Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in San Francisco

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 9, 2018, 7:13 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: wcj1
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.

Below is a list of hotels Marriott has listed for San Francisco. Where there is a specific "Master" threads for a hotel, the name is a link to that thread:

Luxury:
St Regis San Francisco
Ritz Carlton San Francisco

Full Service:
W Hotel San Francisco
JW Marriott Union Square San Francisco
San Francisco Marriott Union Square
San Francisco Marriott Marquis
San Francisco Marriott Fisherman's Wharf
Marriott SoMA Mission Bay [San Francisco]
[GONE] Park Central (was Westin Market Street) San Francisco (rebranded as Hyatt)
Westin St. Francis, San Francisco
Westin SFO San Francisco Airport
Palace Hotel, San Francisco
Le Meridien Hotel San Francisco
San Francisco Proper, Design Hotel
Adagio Hotel, Autograph Collection (San Francisco, CA)
[GONE] Sheraton Fisherman's Wharf, San Francisco (re-branded as Riu Plaza San Francisco Fisherman's Wharf as of 12NOV19 - see post 134 in thread)
AC Hotel San Francisco Airport/Oyster Point Waterfront

Limited Service:
Courtyard San Francisco Downtown/Van Ness Ave
Courtyard San Francisco Union Square
Courtyard San Francisco Airport/Oyster Point Waterfront
Courtyard San Francisco Fisherman's Wharf
Courtyard San Francisco Downtown
Four Points by Sheraton SFO San Francisco Airport
aloft San Francisco Airport (Millbrae) SFO

Extended Stay:
Residence Inn San Francisco Airport/Oyster Point Waterfront

Timeshare:
Marriott Vacation Club Pulse, San Francisco

Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in San Francisco

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2010, 5:16 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM
I just checked-in at the Marriott Marquis. I had to stay here because my wife's company event is being held at this hotel this evening. Usually I stay at the Hyatt at Embarcadero.

I'd like to know the consultant who advised Marriott to shut down in-room dining between the hours of 11:00am and 5:00pm. I don't expect 24 hour room service, but my expectation for a "full-service" hotel is the ability to order room service continuously between the hours of 6:00am and 10:00pm. For a hotel this large, I'm shocked that they would shut down room service during lunch hours.

I checked-in at around 2:00pm. When I selected my platinum welcome amenity of cheese and wine, I was informed that the amenity could not be delivered until 5:00pm because room service was closed

I really dreaded upon hearing from my wife that her company's holiday party was going to be held at this hotel. Last year, the party was held at the Hyatt at Embarcadero. As a Hyatt GP diamond, I get free access to the very nice Regency Club lounge which is open on the weekends where continental breakfast buffet, an awesome evening hors d'oeurvre spread, and desserts are served. Does Marriott really think that business travellers don't stay at hotels on weekends and expect similar amenities on the weekend? Does Marriott think I don't appreciate breakfast on weekends?

As a newly minted platinum, I'm overall very disappointed with the Marriott brand. I plan on letting my Marriott platinum status lapse into gold for 2012 but definitely maintain diamond with Hyatt.
Old Dec 11, 2010, 6:21 pm

miserable at the Marquis

I just called in-room dining and asked for a bucket of ice. They told me that would cost $10. Wow.

I wonder if that's $10 plus the 16% service charge and a $4 delivey fee as indicated on the room service menu
Old Dec 12, 2010, 4:39 am

Programs: Delta GM, (fmr US CP/PP/GP!), DL SkyClub, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Avis Chairman's Club
oops!

Last edited by USirritated; Dec 12, 2010 at 4:41 am Reason: wrong Marquis
Old Dec 12, 2010, 6:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by francophile
I just called in-room dining and asked for a bucket of ice. They told me that would cost $10. Wow.

I wonder if that's $10 plus the 16% service charge and a $4 delivery fee as indicated on the room service menu
They've got to be kidding! I hope there's some place to get ice for free.

Bruce
Old Dec 13, 2010, 1:13 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by bdschobel
They've got to be kidding! I hope there's some place to get ice for free.

Bruce
Or if push comes to shove, find a gas station/grocery store and get it for $.99
Old Dec 13, 2010, 8:45 pm

Programs: DL SkyMiles, MR, HH, ICH/PC, Avis Pref., Hertz Gold

I wonder if that's $10 plus the 16% service charge and a $4 delivey fee as indicated on the room service menu
Uh, aren't ice and vending machines on almost every floor at the SF Marquis? Why would you have to call room service?
Old Dec 14, 2010, 12:39 am

Originally Posted by keeton
Uh, aren't ice and vending machines on almost every floor at the SF Marquis? Why would you have to call room service?
We were having some friends over in our suite and we needed an extra ice bucket to chill the wine.

I don't think what I asked for what out of the ordinary from a so-called "full-service" hotel. I certainly don't expect to be charged for it.

By the way, I did confirm that the extra ice bucket was $10 plus the 16% service charge, local tax, and a $4 delivery fee as indicated on the room service menu.

So over $16 for an ice bucket.

I would be curious to find out what this property charges for things like an extra blanket, extra towels, or extra pillow.
Old Dec 15, 2010, 1:32 pm

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold

So over $16 for an ice bucket.
Wow. Not to mention parking fee.
Old Dec 15, 2010, 2:52 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Delta Kryptonium Medallion, National Executive
Originally Posted by CMK10
Or if push comes to shove, find a gas station/grocery store and get it for $.99
A bag of ice for $.99? In San Francisco?! You'd be lucky to get a cup of ice for that price.
Old Dec 15, 2010, 6:37 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Marriott Gold, Everything else: Dirt
Just got a LNF rate at the JW for mid Feb. of $136+ tax. The matched rate was on skoosh.com Between the free gold upgrade (HSBC) and the 10% gift card bonus, I was pretty excited, as it comes out to around $575 with tax for the 4 nights, plus lounge access, plus hopefully an upgrade. Looking forward to the stay!
Old Dec 15, 2010, 9:10 pm

Programs: DL SkyMiles, MR, HH, ICH/PC, Avis Pref., Hertz Gold
I don't think what I asked for what out of the ordinary from a so-called "full-service" hotel. I certainly don't expect to be charged for it.
"Full-service" doesn't mean free service.

I would be curious to find out what this property charges for things like an extra blanket, extra towels, or extra pillow.
Those would come from housekeeping rather than room service. Different policies would apply. The housekeeper would expect a tip, however.

I bet if you had called housekeeping for an extra ice bucket, you would have gotten one for free (plus tip). You could have filled it yourself.
Old Jan 19, 2011, 10:58 pm

Programs: DL gold, Marriott Platinum, UA silver
No mentions of the JW's bathtub. Do all the rooms have separate tubs? That is the reason I am considering it for the weekend. Otherwise will look at the others. Though the Stanford Court location is a little hilly for me.
Old Jan 20, 2011, 4:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
Originally Posted by AZ_MISMAN
Very true. I found California facing rooms to be more bothersome than Powell facing rooms, for some odd reason.
It could be that the Fairmont Hotel building on the other side of California Street traps/reflects the sound.
Old Jan 21, 2011, 1:39 am

Programs: AMEX PLT, AA PPro, Spire AMB
Originally Posted by flsunshineflyer
No mentions of the JW's bathtub. Do all the rooms have separate tubs? That is the reason I am considering it for the weekend. Otherwise will look at the others. Though the Stanford Court location is a little hilly for me.
Separate tub and shower - in every room.

Expect a studio upgrade (larger guest room), very spacious but not a suite. Multiple stays, but never ever got a suite
Old Feb 6, 2011, 12:35 pm

Programs: LH HON*****, AF/KL Gold; HHilton Diamond; Marriott Gold; IHG Platinium; Avis PresClub
Which Marriott Brand Hotel in San Francisco ?

I am going to travel to San Francisco in June. Which of the City Center Marriott Brand Hotels is the best one or has the best price - value ratio? The
JW Marriott or the San Francisco Marriott Marquis or the San Francisco Marriott Union Square or the or the The Stanford Court Renaissance San Francisco Hotel or one of the others?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.