Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in San Francisco

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 9, 2018, 7:13 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: wcj1
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.

Below is a list of hotels Marriott has listed for San Francisco. Where there is a specific "Master" threads for a hotel, the name is a link to that thread:

Luxury:
St Regis San Francisco
Ritz Carlton San Francisco

Full Service:
W Hotel San Francisco
JW Marriott Union Square San Francisco
San Francisco Marriott Union Square
San Francisco Marriott Marquis
San Francisco Marriott Fisherman's Wharf
Marriott SoMA Mission Bay [San Francisco]
[GONE] Park Central (was Westin Market Street) San Francisco (rebranded as Hyatt)
Westin St. Francis, San Francisco
Westin SFO San Francisco Airport
Palace Hotel, San Francisco
Le Meridien Hotel San Francisco
San Francisco Proper, Design Hotel
Adagio Hotel, Autograph Collection (San Francisco, CA)
[GONE] Sheraton Fisherman's Wharf, San Francisco (re-branded as Riu Plaza San Francisco Fisherman's Wharf as of 12NOV19 - see post 134 in thread)
AC Hotel San Francisco Airport/Oyster Point Waterfront

Limited Service:
Courtyard San Francisco Downtown/Van Ness Ave
Courtyard San Francisco Union Square
Courtyard San Francisco Airport/Oyster Point Waterfront
Courtyard San Francisco Fisherman's Wharf
Courtyard San Francisco Downtown
Four Points by Sheraton SFO San Francisco Airport
aloft San Francisco Airport (Millbrae) SFO

Extended Stay:
Residence Inn San Francisco Airport/Oyster Point Waterfront

Timeshare:
Marriott Vacation Club Pulse, San Francisco

Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in San Francisco

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2007, 1:46 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Originally Posted by allset2travel
The search tool sucks this morning

Take a look at below for starter.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...t=family+hotel
thanks
Old Dec 14, 2007, 6:39 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
JW Marriott SF review

JW Marriott on the corner of Mason and Post

just started lobby and lower flow (common area) construction this week

I arrived this week as well

Room 1519, club lounge is 21st floor, no rooms exist on the 21st floor.

Room was a regular room with a King bed.. but I was happy with it. Separate bath and shower.

No ice machine on the floor but if you go into the service area on this floor they have a very large ice machine

turn down service comes by with ice and chocolate

Lounge is nice although the set up really doesn't allow for the maximum number of people to sit the way they have it laid out.

there is a PC in the lounge but printer didn't work

the food in the a.m. was eggs, sausage, bacon, and french toast each of my three mornings.. plus the typical cold stuff.. opens at 6:30 a.m.

at night, I never made it for the dinner/h'ordeurve piece so I can't say too much.. a fridge exists with sodas, water, juices and milk to get at any time

the gym was nice but after my first day it closed down and they gave us passes to Club One fitness next door.. this was a lousy gym though but the pass was good at any CO fitness so I walked to another one to use it and it was much better.

the lobby was on the first floor (as opposed to the 3rd) and the service was fantastic, these people were great and I would go back just due to the service.

I didn't park a car but I will say this, there were always a lot of people complaining about the time it took to get their cars

overall thumbs up.. great property
Old Dec 15, 2007, 3:55 pm

SF Marriott

We have never liked the SF DT Marriott, but most of the ill-will has to do with the valet parkers. They act they own the hotel, when in fact they are probably not even employees. We also found the lobby to be almost claustrophobic. We liked the new JW and the CY on Second Street. This is the only town where we actually prefer a Hilton.
Old Dec 20, 2007, 12:32 pm

Programs: NW Plat, AA EXP, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold
Thumbs up Stanford Court notes from November 2007

I was in SF for the Oracle conference in November 2007, and I brought my wife and 4-yr-old daughter with me to make a pseudo-mini-vacation out of the trip. Here are a few notes about my impression of the Stanford Court Renaissance during our 6-night stay.

First of all, we got really lucky with the weather -- Sunny and around 60-65 for the highs every day. First time I've had that long a string of sunny days on my stays in SF.

Upon arrival from SFO and check-in, they had me in a standard room. I requested an upgrade to a suite if available, and after a quick mgr-on-duty discussion, the request was granted (I am Plat Premier FWIW). The experience was mostly hassle-free, although having to ask for an upgrade is a little odd for me (I confess I'm spoiled ). The conference rate was about $340/night.

I asked where the lounge was, and they pointed to the (very classy) lobby bar. I explained that I meant the Concierge Lounge, or their equivalent, and the front desk staff stated that they didn't have one. Oh well, I thought, with the family in tow I wouldn't be making as much use of the Concierge lounge compared to trips alone.

The upgraded suite on the 2nd floor was as you'd expect from a classic (e.g. old) building. Room was smaller than a normal suite but nicely and conservatively appointed. The bed was great, and the sitting area with couch, chair, and coffee table was very comfy for snacking and watching TV. The suite was great with our daughter--it was just enough room for her not to feel so cooped up, and there was plenty of playspace on the carpet.

The bathroom area was aged, to put it politely. The tub/shower combo was tricky for a 6'4" guest, the closet was small for a 6-night family stay, and the single sink was a bit space-restricted for three unique sets of toiletries. Privacy could be a bit of an issue--there is a louvered pocket door separating the main area from the bathroom, and that's it.

Easily the best part about the hotel was location for the carless guest. Top of Nob Hill is a great place to base from, as two cable car lines intersect about 100 feet from the front door of the property. All walks are downhill, and Chinatown and Union Square are close enough that even our 4-year-old (or her mother ) didn't complain while walking back up to the hotel. While I was conferencing, the girls went out every day, and rarely had to resort to even a taxi. They were big fans of the location. I had no problems walking to and from Moscone (probably 10-15 blocks) most days. Hint: The hotel is next door to the Mark Hopkins--a helpful fact to know if you get unlucky with a cabbie who doesn't know the Stanford Court).

Food at the restaurant was acceptable, but not much more than that. The in-house diner (I can't recall the name) was very expensive for the quality. The room service was nothing spectacular. However, this didn't matter very much, as you SHOULD BE SHOT if you're eating in the hotel and not exploring the restaurants in SF, many of which are in walking distance. Furthermore, there is an OUTSTANDING pizza place only two blocks down called Uncle Vito's (which I found on Google Maps), which delivers its excellent pizza right to the hotel. In other words, the hotel food's mediocre, but it shouldn't matter to you too much.

The lobby lounge is nicely appointed and decorated, but having a few beers with colleagues can get expensive quickly. If you're not on an expense account, the lack of a concierge lounge will hit your wallet in the lobby lounge.

By and large, the staff was pleasant and knowledgeable. I saw how they treated my daughter from a distance, they were great without knowing I was watching. That counted for a lot in my book.

Parking is the standard $40-50 a night. Get a limo service from the airport if you can handle walking or public trans for moving about.

The room rate (again, $340/night) seemed pretty close to market for the location and timing of our stay (the Oracle conference stuffs the town full).

Overall, the Stanford Court's greatest asset is easily its location, while the lack of a concierge lounge is its worst feature for me. I would stay there again, although if I were traveling alone, the JW would probably get my next stay.

Hope this helps.
Old Dec 20, 2007, 8:18 pm

Programs: DL SkyMiles, MR, HH, ICH/PC, Avis Pref., Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by pletchm
I was in SF for the Oracle conference in November 2007, and I brought my wife and 4-yr-old daughter with me to make a pseudo-mini-vacation out of the trip. Here are a few notes about my impression of the Stanford Court Renaissance during our 6-night stay....
That was a very good and thorough review of the Stanford Court. It is interesting that you noticed all of the negatives that I did (no lounge, tired bathrooms etc.), yet you enjoyed your stay.

I had very much the opposite reaction to this property for those very same reasons.
Old Dec 21, 2007, 10:15 pm

Programs: NW Plat, AA EXP, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold
keeton,

The great location and the suite managed to trump the negatives for a stay with the wife and daughter. Traveling solo I would pick the JW, as the lounge alone would be a deciding factor.

Now if they would have kept us in a standard-sized room (which looked to be smaller than the average Marriott room), by the end of six days the wife and the little one would probably have forced a thumbs-down review from me.
Old Dec 28, 2007, 8:03 am

New Marriott for Downtown San Francisco

Marriott has taken over the old Holiday Inn Select/Crowne Plaza just off Union Square, and rebranded it 'Hotel 480' (the address is 480 Sutter Street). On the Marriott website, it says 'opening January 2009', and seems to be heading for ultimate rebranding as 'San Francisco Marriott Union Square'. IMHO they will need to do a LOT of work on this tired 30+ year old property before it's up to Marriott standards. Great location, but only two blocks from the newly converted JW, and three blocks from the Ren Stanford Court.

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/sfous-hotel-480/
Old Dec 28, 2007, 8:36 am

Programs: UA 1P, CO Plat, MR Plat, SPG Plat, US Dirt
$43 to park? shewwwwwwww
I'd hate to have to drive and park at this place
Old Dec 28, 2007, 8:47 am

Programs: UA 1K
JW San Francisco in February

Just booked the JW over the Marriot in SF for a weekend in February (similar rates). For a lowly silver like me, can I expect anything material for the stay?

Thanks in advance!
Old Dec 28, 2007, 9:47 am
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by sfpaul900
they will need to do a LOT of work on this tired 30+ year old property before it's up to Marriott standards.
A "LOT of work" is an understatement. It will need a restoration, not just a renovation.
Old Dec 28, 2007, 6:25 pm

Programs: * A
I stayed at the CP during the 2005 Holidays and it was not a total dump. The rooms were clean and were not in dire need of restoration. However, things can change in 2 years... but I am not sure what the "Marriott Standards" are as a lowly Silver in Marriott. From my experience of Marriotts, it probably will not need a total restoration. my $0.02. Good to have another Marriott at Union Square.
Old Dec 28, 2007, 7:03 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, United, SPG plat, Hyatt dia
"and three blocks from the Ren Stanford Court"
Those can be a lonnnnng three block if you are walking up the hill
Old Dec 28, 2007, 9:20 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by noirpepper
I stayed at the CP during the 2005 Holidays and it was not a total dump. The rooms were clean and were not in dire need of restoration. However, things can change in 2 years
How did you find the bathroom and the HVAC?
Old Dec 29, 2007, 10:20 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium (former PP), Hilton Silver, UA Silver, AS Member, Hertz 5*
In regards to the OP's comment about the closeness of Marriott hotels:

Marriott's FS properties in Downtown SF have always been close to each other. I think it is great that Marriott will have another property that will partly replace the former Renaissance Parc 55 (399 rooms vs the 1010 at the old Renaissance).

I am curious as to how long this conversion has been going on. I find it hard to believe that they can finish it in only a year.
Old Jan 7, 2008, 10:07 am

Programs: Marriott Plat Premier/LT Plat; SPG Plat/LT Gold; Hilton Gold; Hyatt Plat
SF Hotel - Which to choose?

San Francisco Marriott Fisherman's Wharf or Stanford Court, A Renaissance Hotel

Any comments? Do either have a club room for plat? Which is closer to things to do, nightlife?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.