Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in San Francisco

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 9, 2018, 7:13 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: wcj1
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.

Below is a list of hotels Marriott has listed for San Francisco. Where there is a specific "Master" threads for a hotel, the name is a link to that thread:

Luxury:
St Regis San Francisco
Ritz Carlton San Francisco

Full Service:
W Hotel San Francisco
JW Marriott Union Square San Francisco
San Francisco Marriott Union Square
San Francisco Marriott Marquis
San Francisco Marriott Fisherman's Wharf
Marriott SoMA Mission Bay [San Francisco]
[GONE] Park Central (was Westin Market Street) San Francisco (rebranded as Hyatt)
Westin St. Francis, San Francisco
Westin SFO San Francisco Airport
Palace Hotel, San Francisco
Le Meridien Hotel San Francisco
San Francisco Proper, Design Hotel
Adagio Hotel, Autograph Collection (San Francisco, CA)
[GONE] Sheraton Fisherman's Wharf, San Francisco (re-branded as Riu Plaza San Francisco Fisherman's Wharf as of 12NOV19 - see post 134 in thread)
AC Hotel San Francisco Airport/Oyster Point Waterfront

Limited Service:
Courtyard San Francisco Downtown/Van Ness Ave
Courtyard San Francisco Union Square
Courtyard San Francisco Airport/Oyster Point Waterfront
Courtyard San Francisco Fisherman's Wharf
Courtyard San Francisco Downtown
Four Points by Sheraton SFO San Francisco Airport
aloft San Francisco Airport (Millbrae) SFO

Extended Stay:
Residence Inn San Francisco Airport/Oyster Point Waterfront

Timeshare:
Marriott Vacation Club Pulse, San Francisco

Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in San Francisco

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2006, 11:39 am

This would be a nice addition to Marriott's San Francisco family. It's a very nice hotel, good location, fine restaurant.
Old Mar 30, 2006, 11:43 am

sweet! is there a timeline for this to happen?
Old Mar 31, 2006, 11:32 pm

Programs: UA Million Miler, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Renaissance Parc 55 Hotel

When I checked in today to the Renaissance Parc 55 Hotel in San Francisco today I asked for an elite floor. I got an elite floor but was told that the club room is no longer open to Silver Elites. They also said that is closed over the weekend.

I told them that I was just here in December and received access to the club room and it was open 7 days a week. I also told them that I stayed here 3 times last year for a total of 15 nights and I am disappointed to hear of this cutback in service. Looks like I'll be moving over to the Hilton.
Old Apr 1, 2006, 6:45 pm

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
Public parking - near Marriott downtown SF

Originally Posted by BruceWG
Hello,

Just wondering if anyone has any ideas to offer for lower-cost parking than onsite...looking at a Friday night stay (and ball game) at one of the SF properties...any of these would work...

SF Marriott Downtown
SF Renaissance Parc 55 Hotel
SF Stanford Court
SF Fishermans Warf
SF Airport Marriott
San Mateo Marriott

Seems everyone of these only offers onsite parking which ranges from painful to "you've got to be kidding!" in cost

Thanks in advance,

Bruce
All on site parking costs north of $40 per day. If you stay at the Marriott Downtown (4th @ Mission), you can park over night at a public parking garage (5th and Mission parking garage) for $24 (may be $22, could remember exactly) for 24 hours. Very convenient to your ball game.
However, I think the Parc 55 is a nicer property, ditto its services.
Old Apr 2, 2006, 12:05 pm

Programs: Many, slipping beneath the horizon
San Francisco Marriotts...

Originally Posted by SLO1K
The Parc 55 on Market and 5th is probably the best Renaissance Hotel - SLO1K
Several Christmases ago, my wife and I decided to spend the Christmas Season in San Francisco, with our daughter and son in law coming up from LA, while another daughter traveled separately from Texas. We flew Christmas Eve afternoon - AAwards tickets, and were using Marriott certs for 4 days for 3 rooms. Arriving at the Parc 55, they offered us instead a large 2BR & parlor on the concierge floor, apologetic that the lounge would not be open over the weekend, in exchange for 2 of the certs, a real bargain. The hotel was "lightly occupied", but the City does not shut down for Christmas as much of Chinatown and its dim sum joints were open.

I don't know of a better way to spend Christmas away from home and the Parc 55 was more than good. Best of all was the location, convenient to all modes of transport (even the inconvenient - cheapest way to humor my wife who realized that we'd need two cabs - multi-modal hop from the airport, now better, BART only, I think).

TMO
Old Apr 9, 2006, 2:25 pm

Programs: AA-EXP 2MM, Marriott-PP/LT P, Avis-PC
Stanford Court..... Reviews anyone? SFO

I was thinking moving from the San Francisco Marriott to the Stanford Court on an upcoming trip. Does anyone have any reviews? The price is the same. Do they have a club floor?
Old Apr 9, 2006, 2:48 pm

Programs: MR LTT, BA Gold, AA LTP, UA Silver
Yes, you should be able to find some reviews here.
Old Apr 9, 2006, 4:45 pm

Programs: AA, AB, AC, AD, AE, AF, AG... you get the picture
stayed there for my "mini-moon" last year... the hotel was old-world nice, especially when they upgraded us to a corner room, high floor (which certainly cut down on the sound of pots and pans being beaten by the hotel workers protesting at the Fairmont and the Intercontinental next door! )

It's certainly no JW or super-modern luxury suite, but the atmosphere was nice and the staff were great...
Old Apr 11, 2006, 5:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
My head spins after reading for half and hour opinions about Parc 55, Marriott, and Stanford Court on FT. There doesn't seem to be a clear winner among these three.

Some seems to like Stanford court because of the old European charm and some dislike it exactly the same reason.

Parc 55 is nice but more of a business hotel and some reported that the lounge is no longer open during the weekend. The location of the hotel is also somewhat dicey.

Marriott on the other hand seems to give good upgrades to elites but due to its enormous size is impersonal.

How can you make a decision between these three?
Old Apr 11, 2006, 5:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
How about making the decision based on price? That's what I do. Parc 55 is generally the cheapest of the three you mentioned, and the open lounge on weekends was an attraction (but that seems to be over). The Marriott is my favorite when the prices are all the same. I have been treated very well there, impersonal or not.

Bruce
Old Apr 11, 2006, 6:01 am

Programs: AA EXP/2MM/AC; UA Silver; AS; DL; Marriott LTT; National Car Elite
What about the one on Fisherman's Wharf? I stayed @ Parc 55 last year, and just thought I would try a different location so I booked Fisherman's Wharf for an upcoming trip next month.
Old Apr 11, 2006, 6:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
In my experience, the Fisherman's Wharf Marriott is hideously overpriced and not a nice facility. Even the location has a better reputation than it deserves, in my opinion.

Bruce
Old Apr 11, 2006, 6:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Originally Posted by bdschobel
How about making the decision based on price? That's what I do. Parc 55 is generally the cheapest of the three you mentioned, and the open lounge on weekends was an attraction (but that seems to be over). The Marriott is my favorite when the prices are all the same. I have been treated very well there, impersonal or not.
My goal was to throw in an EEO and a PP over a three night stay and thus the price is almost identical among these properties.
Old Apr 11, 2006, 12:46 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by bdschobel
In my experience, the Fisherman's Wharf Marriott is hideously overpriced and not a nice facility. Even the location has a better reputation than it deserves, in my opinion.

Bruce
I must respectfully disagree on all counts. I have stayed at the Parc, Moscone and Wharf many times. Each has its strengths. The Wharf is typically more expensive but certainly not "hideously" so (look for an A.P. rate). The "facility" is not opulent but is very nice and comfortable. The staff is friendly and I frequently get upgraded to a Junior Suite. When traveling with my partner for pleasure, we prefer its coupons to the Moscone's lounge access. The location (and the area) is charming and great for couples. When I stay at the Wharf, unlike the Moscone, I don't have to worry about dodging convention-goers.

The reputation the Wharf has; it deserves.

Clearly, YMMV.

Last edited by dayone; Apr 11, 2006 at 12:57 pm Reason: Clarity
Old Apr 11, 2006, 12:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Well, obviously people must like the place or it wouldn't be a Category 7 Marriott! I've stayed there and just wasn't that impressed. But no real complaints, except about price.

Bruce

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.