Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in San Francisco

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 9, 2018, 7:13 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: wcj1
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.

Below is a list of hotels Marriott has listed for San Francisco. Where there is a specific "Master" threads for a hotel, the name is a link to that thread:

Luxury:
St Regis San Francisco
Ritz Carlton San Francisco

Full Service:
W Hotel San Francisco
JW Marriott Union Square San Francisco
San Francisco Marriott Union Square
San Francisco Marriott Marquis
San Francisco Marriott Fisherman's Wharf
Marriott SoMA Mission Bay [San Francisco]
[GONE] Park Central (was Westin Market Street) San Francisco (rebranded as Hyatt)
Westin St. Francis, San Francisco
Westin SFO San Francisco Airport
Palace Hotel, San Francisco
Le Meridien Hotel San Francisco
San Francisco Proper, Design Hotel
Adagio Hotel, Autograph Collection (San Francisco, CA)
[GONE] Sheraton Fisherman's Wharf, San Francisco (re-branded as Riu Plaza San Francisco Fisherman's Wharf as of 12NOV19 - see post 134 in thread)
AC Hotel San Francisco Airport/Oyster Point Waterfront

Limited Service:
Courtyard San Francisco Downtown/Van Ness Ave
Courtyard San Francisco Union Square
Courtyard San Francisco Airport/Oyster Point Waterfront
Courtyard San Francisco Fisherman's Wharf
Courtyard San Francisco Downtown
Four Points by Sheraton SFO San Francisco Airport
aloft San Francisco Airport (Millbrae) SFO

Extended Stay:
Residence Inn San Francisco Airport/Oyster Point Waterfront

Timeshare:
Marriott Vacation Club Pulse, San Francisco

Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in San Francisco

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3, 2006, 4:37 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium (former PP), Hilton Silver, UA Silver, AS Member, Hertz 5*
One or two bottles of water and a piece of fruit per person should not be a problem. There is a big difference between that and walking out with half a case of water and several pounds of fruit.
Old Jul 3, 2006, 4:42 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by keeton
Then you better call property beforehand for a clarification on their C-L policies. You could certainly sneak out >a< bottle of water without being challenged, but when I asked the concierge on duty why they started such a policy, she said that people were coming in and filling up purses, backpacks and even shopping bags with drinks and snacks. I guess it got pretty bad.
I just stayed at the Parc again last week. I've switched from the Moscone due to a better client rate.

The best I can tell, the "open weekends" policy is gonzo. Closes at noon on Friday. They have added several tasteful signs asking that the all food be consumed in the lounge. Bottled water and fresh fruit are plentiful and apparently exempt.

Personally, I don't mind the eat-in-lounge restriction. I can verify the earlier reports of vast abuse, especially by families. It's a pet peeve of mine so maybe I notice it more that the average Joe. I have seen backpacks filled with soda along Ziploc bags and even Tupperware used to "load up" on the free grub. My "favorite" sights are the late evening adolescent assaults on the desserts, typically unsupervised.

This is all kind of interesting to me because I saw similar food attacks at the Moscone lounge but not quite as frequent and certainly not as extensive. Maybe it's a San Francisco vacation thing.
Old Jul 6, 2006, 8:54 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL Plat, US Chairman, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IC RA
Originally Posted by LPCJr
1) Must have a c-lounge (I know the Parc 55 does, and it sounds as though the JW does, am I correct?).

2) Location - want to be near Union Square, and convenient to cable cars so we can do the usual "touristy stuff."

3) I'm going to be doing several one-day car rentals from the Hertz on Mason street, which I know is walkable from the Parc 55, I'd also want it to be walkable from the JW.
1. The JW does have a lounge, but like the Parc 55, it's not open on weekends.

2) The Parc right off Union Square (Tenderloi side). The JW is 2 blocks up.

3) The JW is almost directly across the street from Hertz. I haven't walked it from the Parc, but it's about 3-4 blocks.

The rooms at the JW are also larger, and they have Bose Wave radios with an aux jack (if you have RCA adapters for your iPod, it sounds magnificent). Also, the JW has a separate bathtub & shower in each room, if such things matter to you. Finally, the JW is MUCH quieter than the Parc - it's like sleeping in a vault. I've had some bad experiences with noisy neighbors at the P55.

Hope that helps.
Old Jul 14, 2006, 12:23 pm

Programs: UA Gold, MR Plat (life gold), SPG Gold
Originally Posted by LPCJr
My wife and I have a 5-night stay (on points) booked at the Parc 55 in August. For the heck of it, I decided to see if the new JW had any award availability during the same dates, and they do.

Based on everything I've read, the Parc 55 seems like a very solid property, and so I'm hesitant to go and switch, but I'm curious as to whether anyone can offer an opinion as to whether the JW would be superior to the Parc 55.

Important considerations:

1) Must have a c-lounge (I know the Parc 55 does, and it sounds as though the JW does, am I correct?).

2) Location - want to be near Union Square, and convenient to cable cars so we can do the usual "touristy stuff."

3) I'm going to be doing several one-day car rentals from the Hertz on Mason street, which I know is walkable from the Parc 55, I'd also want it to be walkable from the JW.

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer!
I think you already have a few of these answers, but here is another one...

The hotel is at the corner of post and mason, so close to hertz. There is a lounge -- however kind of small. Staff is friendly at the lounge, and they had a few nice options for breakfast (including scrambled eggs). I thought the sign for the lounge showed weekend hours, however I do not recall specifically.

I think depending on the specific room, views can vary from some with bay views to others that stair onto roofs and airconditioning. They gave me a nice 1 bedroom suite on the 17th floor yesterday -- with peeks of the bay, but also a nice SF skyline.

My companies preferred hotel in the city is the Four Seasons, but I would stay at the JW again -- as status makes a big difference.

Word from the front desk is that the lounge may be moving from it's current position on the 3rd floor to the top with a view. That will be a welcomed change.
Old Jul 15, 2006, 8:05 am

Programs: AA-EXP 2MM, Marriott-PP/LT P, Avis-PC
New JW In SFO

Anyone stay here yet? I am headed there on Aug 31.
Old Jul 15, 2006, 8:19 am

Programs: UA Gold MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott Plat LT, HH Gold, IHG Plat, WoH Discvst, Hertz PC
Just a clarification: The new JW is in SF (as in San Fran, The City), 14 miles from SFO (the airport). It is not in SFO, per se.

Have not visited it yet. Sorry I don't have any info.

Adendum: Great location, but note that while parking in general is expensive in that area, it is outrageous at most downtown hotels (e.g. $42/day + tax, I believe).
Old Jul 15, 2006, 8:38 am

Programs: AA, Delta, United, SPG plat, Hyatt dia
Discussed in this thread http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=316796 -just a few posts down.I am not usually a "do a search"kinda guy-but come on now
Old Jul 15, 2006, 8:44 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum/UAPremier Gold/IC Platinum
Originally Posted by Ambassador
Anyone stay here yet? I am headed there on Aug 31.
Have not stayed there so please write your opinion if you do! But wanted to tell you that I got a great rate for this month at Marriott Renaissance ($152) using AAA. The location is great near Union Square.
Old Jul 24, 2006, 9:14 pm

Programs: Marriott Silver, Hilton Silver, Hertz #1 Gold, Avis Preferred
Jw

Anyone have an update on the JW? Have they done work there to "Marriotize" it?

I've read that the small tv's are a detriment...have they been improved?

Any particular rooms I should ask for---I'd really like a view, for instance.
Old Jul 24, 2006, 10:38 pm

Location: STL, MO-US and A , SWA A-List, Marriott LTTE, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by MFLetou
Anyone have an update on the JW? Have they done work there to "Marriotize" it?

I've read that the small tv's are a detriment...have they been improved?

Any particular rooms I should ask for---I'd really like a view, for instance.
I was there 6/22-6/23 and my room appeared to be unchanged, no sign of constuction either.

The TV was still the smaller flat panel but I could see it fine (I'm 20/20 though)
Old Jul 25, 2006, 7:44 am

How was it overall?

Especially compared to the other Marriott choices?
Old Jul 25, 2006, 8:36 am

Sfo Jw

How was it overall?

Especially compared to the other Marriott choices?
Room was larger than average FS Marriott. Nice comfy bed, black laquer furniture, large bathroom with seperate jacuzzi tub/walk-in shower. Overall appearance of room was fresh, looked fairly new. Lobby/resteraunt/bar area/ C-lounge is on the third floor and is pretty nice.

You wouldn't guess you were in a JW from the lobby perspective but pretty nice overall. I haven't stayed at any other FS Marriotts in SFO but I don't think you would be disappointed with the JW. Can't beat the location either.
Old Jul 25, 2006, 8:59 am

Thanks for the update--good to know.

Is there any view from higher floors?
Old Jul 25, 2006, 12:45 pm

Thanks for the update--good to know.

Is there any view from higher floors?
I was on the 17th floor but facing west. All that I saw were rooftops and the tip of one of the golden gate bridge towers. But at least I didn't look at the side of another building.

The rooms are arranged in a square similar to an embassy suites with an open atrium on the inside. I think if you request a high floor with an east facing room, you may have a decent view. Looks like the north rooms face another building. I believe there were 21 floors.

Be prepared to spend some $$$, overnight valet parking was $48.00 and a glass of wine in the C-lounge was $8 or $9. Then again, we are talking about San Fran.
Old Aug 1, 2006, 6:53 pm

JW Marriott SF stay

Stayed here recently for our wedding anniversary, and wanted to give our 2 cents:

Parking:
- Avoided the costly on-site parking, opting instead for nearby Union Square garage, about 1 block away ($25/day).

Checkin/checkout:
- Painless check-in on 3rd Floor lobby. Arrived Thu, used EEO for Fri night with no problem.
- Bottle of merlot sent to our room with a "happy anniversary" message from the front desk, though forgot the cheese plate that was promised with the wine (no biggie, as the lounge had similar cheese offerings).
- Express checkout was a breeze; video checkout gave me the option to receive my bill via email.

Room:
- We stayed on the 17th floor in an "Executive King" room, facing west with a view of City Hall and some nearby hotels.
- Looking at the floor plans, the largest rooms on each floor appear to be xx06 / xx07. Still, couldn't complain about our room, which larger than your average FS Marriott.
- Pillow-top king bed w/ white comforter.
- Windows are single-paned, though street noise is muffled this high up.
- Separate tub and shower areas a nice touch, with marble tiles / vanity. Small TV by the vanity; handy to keep entertained while soaking in the tub.
- Furniture a little outdated, TV/minibar cabinet shows signs of age. Also remnants of Pan Pacific decor here and there.
- Amenities in the room include 2 bottles of Fiji water, 2 waffle-style bathrobes, and the usual assortment of toiletries.

Services:
- Didn't get to use any of the internet services ($12.95 for WFB, $9.95 for WiFi in the lobby, $0.49/min for business center access) to comment.
- Fitness center on the 5th floor, well-equipped.
- Courtesy car service (didn't use) for travel within 2-square mile area of hotel.
- Concierge was helpful with meal recommendations, although the dim sum place (Yank Sing) was a bit pricey.

Concierge lounge:
- Nice lounge tucked in the SW corner of the lobby; with a cold fridge of sodas/juice/water.
- Fri morning breakfast is similar to that served in the main restaurant buffet: eggs, sausage, bacon + continental fare.
- Lounge was closed for the weekend starting Fri noon, but we were still able to access it for drinks.
- Received PLT/GLD coupons for appetizers and breakfast in the restaurant for Fri night/Sat morning.

Surrounding area:
- We were able to cover Union Square, Moscone Center on foot, as well as a healthy walk to Asian Art Museum.

All in all a great stay, and would return for a future visit.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.