Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in San Francisco

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 9, 2018, 7:13 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: wcj1
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.

Below is a list of hotels Marriott has listed for San Francisco. Where there is a specific "Master" threads for a hotel, the name is a link to that thread:

Luxury:
St Regis San Francisco
Ritz Carlton San Francisco

Full Service:
W Hotel San Francisco
JW Marriott Union Square San Francisco
San Francisco Marriott Union Square
San Francisco Marriott Marquis
San Francisco Marriott Fisherman's Wharf
Marriott SoMA Mission Bay [San Francisco]
[GONE] Park Central (was Westin Market Street) San Francisco (rebranded as Hyatt)
Westin St. Francis, San Francisco
Westin SFO San Francisco Airport
Palace Hotel, San Francisco
Le Meridien Hotel San Francisco
San Francisco Proper, Design Hotel
Adagio Hotel, Autograph Collection (San Francisco, CA)
[GONE] Sheraton Fisherman's Wharf, San Francisco (re-branded as Riu Plaza San Francisco Fisherman's Wharf as of 12NOV19 - see post 134 in thread)
AC Hotel San Francisco Airport/Oyster Point Waterfront

Limited Service:
Courtyard San Francisco Downtown/Van Ness Ave
Courtyard San Francisco Union Square
Courtyard San Francisco Airport/Oyster Point Waterfront
Courtyard San Francisco Fisherman's Wharf
Courtyard San Francisco Downtown
Four Points by Sheraton SFO San Francisco Airport
aloft San Francisco Airport (Millbrae) SFO

Extended Stay:
Residence Inn San Francisco Airport/Oyster Point Waterfront

Timeshare:
Marriott Vacation Club Pulse, San Francisco

Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in San Francisco

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2010, 7:03 am

Thanks!
Old Jan 6, 2010, 7:37 am

Programs: AA Platinum, National Emerald Executive, Hertz 5 *, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Kalboz
According to MR tier benefits chart Golds get lounge access. Was this location specific?
When I went I was still Silver Elite. I asked about lounge access but they said it would cost me $100 a night or something like that. I was using MR points for the stay as well.
Old Jan 6, 2010, 12:10 pm

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
JW. Period. The regular rooms are a little small, but I've gotten great UGs there twice to the Pacific Suite, if I remember the name correctly. Great location but a block or two away from greater noise. The people are awesome. The CL is very nice.
Old Jan 6, 2010, 12:47 pm

Programs: AA EXP, *wood Plat, Marriott Plat
I agree. I have stayed at both and loved the JW. The lounge is great and the staff was incredible.

The Union Square one I didn't get the best service (or good service for that matter).
Old Jan 7, 2010, 10:43 am

Thanks! thats what I was thinking. Its booked other parts can pay the less rate at the Marriott
Old Jan 7, 2010, 1:03 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

The JW. Not even close.
Old Jan 7, 2010, 2:56 pm

Programs: MR Gold, IHG Gold AMB
Sorry for hijacking the thread - but how is Marquis San Francisco compared to these two? I have a similar decision to make choosing from 3 Marriotts in SFO.
Old Jan 8, 2010, 6:38 am

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Originally Posted by elva
Sorry for hijacking the thread - but how is Marquis San Francisco compared to these two? I have a similar decision to make choosing from 3 Marriotts in SFO.
Easy. JW. Throw Stanford Court and CY into the mix and it's still JW.

Not the best JW in the chain, and all five hotels are very good, but the JW just seems to be the best option to me.

SC - on top of hill so you have to walk up/down everytime you go anywhere. Plus the room door is directly into the room, as opposed to having the bathroom and a hallway between the bed and the hallway noise.

CY - Way at the bottom of the hill, across the street, very close to the bridge. Other than the location, this is a great lower-cost alternative. Nicer than the average CY and a hair easier to get in and out of the city if you're driving.

Marquis - Convention hotel. Not what I want in an SF experience. Big hotel. At the bottom of the hill and on the wrong side of Market from much of what makes SF fun.

My opinion. Others may differ, be equally valid and jive more with your personal tastes and preferences: I prefer the JW.
Old Jan 9, 2010, 7:42 am

Programs: DL SkyMiles, MR, HH, ICH/PC, Avis Pref., Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by CJKatl
Marquis - Convention hotel. Not what I want in an SF experience. Big hotel. At the bottom of the hill and on the wrong side of Market from much of what makes SF fun.
I agree that the Marquis is a big ol' business hotel and with my last stay 3 months ago, I was neither impressed or disappointed with the amenities. I could see how the JW might be better in this respect.

The location, IMO, is the best. It is right on Market and is closest to BART/Muni so it is easiest to get to the neighborhoods which is what really makes SF fun.

If you get a room on an upper floor, you will be treated to some simply jaw-dropping views which I don't think you will get from the Union Square properties.
Old Jan 16, 2010, 3:24 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Tit; Hyatt Explorist; Hilton CC Gold; IHG CC Plt; Hertz (MR) 5 star
I'm staying at the JW next Sunday night (first time). Any parking recommendations? Cheap is good; free is better. Several blocks walking's OK. $45/nite is a bit more than I'd like to pay considering I'll have a rental car.
Old Jan 16, 2010, 3:34 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, United LT Silver
Originally Posted by iflyjetz
I'm staying at the JW next Sunday night (first time). Any parking recommendations? Cheap is good; free is better. Several blocks walking's OK. $45/nite is a bit more than I'd like to pay considering I'll have a rental car.
Do you need the car at night? There are rental counters right around the corner. Can rent day by day and return each evening. I do this when staying in Chicago. There is a Budget one block from the Blackstone.. just pick up a car each day I need one. And, found tha the rates are often lower than renting from the airport.
Old Jan 16, 2010, 6:49 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Tit; Hyatt Explorist; Hilton CC Gold; IHG CC Plt; Hertz (MR) 5 star
I'm flying in out of SFO, but spending a few days in Sonoma and Napa prior to the night at the JW. I could do two one way rentals but I don't think it'd be cheaper than shelling out $45. But there has to be cheaper parking in the area.
Old Jan 16, 2010, 8:00 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, United LT Silver
Originally Posted by iflyjetz
I'm flying in out of SFO, but spending a few days in Sonoma and Napa prior to the night at the JW. I could do two one way rentals but I don't think it'd be cheaper than shelling out $45. But there has to be cheaper parking in the area.
Try this site: http://www.gottapark.com/
Old Jan 16, 2010, 8:39 pm

Puddy, awesome website; thanks much!
$23 for a garage .002 miles away from the hotel. $13.80 for a garage .71 miles away. I'll probably go with $23; definitely cheaper than $45.
Old Jan 17, 2010, 2:58 am

Programs: MR Gold, IHG Gold AMB
JW, Marquis, Ren Stanford Court – is lounge open (or breakfast coupons given to golds) on weekends? Any recent experience?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.