Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

AC Hotel San Francisco Airport/Oyster Point Waterfront [Master Thread]

Old Aug 8, 2017, 2:05 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium

Hotel website:

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/trave...nt-waterfront/

Cat 7. Opening September 2017.

"This beautiful hotel on the San Francisco Bay is all about modern architecture, with a wall of glass offering stunning views of the waterfront. Guestrooms are an oasis of design, featuring sleek furnishings, free WiFi, and the most comfortable bed you’ll sleep in besides your own. An indoor pool, fitness center, flexible meeting space and media salons are among the many amenities. AC Kitchen serves up a European-inspired breakfast, while lunch and dinner in the AC Lounge are flavored with Spanish flair. Karl the Fog cocktails highlight a bar menu focused on tapas.

Located in the Cove at Oyster Point, this brand-new hotel is convenient to everywhere – SFO airport is 5 minutes away via free shuttle; Caltrain and the San Francisco Bay Ferry are less than a mile. Proximity to a hub of biotech companies makes it ideal for business travelers, but this airport hotel is also adjacent to the San Francisco Bay Trail – and close to Pier 39, the Embarcadero, and Golden Gate Bridge -- so it’s for leisure, too."
Old Aug 8, 2017, 2:06 pm
Original Poster

Old Aug 9, 2017, 10:55 am

Programs: M/R AMBASSADOR/LT/TIT/UASILVER/AAGOLD
Looks nice, but close to Pier 39?
Old Aug 9, 2017, 11:18 am

Programs: AA EXP/2MM, SPG Lifetime Platinum, Marriott PLT, National Exec Elite
I agree.. you can either be by Pier 39 or 5 minutes from the airport... but not both.
Old Aug 14, 2017, 2:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Naw, this hotel is (will be) less than 4 miles from the car rental center and over 12 miles to Pier 39.

Some PR flack is smoking something, that's for sure.

David
Old May 3, 2018, 4:00 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Marriott Life Plat
A friend and I stayed here last weekend and I was quite happy with the property. In everything from the halls to the bar to the room to the bathroom, the design had a very European feel to it -- not surprising, and something I consider a positive. At least to me, all the interesting design elements were pleasing and seemed well thought out, unlike some of the less-pleasant choices I've seen in Courtyards and other recent Marriott designs. The rooms have laminate floors rather than carpets, but as someone with allergies to dust and the like I'm happy to have floors that are less prone to be full of dust, etc. We

As a Platinum we were given a water-view room that looked out on a manmade inlet, as well as points and a $10 hotel credit for food and beverage. The check-in staff seemed sincerely friendly and welcoming.

The biggest negative was the hotel shuttle, which didn't show up the morning we were trying to get back to the airport to catch our flight. Only after 30 minutes (and the third time we asked) were we told it was still going to be another 10 minutes and the hotel offered to reimburse us for an Uber to get to the airport. Fortunately we had gotten an early start so that was inconvenient but not stressful.

The only other real nit was that the front entrance has a tall wall of outdoor pivoting white wall segments that separate the drop-off area from the restaurant patio. The concept looks great, but covered with black dirty and airplane soot and marked up with fingerprints, they don't make the best first impression to the hotel. Someone needs to schedule them for a regularly-scheduled pressure wash.

And yes, I can confirm that this location is not "close to Pier 39, the Embarcadero, and Golden Gate Bridge" by any reasonable standard. On a Saturday late morning it took a good 40 minutes to get from the hotel to the waterfront / Fort Mason area.
Old May 4, 2018, 12:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Please shoot PR flacks when you stumble upon one...

Again, urban geography lesson - this hotel is nowhere near either Pier 39 or the Embarcadero:

Idiots.

David
Old May 4, 2018, 11:23 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by twa777
A friend and I stayed here last weekend and I was quite happy with the property. In everything from the halls to the bar to the room to the bathroom, the design had a very European feel to it -- not surprising, and something I consider a positive. At least to me, all the interesting design elements were pleasing and seemed well thought out, unlike some of the less-pleasant choices I've seen in Courtyards and other recent Marriott designs. The rooms have laminate floors rather than carpets, but as someone with allergies to dust and the like I'm happy to have floors that are less prone to be full of dust, etc. We

As a Platinum we were given a water-view room that looked out on a manmade inlet, as well as points and a $10 hotel credit for food and beverage. The check-in staff seemed sincerely friendly and welcoming.

The biggest negative was the hotel shuttle, which didn't show up the morning we were trying to get back to the airport to catch our flight. Only after 30 minutes (and the third time we asked) were we told it was still going to be another 10 minutes and the hotel offered to reimburse us for an Uber to get to the airport. Fortunately we had gotten an early start so that was inconvenient but not stressful.

The only other real nit was that the front entrance has a tall wall of outdoor pivoting white wall segments that separate the drop-off area from the restaurant patio. The concept looks great, but covered with black dirty and airplane soot and marked up with fingerprints, they don't make the best first impression to the hotel. Someone needs to schedule them for a regularly-scheduled pressure wash.

And yes, I can confirm that this location is not "close to Pier 39, the Embarcadero, and Golden Gate Bridge" by any reasonable standard. On a Saturday late morning it took a good 40 minutes to get from the hotel to the waterfront / Fort Mason area.
Thanks for the trip report. Much appreciated.

Cheers.
Old May 4, 2018, 11:52 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Mosaic
Any issues with AC? Read a TA review about stale/warm room, but TA is very ymmv. Will it get the room nice and cold?
Old May 5, 2018, 4:19 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Marriott Life Plat
Originally Posted by pWei
Any issues with AC? Read a TA review about stale/warm room, but TA is very ymmv. Will it get the room nice and cold?
We had no problem with the temperature, though the weather outside barely got up to 60 so they AC didn't need to work very hard to keep things cool.

One possibility -- the room has a "master power" switch, a bit like hotels often do in Europe. It's possible that that switch turns off the AC too, and someone using that to turn off the lights for the night might have inadvertently turned off the AC too and left themselves with a stuffy room.
Old Mar 27, 2021, 12:33 am

I have stayed at this property, and the Courtyard and Res Inn also in Oyster Point. BUT I just noticed that the Courtyard and Res Inn there are now Sonestas and not in the Marriott family. So that is a bit of a bummer. Anyone know what happened there?
Old Mar 27, 2021, 12:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by md80only
I have stayed at this property, and the Courtyard and Res Inn also in Oyster Point. BUT I just noticed that the Courtyard and Res Inn there are now Sonestas and not in the Marriott family. So that is a bit of a bummer. Anyone know what happened there?
Service Trust fired Marriott:

Service Trust terminates Marriott management agreement : 122 hotels to leave

Getting back to this property, I'd still like an opportunity to stay here - perhaps next time my connection to LAX through SFO doesn't work and I need to do an overnight nearby.

David
md80only likes this.
Old Jul 19, 2023, 8:13 pm

Had a recent stay here before an early flight. I'm a big fan of the AC properties, this one seemed to be a slight downgrade in quality compared to other Bay Area locations that I have stayed at. Self-parking ($18+ tax) was easy, although they seemed to have limited spaces. Dinner quality was so/so, but convenient. Didn't get to try the breakfast since we left early. Room was in good condition, but the bathroom fixtures were a bit worn down. There was some "accident" on our floor near the room, the whole level had a pungent smell and a commercial fan/blower was running in the hallway trying to dry something up. Would stay again for an overnight if the price was right but would look for other options for a multiple night stay.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.