Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in San Francisco

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 9, 2018, 7:13 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: wcj1
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.

Below is a list of hotels Marriott has listed for San Francisco. Where there is a specific "Master" threads for a hotel, the name is a link to that thread:

Luxury:
St Regis San Francisco
Ritz Carlton San Francisco

Full Service:
W Hotel San Francisco
JW Marriott Union Square San Francisco
San Francisco Marriott Union Square
San Francisco Marriott Marquis
San Francisco Marriott Fisherman's Wharf
Marriott SoMA Mission Bay [San Francisco]
[GONE] Park Central (was Westin Market Street) San Francisco (rebranded as Hyatt)
Westin St. Francis, San Francisco
Westin SFO San Francisco Airport
Palace Hotel, San Francisco
Le Meridien Hotel San Francisco
San Francisco Proper, Design Hotel
Adagio Hotel, Autograph Collection (San Francisco, CA)
[GONE] Sheraton Fisherman's Wharf, San Francisco (re-branded as Riu Plaza San Francisco Fisherman's Wharf as of 12NOV19 - see post 134 in thread)
AC Hotel San Francisco Airport/Oyster Point Waterfront

Limited Service:
Courtyard San Francisco Downtown/Van Ness Ave
Courtyard San Francisco Union Square
Courtyard San Francisco Airport/Oyster Point Waterfront
Courtyard San Francisco Fisherman's Wharf
Courtyard San Francisco Downtown
Four Points by Sheraton SFO San Francisco Airport
aloft San Francisco Airport (Millbrae) SFO

Extended Stay:
Residence Inn San Francisco Airport/Oyster Point Waterfront

Timeshare:
Marriott Vacation Club Pulse, San Francisco

Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in San Francisco

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8, 2023, 9:16 pm

What’s the breakfast benefit for titanium members @ the W?
Old Mar 23, 2024, 6:59 pm

Programs: BD, DL, UA, AA, Marriott, SPG
I'm a Titanium and travelling for leisure. Any suggestions between the following hotels based on upgrades and breakfast. I can use NUAs as well.

1. Marriott Union Square
2. Westin St. Francis
​​​3. Marriott Marquis

I am using some free night awards and all 3 can be booked using the certs.

Thanks!
Old Mar 23, 2024, 10:32 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by piyush
I'm a Titanium and travelling for leisure. Any suggestions between the following hotels based on upgrades and breakfast. I can use NUAs as well.

1. Marriott Union Square
2. Westin St. Francis
​​​3. Marriott Marquis

I am using some free night awards and all 3 can be booked using the certs.
St. Francis for breakfast. Use an upgrade award for a suite. The other two are lounges. Marquis is a horrible property with about a poor a breakfast as you'll get at any Marriott.
piyush and ElevatorEnthusiast like this.
Old Mar 24, 2024, 8:20 am

Originally Posted by Kacee
St. Francis for breakfast. Use an upgrade award for a suite. The other two are lounges. Marquis is a horrible property with about a poor a breakfast as you'll get at any Marriott.
Thanks!
Old Mar 24, 2024, 8:41 am

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
piyush +1 to the recommendation by Kacee. St Francis has the most generous breakfast currently for all Plat+ tiers, but room types are very diverse between Landmark and Tower buildings. Marriott Union Square is a good hotel where I have always been treated well (just like St. Francis always treats me well). The lounge breakfast during the week is good quality with hot offerings, but they gave me the full restaurant buffet on my last weekday stay (think this is exclusive to AMB).

I would consider St Francis or MUS before the MM.
SPN Lifer and piyush like this.
Old Mar 24, 2024, 9:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
What is the current breakfast situation at the StF? I walked through the hotel (or the part one could still walk through) and things are a construction mess, including what appears to be a rearrangement of dining options, and a temporary relocation of the Clock Bar.
Old Mar 24, 2024, 9:03 am

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
What is the current breakfast situation at the StF? I walked through the hotel (or the part one could still walk through) and things are a construction mess, including what appears to be a rearrangement of dining options, and a temporary relocation of the Clock Bar.
As of two weeks ago, it's the same buffet that was in the Landmark Oak Room, but hosted in a meeting salon next to the Tower elevators. They are adding a Club Lounge in the Landmark building on the ground floor next to the elevators - unclear how that will affect breakfast offerings as club access should be separate from welcome gift choice.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Mar 24, 2024, 11:11 pm

Thank you! I will choose between the St Francis and Marriott Union Square.

Originally Posted by ElevatorEnthusiast
piyush +1 to the recommendation by Kacee. St Francis has the most generous breakfast currently for all Plat+ tiers, but room types are very diverse between Landmark and Tower buildings. Marriott Union Square is a good hotel where I have always been treated well (just like St. Francis always treats me well). The lounge breakfast during the week is good quality with hot offerings, but they gave me the full restaurant buffet on my last weekday stay (think this is exclusive to AMB).

I would consider St Francis or MUS before the MM.
Old Mar 31, 2024, 11:18 am

Programs: B6 M4, AA Plat Pro, WoH Globalist, IHG Diamond Amb, MB Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
2 nights, all in prices after taxes and fees
HR SoMa $400
GH SF $370
JW $331
Westin $353
Palace $400

What are you picking?
Old Mar 31, 2024, 11:29 am

Originally Posted by lowkeyflyer
HR SoMa $400
GH SF $370
JW $331
Westin $353
Palace $400

What are you picking?
Either Westin or HR SoMA. Probably Westin for the price difference.
Old Mar 31, 2024, 11:32 am

Programs: B6 M4, AA Plat Pro, WoH Globalist, IHG Diamond Amb, MB Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Huh really. I would've totally thought Palace.
Old Mar 31, 2024, 3:24 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
HR SoMa $400
GH SF $370
JW $331
Westin $353
Palace $400

What are you picking?
I'd narrow to these two also. Haven't stayed at the JW though. Not a fan of the GH SF.

For me, the price difference would be if breakfast & lounge + potential suite upgrade (I've had good luck there) is worth it at HR.

Huh really. I would've totally thought Palace.
Maybe if Plat+, with breakfast partially covered ($10 upcharge to buffet), but still wouldn't be obvious choice for me.
Old Mar 31, 2024, 3:36 pm

Originally Posted by econ
I'd narrow to these two also. Haven't stayed at the JW though. Not a fan of the GH SF.

For me, the price difference would be if breakfast & lounge + potential suite upgrade (I've had good luck there) is worth it at HR.

Maybe if Plat+, with breakfast partially covered ($10 upcharge to buffet), but still wouldn't be obvious choice for me.
JW and GH are both nothing to write home about - both are poor examples of their brands. As you mention, Palace doesn't offer full breakfast, and I find the low-rise aspect makes the rooms kind of dark. I have consistently had great experiences at St Francis, but the Hyatt SoMA does have a very good breakfast by American standards. I prefer the rooms and beds at St. Francis, though.
Old Mar 31, 2024, 10:33 pm

JW and GH are both nothing to write home about - both are poor examples of their brands. As you mention, Palace doesn't offer full breakfast, and I find the low-rise aspect makes the rooms kind of dark. I have consistently had great experiences at St Francis, but the Hyatt SoMA does have a very good breakfast by American standards. I prefer the rooms and beds at St. Francis, though.
Would you say the Westin rooms are better than the Palace?
Old Apr 1, 2024, 5:10 am

Would you say the Westin rooms are better than the Palace?
I can only compare the dark courtyard view shoebox room I received at the Palace to the suites I get at the Westin, so yes, I like the Westin better. Others who have experienced suites at the Palace might have other thoughts.
SPN Lifer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.