Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in San Francisco

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 9, 2018, 7:13 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: wcj1
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.

Below is a list of hotels Marriott has listed for San Francisco. Where there is a specific "Master" threads for a hotel, the name is a link to that thread:

Luxury:
St Regis San Francisco
Ritz Carlton San Francisco

Full Service:
W Hotel San Francisco
JW Marriott Union Square San Francisco
San Francisco Marriott Union Square
San Francisco Marriott Marquis
San Francisco Marriott Fisherman's Wharf
Marriott SoMA Mission Bay [San Francisco]
[GONE] Park Central (was Westin Market Street) San Francisco (rebranded as Hyatt)
Westin St. Francis, San Francisco
Westin SFO San Francisco Airport
Palace Hotel, San Francisco
Le Meridien Hotel San Francisco
San Francisco Proper, Design Hotel
Adagio Hotel, Autograph Collection (San Francisco, CA)
[GONE] Sheraton Fisherman's Wharf, San Francisco (re-branded as Riu Plaza San Francisco Fisherman's Wharf as of 12NOV19 - see post 134 in thread)
AC Hotel San Francisco Airport/Oyster Point Waterfront

Limited Service:
Courtyard San Francisco Downtown/Van Ness Ave
Courtyard San Francisco Union Square
Courtyard San Francisco Airport/Oyster Point Waterfront
Courtyard San Francisco Fisherman's Wharf
Courtyard San Francisco Downtown
Four Points by Sheraton SFO San Francisco Airport
aloft San Francisco Airport (Millbrae) SFO

Extended Stay:
Residence Inn San Francisco Airport/Oyster Point Waterfront

Timeshare:
Marriott Vacation Club Pulse, San Francisco

Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in San Francisco

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2023, 1:22 pm

Programs: UA 1K, TK E+, AS MVPG, SPG&Marriott Plat, HHD, Hertz PC
It’s sad that in a major US city Bonvoy doesn’t have a “top” hotel.
Old Mar 6, 2023, 1:28 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, American Gold, JetBlue Mosaic 4, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond,
Originally Posted by mdbe
I think most would consider St. Regis the luxury option in San Francisco. Ritz Carlton too.

In contrast:

Hilton - no Conrad, Waldorf Astoria, etc
Hyatt - No Park Hyatt, Andaz, etc.

My best hotel experience in San Francisco was Four Seasons Embarcadero (back under prior names). Among Marriott stays, I liked Palace and Le Meridien. Hyatt Regency is my work / ferry terminal hotel. For convention stays, Marriott Marquis or Parc 55. For boutique, I like Hotel Zetta. I'm there a lot
SPN Lifer and Polytonic like this.
Old Mar 6, 2023, 1:30 pm

Programs: UA 1K, TK E+, AS MVPG, SPG&Marriott Plat, HHD, Hertz PC
Tried both before actually. ritz was aging fast and the vibe i got from St regis was indifference. Hard product was there but soft really bad.
Old Mar 6, 2023, 2:01 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
It's overall a crappy hotel city. There was so much demand pre-pandemic that ownership acquired bad habits, and then demand dropped so precipitously during the pandemic they're still all looking to cut costs to the bone.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Mar 7, 2023, 10:17 am

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador, HH G, BR Diamond/*G, BAEC Gold, Hertz PC
Tried both before actually. ritz was aging fast and the vibe i got from St regis was indifference. Hard product was there but soft really bad.
Ya, the service level at the STR was terrible when I stayed there last year. Not worth the money at all, nor up to the brand to be frank. Recommend avoiding it.
Old Mar 12, 2023, 2:23 pm

I’m looking at quick trip in April - JW executive lounge remains closed, $25 resort fee and bad reviews in Bonvoy app sending me to St Francis, Palace or maybe Adagio? Thanks for the thread.
Old Mar 12, 2023, 3:29 pm

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by gator91
I’m looking at quick trip in April - JW executive lounge remains closed, $25 resort fee and bad reviews in Bonvoy app sending me to St Francis, Palace or maybe Adagio? Thanks for the thread.
Palace is pretty good for an American hotel. Breakfast benefit is a bit stingy but the room you eat in sort of makes up for it. Good location and I liked the suite that I got with my SNAs. Late checkout given.
Old Mar 12, 2023, 11:09 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Palace has a more BART convenient location and nicer public spaces. St. Francis has a much better breakfast and is in the heart of Union Square. Both are tight with upgrades and will tend to default to a Grand Deluxe unless you push for something better (which they may or may not give). I don't find the base rooms at either property particularly appealing, though the upgraded room at St. Francis should have a view if it's in the tower.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Mar 13, 2023, 9:48 am

Palace is 100x better than Adagio if the rates are even remotely similar. Better facility, better location, literally everything is better. They're not even remotely comprable, search upthread for my comments on Adagio, it's not a bad property necessarily, just a pretty dismal location and just a somewhat... OK property in general.

caveat: I haven't been there since before covid.
Radiation Station likes this.
Old Mar 13, 2023, 11:47 am

Programs: MB Titanium, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb, UA Silver
I like the Palace better than the Ritz. The Ritz didn't offer much with its higher price. Plus, the Palace has Japanese toilets with the buttons and bidet in their rooms which is kind of amusing considering the historical significance.
Old Mar 13, 2023, 6:14 pm

The St Francis has a new GM - coming from the Palace - and he is bringing back the glitz and service.
KingCanute likes this.
Old Mar 13, 2023, 9:12 pm

Originally Posted by Dan Weber
The St Francis has a new GM - coming from the Palace - and he is bringing back the glitz and service.
News sounds hopeful - looks like he’ll also be in charge of ops at the area properties long panned here:
Clif Clark has been appointed General Manager Area General Manager of San Francisco at The Westin St. Francis San Francisco on Union Square

He will also be responsible for directing operations for five additional Marriott properties located in San Francisco including Marriott Marquis, W San Francisco, JW Marriott, The Clancy, and Marriott Union Square.
Old Mar 14, 2023, 3:32 am

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Originally Posted by Tajador
I like the Palace better than the Ritz. The Ritz didn't offer much with its higher price. Plus, the Palace has Japanese toilets with the buttons and bidet in their rooms which is kind of amusing considering the historical significance.
The reason the Palace has Japanese toilets is that the property is owned by Kyo-Ya, a Japanese company, that also owns the Sheraton Maui as well as the four legacy Starwood properties on Waikiki (SW, RH, MS, and PK).
Old Mar 14, 2023, 9:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by ntamayo
News sounds hopeful - looks like he’ll also be in charge of ops at the area properties long panned here:
Clif Clark has been appointed General Manager Area General Manager of San Francisco at The Westin St. Francis San Francisco on Union Square

He will also be responsible for directing operations for five additional Marriott properties located in San Francisco including Marriott Marquis, W San Francisco, JW Marriott, The Clancy, and Marriott Union Square.
That's a whole bunch of properties that need operations direction. Unless he can find managers who will focus on service, he's doomed.

David
Old Mar 17, 2023, 4:27 am

Titanium Elite with wife and kid

I'm doing a roadtrip with my Wife and our 3 year old daughter. Spending 1 night in San Francisco and trying to figure out the best option for us. I've been to SF a number of times but first time for Wife and Daughter. I'm Titanium with Bonvoy and have a number of suite nights left.
For me Breakfast is probably the highest priority. Lounge would be nice for when daughter gets cravings, and since I have a Suite Nights left it would be nice to get a decent upgrade.
I always stayed around union square before and I liked it but with a kid I want to be able to walk around in the evening without too much nuisance.

So here is what I have been considering so far

Marriott Union Square - Really good price for our date, the destination fee isn't an issue as both the tram tickets and $25 would be used. Staying Sunday to Monday so from what I understand at least basic breakfast would be served in the lounge?
W - Location is probably not optimal for family but only one night. Managed to get a cheap rate of $190 and some sort of breakfast should be included through bonvoy. And hopefully possible to get a suite upgrade as well.
Marriott Fisherman's Wharf - Feels like this location is probably better when visiting with a kid. However barely any titanium perks and the destination fee seems completely useless.
Marriott Courtyard Fisherman's Wharf- Cheaper than the Marriott, higher ratings and no destination fee. Also we at least get $20 Food & Beverage here.

Saw people recommending the Palace Hotel. Price is actually not to bad for our dates. Would this be a better option than the ones above?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.