Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in San Francisco

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 9, 2018, 7:13 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: wcj1
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.

Below is a list of hotels Marriott has listed for San Francisco. Where there is a specific "Master" threads for a hotel, the name is a link to that thread:

Luxury:
St Regis San Francisco
Ritz Carlton San Francisco

Full Service:
W Hotel San Francisco
JW Marriott Union Square San Francisco
San Francisco Marriott Union Square
San Francisco Marriott Marquis
San Francisco Marriott Fisherman's Wharf
Marriott SoMA Mission Bay [San Francisco]
[GONE] Park Central (was Westin Market Street) San Francisco (rebranded as Hyatt)
Westin St. Francis, San Francisco
Westin SFO San Francisco Airport
Palace Hotel, San Francisco
Le Meridien Hotel San Francisco
San Francisco Proper, Design Hotel
Adagio Hotel, Autograph Collection (San Francisco, CA)
[GONE] Sheraton Fisherman's Wharf, San Francisco (re-branded as Riu Plaza San Francisco Fisherman's Wharf as of 12NOV19 - see post 134 in thread)
AC Hotel San Francisco Airport/Oyster Point Waterfront

Limited Service:
Courtyard San Francisco Downtown/Van Ness Ave
Courtyard San Francisco Union Square
Courtyard San Francisco Airport/Oyster Point Waterfront
Courtyard San Francisco Fisherman's Wharf
Courtyard San Francisco Downtown
Four Points by Sheraton SFO San Francisco Airport
aloft San Francisco Airport (Millbrae) SFO

Extended Stay:
Residence Inn San Francisco Airport/Oyster Point Waterfront

Timeshare:
Marriott Vacation Club Pulse, San Francisco

Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in San Francisco

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8, 2021, 7:12 am

Location: Manhattan, Palm Beach Island, San Francisco, Boston, & Hong Kong
Programs: Lifetime United Global Services, Delta Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador, & Hilton Diamond
SF is in a sad state these days. Many restaurants have closed permanently and many people have seemingly left the city permanently as well. The city also recently lost its position as the most expensive real estate market to NYC. A shame.

Mission district is doing great from an entertainment point of view. The best restaurants have survived and still command huge waitlists. However, it is much more unpleasant (almost downtown LA vibes).

Walked around the gorgeous lobby of the Palace Hotel and activity there seemed great. I saw a lot of people checking into the hotel and there were quite a few sitting under the atrium too (not sure if that’s a restaurant?). The St. Regis SF was less busy but still had guests semi-frequently coming in and out of the hotel.

Union Square and the core shopping district east of it are doing great. RealReal was packed. Saks was also pretty full. Not sure why but there was a line to get into Tiffany’s on multiple occasions.
Old Jan 13, 2022, 6:59 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, National Exec Elite, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Discoverist
Weekday stay in a couple of weeks, Union Square-ish area for business. Looking at JW, Westin St. Francis, or Palace. This will be a long day, and I want to make sure I can get a real breakfast in the morning. From the "What to Expect" COVID pages for each hotel, it looks like JW has a restaurant open for breakfast, Palace is grab and go, and Westin St. Francis is kind of unclear. Plus the "What to Expect" pages have not always been up to date in my experience. Any real world weekday breakfast dining experience in the past month at these hotels?
Old Jan 13, 2022, 7:52 pm

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Originally Posted by wm47
Weekday stay in a couple of weeks, Union Square-ish area for business. Looking at JW, Westin St. Francis, or Palace. This will be a long day, and I want to make sure I can get a real breakfast in the morning. From the "What to Expect" COVID pages for each hotel, it looks like JW has a restaurant open for breakfast, Palace is grab and go, and Westin St. Francis is kind of unclear. Plus the "What to Expect" pages have not always been up to date in my experience. Any real world weekday breakfast dining experience in the past month at these hotels?
A few months ago - but the St. Francis was a buffet breakfast in restaurant on Sat and Sunday (that I didn't get to try) and a market breakfast during the week (that wasn't too bad).
Old Jan 13, 2022, 8:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by wm47
I was at the Palace end of October and they had the full breakfast available in the atrium. Not sure if things have changed due to Omicron but as of October it was a decent spread.
Old Jan 16, 2022, 1:03 pm

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
I'm wondering if anyone can recommend a hotel with a nice deep bathtub at a reasonable price. I really like the tub at Le Meridien Bangkok. I found this guide, The best San Francisco hotels with hot tubs in the room, but most of their recommendations involve booking the most expensive suite at the hotel.

FWIW I've tried the St. Regis and their description of "every room and suite in this luxury hotel has deep, oversized soaking tubs" is misleading. The tub was somewhat deep, but because the shower was in line with the bathtub it was not very long.
Old Mar 2, 2022, 9:57 am

Programs: Alaska, Bonvoy, Hyatt
Moscone Center: Clancy, W, RC?

I'm going to be at a conference in March (!!) and need to pick a hotel. StR would be the one, but it's not in my corp travel budget. I have 3 choices:

- RC (.6 mi)
- Clancy (.25mi)
- W (.006 mi)

I've stayed at the JW and Palace, want something new. I've stayed at the W before but... it's super convenient to the Moscone.

A /little/ worried about the RC distance to Moscone - prevents ducking back into room for a break, or whatever... I think Clancy is a good compromise.

I'm Titanium Elite, so likelihood of upgrade is a factor. Would like a good cup of coffee for breakfast. A decent gym for some weights. Am concerned a little about crime, but I'm a former New Yorker who lived uptown so, it's more of a consideration than a deterrent.
Old Mar 2, 2022, 10:23 am

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Originally Posted by tripmaster
I'm going to be at a conference in March (!!) and need to pick a hotel. StR would be the one, but it's not in my corp travel budget. I have 3 choices:

- RC (.6 mi)
- Clancy (.25mi)
- W (.006 mi)

I've stayed at the JW and Palace, want something new. I've stayed at the W before but... it's super convenient to the Moscone.

A /little/ worried about the RC distance to Moscone - prevents ducking back into room for a break, or whatever... I think Clancy is a good compromise.

I'm Titanium Elite, so likelihood of upgrade is a factor. Would like a good cup of coffee for breakfast. A decent gym for some weights. Am concerned a little about crime, but I'm a former New Yorker who lived uptown so, it's more of a consideration than a deterrent.
Crime is going to be the worst SW of Moscone down Mission and Market - I have never walked the Clancy's block but would imagine it wouldn't be too bad. Personally, Union Square itself and up Nob Hill is totally safe for walking. The RC is obviously up a large hill - personally, if the RC was within your budget and not at the top of your cap, I would pick it (especially since it sounds like you don't care about breakfast) as the walking would help me feel less pudgy after eating on-the-go food.
SPN Lifer and tripmaster like this.
Old Mar 2, 2022, 11:39 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by tripmaster

- RC (.6 mi)
- Clancy (.25mi)
- W (.006 mi)

I wouldn't worry about crime, the issue in that area is more about unpleasantness than actual risk.

I'd order as 1) W; 2) Clancy; 3) RC. W for me wins on convenience. IME they will upgrade to the cool corner if it's available; it's a nice room (if you're okay with the W style). They have a decent gym. Clancy is obviously farther and the area itself is a bit dead. Though they do have a nice outdoors courtyard. They don't have any pics of the gym on their website, which can be a warning sign. RC is a bit of a hike from Moscone, especially with the climb.
tripmaster and nexus7556 like this.
Old Mar 2, 2022, 2:09 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott AMB, Hyatt Globalist
The Clancy was recently renovated (and rebranded from a Courtyard), so I would expect the rooms to be fresh. The lobby / courtyard are nice, and agree with Kacee that there's nothing of interest in the direct area.

I was very underwhelmed with a stay at the RC back in early December. Lobby was noisy and chaotic, room was pretty barebones, F&B was really limited in selection and hours (and of course hugely overpriced), then there was a planned building alarm in the middle of the day. Granted, maybe I was just very unlucky, but it was not a luxury experience, and definitely does not come close to the St. Regis.

The W is probably the best choice, but I would stay at the Clancy just to check it out since it's new.

EDIT: Almost forgot, the RC also had to turn the power off during my stay and the locks on my door were broken (unrelated to the power issue).

Last edited by windowtothewall; Mar 2, 2022 at 2:16 pm
Old Mar 2, 2022, 8:24 pm

Programs: Alaska, Bonvoy, Hyatt
As I waited, the W sold out! Clancy it is, I dont feel like walking up a hill a few times a day. :-)
Kacee and windowtothewall like this.
Old Mar 13, 2022, 4:34 pm

Programs: Alaska, Bonvoy, HH
I've been experimenting in the tender"nob" area recently and only this moment realized that Adagio (which I do like, to be clear) is cat 7 while the Westin (and the Marriott actually) are only 6, which seems very strange to me.
Old Apr 14, 2022, 4:49 pm

Programs: UA Plat
Looking for a hotel in SF that has good platinum benefits besides the ST Regis which is out of my budget. Last time I stayed at the Clancy (free drink + breakfast sandwich per guest) and the Palace ($30/guest for breakfast thought I'm not sure if this was due to status or booking with AMEX FHR). Any other hotels that offer a lounge or a good breakfast?
Old Apr 14, 2022, 7:59 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium; WN A-list; UA Silver
Originally Posted by godbreath
Looking for a hotel in SF that has good platinum benefits besides the ST Regis which is out of my budget. Last time I stayed at the Clancy (free drink + breakfast sandwich per guest) and the Palace ($30/guest for breakfast thought I'm not sure if this was due to status or booking with AMEX FHR). Any other hotels that offer a lounge or a good breakfast?
Adagio does a decent free made to order cooked breakfast for plat+.
Its not really on the level of the STR or the Palace, but the staff is great. The rooms are quirky because of it being an old, old hotel. I like it. I'm not sure how many upgradeable rooms they actually have, I think they're pretty limited.
AFAIK, the marriott marquis only has a pretty lame take out breakfast and never does upgrades as far as I can tell.
Old Apr 14, 2022, 9:31 pm

Programs: Alaska, Bonvoy, HH
I think I've said it before but I quite like the Adagio.
The larger rooms (not even suites) that you are darn near certain to get at this point as a plat+ are sneaky nice for the area and pricepoint. And I haven't even tried that breakfast perk lol
Old Apr 16, 2022, 7:11 am

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium; Mileage Plus 1K, 1 MM; Global Entry
We have an upcoming trip to San Francisco and are looking at the Marriott Union Square, Westin St Frances and Marquis. Any recent experiences with any of these? Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.