Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in San Francisco

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 9, 2018, 7:13 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: wcj1
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.

Below is a list of hotels Marriott has listed for San Francisco. Where there is a specific "Master" threads for a hotel, the name is a link to that thread:

Luxury:
St Regis San Francisco
Ritz Carlton San Francisco

Full Service:
W Hotel San Francisco
JW Marriott Union Square San Francisco
San Francisco Marriott Union Square
San Francisco Marriott Marquis
San Francisco Marriott Fisherman's Wharf
Marriott SoMA Mission Bay [San Francisco]
[GONE] Park Central (was Westin Market Street) San Francisco (rebranded as Hyatt)
Westin St. Francis, San Francisco
Westin SFO San Francisco Airport
Palace Hotel, San Francisco
Le Meridien Hotel San Francisco
San Francisco Proper, Design Hotel
Adagio Hotel, Autograph Collection (San Francisco, CA)
[GONE] Sheraton Fisherman's Wharf, San Francisco (re-branded as Riu Plaza San Francisco Fisherman's Wharf as of 12NOV19 - see post 134 in thread)
AC Hotel San Francisco Airport/Oyster Point Waterfront

Limited Service:
Courtyard San Francisco Downtown/Van Ness Ave
Courtyard San Francisco Union Square
Courtyard San Francisco Airport/Oyster Point Waterfront
Courtyard San Francisco Fisherman's Wharf
Courtyard San Francisco Downtown
Four Points by Sheraton SFO San Francisco Airport
aloft San Francisco Airport (Millbrae) SFO

Extended Stay:
Residence Inn San Francisco Airport/Oyster Point Waterfront

Timeshare:
Marriott Vacation Club Pulse, San Francisco

Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in San Francisco

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2005, 3:49 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat 5MM, Lifetime Marriott Titanium Platinum Elite
This has been my hotel of choice in SF for a few years. Location is great and as a platinum I think my upgrade rate to a suite is probably 60%
Old Jul 28, 2005, 8:39 am

Programs: SK-EBD/*A Gold, BA Gold/OW Emerald, HH Gold, ChoiceHotels Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle, Sixt Plat,
Stayed there 10 days some time back. Not a MR member even, on honeymoon. We were upgraded to a large suite with access to the c-lounge. We had a wonderful time there!
Old Jul 28, 2005, 9:03 am

Programs: AA LT Gold, 1.5MM, Marriot
Is it as nice as the full-service Marriott? I've heard negative reviews of the Fisherman's Wharf property and am curious about the Parc 55.

GG
Old Jul 28, 2005, 9:41 am
RTG

Programs: SWA - DL - Diamond - 1MM, A List, Marriott - Plat - Lifetime, AmEx - Plat, AAA, Avis - Preferred
Originally Posted by GeoGirl
Is it as nice as the full-service Marriott? I've heard negative reviews of the Fisherman's Wharf property and am curious about the Parc 55.

GG
Can't speak for Parc 55 but as far as Fisherman's Wharf, forget about it, stay at the Stanford Court!
Old Jul 28, 2005, 9:45 am

Programs: AA LT Gold, 1.5MM, Marriot
Originally Posted by RTG
Can't speak for Parc 55 but as far as Fisherman's Wharf, forget about it, stay at the Stanford Court!
That seems to be a universal view, LOL.

GG
Old Jul 28, 2005, 10:00 am

Programs: DL SkyMiles, MR, HH, ICH/PC, Avis Pref., Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by GeoGirl

GG
I would say that both the Parc 55 and SF Marriott are on the same level of "niceness". I think the public areas of the Marriott are a bit nicer and the View Lounge is great, but the rooms should be equally comfortable.

It boils down to location and price. They are only a couple of long blocks from each other but if you have a convention at the Moscone Center, the Marriott would get the nod. If it is a more touristy visit, then the Parc 55 is better for transportation. If you are using points, then the Parc 55 is a category 5 hotel while the Marriott is a category 6.
Old Nov 22, 2005, 1:13 pm

Chiming in to add that if you stay at the Downtown location, a-x from Moscone Center, do not use the hotel parking (~$50).

Instead, use the 5th & Mission Garage, kitty-corner from the hotel. Daily rate is $22.
Old Nov 22, 2005, 7:49 pm

My family of 5 stayed at the Residence Inn at Oyster Point about a year ago. We drove to San Francisco and thought that we might have trouble staying in the city since we drove an SUV with a rocket box on the top and it might be too tall to get in to some parking garages. Besides, the parking was so expensive.

We really liked the Residence Inn and the location. They do not charge for parking. We did drive into the city and parked by Fisherman's Wharf and then took the cable cars to Union Square.
Old Dec 9, 2005, 11:13 am

Programs: Marriott, United
Stanford Court Renaissance

Does anyone have any experience at the Stanford Court: A Renaissance hotel in San Francisco? Any thoughts/comments would be appreciated. Thanks
Old Dec 9, 2005, 11:28 am

Welcome to FT!!

I searched this forum using Stanford Court and here are just a couple of the many threads that came up:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...Stanford+Court
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...Stanford+Court
Old Dec 9, 2005, 5:34 pm

Programs: AS-MM 75K, Marriott Plat Lifetime, SPG Plat Lifetime, HH Gold
Great location, very good service/staff. It is the old world charm kind of hotel.
The things I don't like about this hotel are
1. If you get a lower floor room facing the streetcars you will not be able to get a good sleep because the street cars run till late in the night and start early
2. The room doesn't cool down enough
3. If you have bags and take the bart it's a tough walk up/down the hill, it's good exercise though.

Personally I prefer Ren Parc 55, it's right outside the BART station and in the middle of all restaurants.
MagicLamp

Originally Posted by luv2travel066
Does anyone have any experience at the Stanford Court: A Renaissance hotel in San Francisco? Any thoughts/comments would be appreciated. Thanks
Old Dec 10, 2005, 5:47 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
I liked the Ren SC, but you definitely want to get a room facing the inner courtyard. The 'charm' of the streetcars fades fast late at night. My room cooled down fine. The Ren P55 is a good business hotel & close to stuff, but still a standard biz hotel. Depends on why you're in hotel for what you want, and how you're getting there. Cheers.
Old Dec 11, 2005, 11:28 am

Programs: Marriott, United
how is the club/conceirge lounge? anyone know if it is open on weekends??
Old Dec 11, 2005, 2:46 pm

Programs: SPEBSQSA
Originally Posted by luv2travel066
how is the club/conceirge lounge? anyone know if it is open on weekends??
There isn't one at the Stanford Court.
Old Dec 11, 2005, 7:40 pm

Stayed at the Stanford Court in September. Enjoyed the stay, the room service was good, and had no complaints. Great new beds.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.