Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in San Francisco

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 9, 2018, 7:13 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: wcj1
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.

Below is a list of hotels Marriott has listed for San Francisco. Where there is a specific "Master" threads for a hotel, the name is a link to that thread:

Luxury:
St Regis San Francisco
Ritz Carlton San Francisco

Full Service:
W Hotel San Francisco
JW Marriott Union Square San Francisco
San Francisco Marriott Union Square
San Francisco Marriott Marquis
San Francisco Marriott Fisherman's Wharf
Marriott SoMA Mission Bay [San Francisco]
[GONE] Park Central (was Westin Market Street) San Francisco (rebranded as Hyatt)
Westin St. Francis, San Francisco
Westin SFO San Francisco Airport
Palace Hotel, San Francisco
Le Meridien Hotel San Francisco
San Francisco Proper, Design Hotel
Adagio Hotel, Autograph Collection (San Francisco, CA)
[GONE] Sheraton Fisherman's Wharf, San Francisco (re-branded as Riu Plaza San Francisco Fisherman's Wharf as of 12NOV19 - see post 134 in thread)
AC Hotel San Francisco Airport/Oyster Point Waterfront

Limited Service:
Courtyard San Francisco Downtown/Van Ness Ave
Courtyard San Francisco Union Square
Courtyard San Francisco Airport/Oyster Point Waterfront
Courtyard San Francisco Fisherman's Wharf
Courtyard San Francisco Downtown
Four Points by Sheraton SFO San Francisco Airport
aloft San Francisco Airport (Millbrae) SFO

Extended Stay:
Residence Inn San Francisco Airport/Oyster Point Waterfront

Timeshare:
Marriott Vacation Club Pulse, San Francisco

Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in San Francisco

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2006, 12:12 pm

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
Marriott at Mascone - mini report

I had a less than good experience at this property last time, decided to give them one more chance (fact was, my wife had a convention here and wanted to stay nearby) by staying here Friday and Saturday nights. Besides, I had an EEO voucher to burn, which would expire on Aug 28.
Check in (Elite line) was efficient and quick. As Plat, I was offered standard gift; room upgrade to C floor, but decided to take one on 33rd fl with view of twin peak. Good decision. Comp beakfast vouchers were offered and accepted. Breakfast here was really great. It had wide selection of fresh fruits, cereals, pastries, smoked salmon, hot food and make-to-order omlette. As many know already, club lounge was closed on weekends.
Bedroom was large with king bed. Everything else looked pretty standard Marriott stuff. I think the rooms are due for renovation at this property.
To get online, I opted to go to Borders at Union Square where you have a selction of many WiFi networks, all free. Bought a couple of books about travel to Germany at this same time.
One dinner at Sear's Fine Food. Food was super as always; service was a bit on the hectic side. Other dinner at Sanrako Sushi, great too!
After this trip, we would return to this Marriotot Mascone.
Old Aug 28, 2006, 12:22 pm

Okay, here is a wierd pet peeve about the JW. The wall above the bathtub is mirrored. The bathtub is opposite the commode. When sitting on the throne, you look right at the mirror above the tub. I guarantee you, even Brad Pitt doesn't look good sitting there facing the mirror, and first thing in the morning, and I sure don't.
Old Sep 6, 2006, 2:24 pm

Programs: Marriott Silver, Hilton Silver, Hertz #1 Gold, Avis Preferred
I wasn't particularly impressed with the JW. Location was good. But, the property overall does seem a little tired...not bad, certainly, but nothing special. Not particularly luxurious. Bed was very uncomfortable. I liked the bathroom, plenty of space, but the rest of the room was ho-hum. Decent size. No view to speak of.

Valet service was horrible. Took forever getting car and kept losing the tags.
Old Sep 6, 2006, 10:20 pm

Location: STL, MO-US and A , SWA A-List, Marriott LTTE, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by MFLetou
I wasn't particularly impressed with the JW. Location was good. But, the property overall does seem a little tired...not bad, certainly, but nothing special. Not particularly luxurious. Bed was very uncomfortable. I liked the bathroom, plenty of space, but the rest of the room was ho-hum. Decent size. No view to speak of.

Valet service was horrible. Took forever getting car and kept losing the tags.
Agreed, average at best !

Then again, no SFO property really stands out!
Old Sep 7, 2006, 11:17 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, UAL Lifetime Gold
Stayed at the JW over the Labor Day Weekend. Generally nice but nothing real special. Stayed on the 19th floor (the view was great - looking southwest). When I checked in and asked if there were any upgrades available the registration person said "yes, I have a nice upgraded corner room for you". Come to find out, yes it was an upgrade from a standard room to the next level (I think called executive or deluxe), but in reality the upgrade was really to a room the size of a "standard" Courtyard Marriott - By the way, it was "towards" the corner but not the corner room (no big deal). What I do find interesting is the concept of "Plat Upgrades", with 140 nights so far this year and staying at a property that is well less than half full, whats wrong with giving me a "real nice room". Are they saving on the wear of the finer rooms !! Well, going on, the staff was polite, the property was clean, the location was great and overall I would give the property a soild B+/A-
Old Sep 8, 2006, 8:16 am

Programs: Marriott Silver, Hilton Silver, Hertz #1 Gold, Avis Preferred
I should have pushed the view issue I suppose since I specifically had asked for one. I didn't because we arrived at 1:30 am and my wife just wanted to sleep---and once we were settled in, its a hassle to move. We too got the "upgrade" to a "deluxe" room---it wasn't small, but not especially large either. About what you'd expect.

Of course, I was staying on a $130 government rate, so I can't really complain.
Old Sep 23, 2006, 11:19 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum/UAPremier Gold/IC Platinum
We are staying at the JW for Thanksgiving--2 nights. I've read this entire thread and wonder if more people have now stayed there and if there are more recommendations on what to ask for. I am just Silver Elite, but am wondering if we can get a corner room? Higher floor?
Old Sep 23, 2006, 2:34 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA PLT, SPG Platinum
SF hotels

On a trip to SF next weekend, I was forced to abandon my beloved Starwoods, as I couldn't find good rooms at my corp. rate (my rate was sold out all over). However, I found the Parc 55 for $145 at my rate (which I didn't even know we had at Marriott until I did some research). 1) Is this a nice hotel? 2) Is that a decent price for it?
Old Sep 23, 2006, 2:43 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum/UAPremier Gold/IC Platinum
Originally Posted by Fly AA J all the way
On a trip to SF next weekend, I was forced to abandon my beloved Starwoods, as I couldn't find good rooms at my corp. rate (my rate was sold out all over). However, I found the Parc 55 for $145 at my rate (which I didn't even know we had at Marriott until I did some research). 1) Is this a nice hotel? 2) Is that a decent price for it?
Parc 55 is a very nice business hotel (ask for a corner room). Your price is excellent--the lowest I've been able to get is $152 (AAA) rate. Parking is pricey around $48, I think or you can park at Union Square Parking for about half. It's right in Union Square close to all transportation if you didn't bring a car.
Old Sep 23, 2006, 7:07 pm

Programs: DL SkyMiles, MR, HH, ICH/PC, Avis Pref., Hertz Gold
For that price, if you don't have elite status with Marriott, you probably won't get a view room - which is a shame because the views from the upper floors are absolutely jaw-dropping. Woundn't hurt to ask when you check in, though!

My attraction to the property is not the rooms - which are OK - but the location, because it is convenient to just about anywhere in the city without a car. Just remember to go out the _front_ entrance to the Union Square side. The rear entrance will put you in the Tenderloin area, which is a skid row.

You can do a search in this forum for "Parc 55" for lots of other comments (including some of mine )
Old Sep 23, 2006, 8:34 pm

Programs: Marriott LTT, Amtrak Select, Hertz 5*, AA Gold, IHG Plat, National Exec
My wife and I stayed here last month and really enjoyed this property. Granted, we had a corner room with a view of the bay. But, overall, it's a solid property with a good staff. At that price, I think you have an excellent choice.
Old Sep 23, 2006, 8:39 pm

Programs: UA MileagePlus
Yes, great price. Less than I've paid for well negotiated conference rates before. Regardless of view, you're getting a nicely sized room for SF - larger than most others I've stayed in. I'd definitely stay at the Parc 55 again, for that, and the less touristy, "business" feel to the hotel as a previous poster mentioned.

Good score!
Old Oct 15, 2006, 12:29 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium (former PP), Hilton Silver, UA Silver, AS Member, Hertz 5*
I am going to be at the JW Marriott for 3 nights starting Sunday night. I got upgraded to an executive city view room, which seems to be the nicest room available outside of a suite.
Old Jun 20, 2007, 4:57 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL Plat, US Chairman, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IC RA
Anyone been back to the JW lately? I was told they would renovate fall '06, but I haven't been back since. Have the renovations occurred?

Thanks!
Old Jun 20, 2007, 8:58 pm

Programs: AA EXP, MR Plat, PC Plat, SPG Gold
SF Airport Marriott...

Is a really nice hotel with a great lounge. You can get a great weekend room rate that includes full breakfast downstairs, self parking and Internet access.

One of my favorite Marriott hotels...

ZakkW

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.