just an upadte on the JW San Francisco: I stayed there a few weekends ago, and the hotel is quite nice, but definitely has a sort of "Disco 80s" feel to it. Lots of brass, and though the bathroom is very nice with a TV, oversized sink, tub & separate shower, it's done entirely in mauve...

Nice flat panel TV, Bose Wave CD player, etc. Also, I never heard a peep outside the room. No doors slamming, no hairdryers, nada. Very nice.

Also, when I asked whether I was getting an upgraded room because of my Gold status, the check-in agent said "Yes, you have a deluxe room". Not sure if there were smaller rooms in the hotel, but the view couldn't have been worse. 6th floor view of a vent shaft. There is no lounge on the weekend.
Old May 22, 2006, 8:47 am

Programs: UA
this room (deluxe room) sound familiar... perhaps hae stayed in the same one recently...
Old May 23, 2006, 11:00 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL Plat, US Chairman, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IC RA
Originally Posted by kyl1771
this room (deluxe room) sound familiar... perhaps hae stayed in the same one recently...
I'm headed back tomorrow - we'll see what sort of "Deluxe Room" I get this time. I'll also let you know how the lounge is.
Old Jun 2, 2006, 3:21 pm

Anyone else stay at the JW Marriott San Francisco and care to add some information?

How is the concierge lounge?

albatross
Old Jun 3, 2006, 10:22 am

Programs: DL,HH Gold,SPG Gold, Marriott Silver, Omni SG
I read that the JW is going to be renovated beginning in July. Can anyone confirm this?
Old Jun 8, 2006, 11:32 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL Plat, US Chairman, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IC RA
I'm checking in again tomorrow. Last 2 times I went have also been on weekends. The hotel is decent, but I booked a Deluxe Room and that's exactly what I got.

There seem to be a lot of priceliners at this hotel on weekends. Every time I'm at the desk, the other people have been given the "Your room has been pre-paid, but we need a credit card for incidentals" speech. If there are that many priceliners, it makes it hard for me to believe there aren't any better upgrades.
Old Jun 8, 2006, 11:36 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium (former PP), Hilton Silver, UA Silver, AS Member, Hertz 5*
Is the lounge at the JW open on weekends?
Old Jun 8, 2006, 11:48 am

It wasn't 3 weeks ago. If that's changed, I'll post here.
Old Jun 8, 2006, 11:33 pm

SFO Marriott

There are some lovely views.

However room 1887 is not one of them. (Denny's and a massage parlor).
Old Jun 9, 2006, 9:23 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, AAdvantage Gold, Air Canada Elite, Avis Pref Select, Hertz Gold,
Just completed my three night stay at the CY Fisherman's Wharf. Here's a mini-review....

Older, but well maintained property in an excellent location for vacationers. I was there for a business event at Moscone center, which was an easy fifteen minute cab ride....so it worked out well for that as well.

Competent, friendly staff. Good hot breakfast buffet, but a bit expensive. As you'd expect, numerous restaurants and attractions within walking distance. Probably the biggest negative was others in our party complaining about noise from the street in front of the hotel. I had a fourth floor street- facing room, and I'd describe the noise problem as "minor". My colleagues had rooms on lower street-facing floors. There are, however numerous rooms facing an inner plaza area, so you could always request one of those.

On balance a good experience. I'd definitely stay there again.
Old Jun 11, 2006, 1:13 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Completed a one night very quick stay at SF Marriott (by Moscone Center) using a Visa cert.

Excellent corner room high floor upgrade (although took 3 calls to front desk (wheedling by being nice) as a gold.

Those rooms are quite large, as large as some jr. suites (but no sitting area). Great large entryway for holding a ton of bags (which we had, as we were on our way to Hawaii).

The View lounge has really, really great views. Not quite as good as the BofA building's Carnelian Room, or the Grand Hyatt's rooftop lounge, but since it's facing southeast, they are really unique (Bay bridge) and way cool. Jazz on Friday and Saturday nights in the lounge.

I'd go back!
Old Jul 2, 2006, 9:41 pm

Programs: Marriott LTT, Amtrak Select, Hertz 5*, AA Gold, IHG Plat, National Exec
Ren Parc 55 or JW?

My wife and I have a 5-night stay (on points) booked at the Parc 55 in August. For the heck of it, I decided to see if the new JW had any award availability during the same dates, and they do.

Based on everything I've read, the Parc 55 seems like a very solid property, and so I'm hesitant to go and switch, but I'm curious as to whether anyone can offer an opinion as to whether the JW would be superior to the Parc 55.

Important considerations:

1) Must have a c-lounge (I know the Parc 55 does, and it sounds as though the JW does, am I correct?).

2) Location - want to be near Union Square, and convenient to cable cars so we can do the usual "touristy stuff."

3) I'm going to be doing several one-day car rentals from the Hertz on Mason street, which I know is walkable from the Parc 55, I'd also want it to be walkable from the JW.

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer!
Old Jul 3, 2006, 9:28 am

Programs: DL SkyMiles, MR, HH, ICH/PC, Avis Pref., Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by LPCJr
1) Must have a c-lounge (I know the Parc 55 does, and it sounds as though the JW does, am I correct?).
I don't know about the JW, but the Parc 55 lounge has become more restrictive in its C-L policies (e.g. all food and drinks must be consumed in the lounge) due to past abuses. I'm not sure whether it is open on weekends any more.

2) Location - want to be near Union Square, and convenient to cable cars so we can do the usual "touristy stuff."
According to the maps on Marriott.com, which you can easily verify for yourself, the proximity to Union Square is close for either property. The Parc 55 is nearer the terminal stop of one cable car route. More important (to me, at least) is that the Parc is nearer the other forms of transportation (Bart, Muni, F-trolley and buses) which makes getting around without a car much easier.

3) I'm going to be doing several one-day car rentals from the Hertz on Mason street, which I know is walkable from the Parc 55, I'd also want it to be walkable from the JW.
According to the Hertz site, there is a Hertz location right in the JW itself as well as the Parc 55. Either Sounds very convenient to me. Why are you going to Mason Street?

Last edited by keeton; Jul 3, 2006 at 10:17 am
Old Jul 3, 2006, 12:09 pm

Programs: Marriott LTT, Amtrak Select, Hertz 5*, AA Gold, IHG Plat, National Exec
Originally Posted by keeton
I don't know about the JW, but the Parc 55 lounge has become more restrictive in its C-L policies (e.g. all food and drinks must be consumed in the lounge) due to past abuses. I'm not sure whether it is open on weekends any more.

According to the maps on Marriott.com, which you can easily verify for yourself, the proximity to Union Square is close for either property. The Parc 55 is nearer the terminal stop of one cable car route. More important (to me, at least) is that the Parc is nearer the other forms of transportation (Bart, Muni, F-trolley and buses) which makes getting around without a car much easier.

According to the Hertz site, there is a Hertz location right in the JW itself as well as the Parc 55. Either Sounds very convenient to me. Why are you going to Mason Street?
keeton ,

Thanks for the information. I've never had anyone tell me I couldn't take anything out of a c-lounge. For my wife and I, being able to pick up things like bottled water and fresh fruit are a big plus, as we will be doing a lot of walking and touring around SF. If they try to restrict me from taking a reasonable amount of stuff from the lounge, I will quickly become a major thorn in the side of the property's GM...

Anyway, as to Hertz, the basic reasons: 1) I'm President's Circle with Hertz, and I am sort of thinking that maybe if I rent at the actual Hertz location I may be given a better choice of cars (often as a PC, I'm asked, we have X or Y or Z, which would you like). I assume that if I rent at the hotel, the valet simply retrieves a car from Hertz, and then I don't get to choose. 2) I'm using a number of different coupons for these rentals, and I gurss I'm paranoid but I have visions of that getting screwed up (billing) if I introduce a third-party into the transaction. The Mason St. location is only 4 blocks from the Parc 55, so in my mind it is not a big deal to walk there.

Thanks again for your help!
Old Jul 3, 2006, 4:11 pm

Programs: DL SkyMiles, MR, HH, ICH/PC, Avis Pref., Hertz Gold
keeton ,

Thanks for the information. I've never had anyone tell me I couldn't take anything out of a c-lounge. For my wife and I, being able to pick up things like bottled water and fresh fruit are a big plus, as we will be doing a lot of walking and touring around SF. If they try to restrict me from taking a reasonable amount of stuff from the lounge, I will quickly become a major thorn in the side of the property's GM...
Then you better call property beforehand for a clarification on their C-L policies. You could certainly sneak out >a< bottle of water without being challenged, but when I asked the concierge on duty why they started such a policy, she said that people were coming in and filling up purses, backpacks and even shopping bags with drinks and snacks. I guess it got pretty bad.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.