Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in San Francisco

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 9, 2018, 7:13 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: wcj1
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.

Below is a list of hotels Marriott has listed for San Francisco. Where there is a specific "Master" threads for a hotel, the name is a link to that thread:

Luxury:
St Regis San Francisco
Ritz Carlton San Francisco

Full Service:
W Hotel San Francisco
JW Marriott Union Square San Francisco
San Francisco Marriott Union Square
San Francisco Marriott Marquis
San Francisco Marriott Fisherman's Wharf
Marriott SoMA Mission Bay [San Francisco]
[GONE] Park Central (was Westin Market Street) San Francisco (rebranded as Hyatt)
Westin St. Francis, San Francisco
Westin SFO San Francisco Airport
Palace Hotel, San Francisco
Le Meridien Hotel San Francisco
San Francisco Proper, Design Hotel
Adagio Hotel, Autograph Collection (San Francisco, CA)
[GONE] Sheraton Fisherman's Wharf, San Francisco (re-branded as Riu Plaza San Francisco Fisherman's Wharf as of 12NOV19 - see post 134 in thread)
AC Hotel San Francisco Airport/Oyster Point Waterfront

Limited Service:
Courtyard San Francisco Downtown/Van Ness Ave
Courtyard San Francisco Union Square
Courtyard San Francisco Airport/Oyster Point Waterfront
Courtyard San Francisco Fisherman's Wharf
Courtyard San Francisco Downtown
Four Points by Sheraton SFO San Francisco Airport
aloft San Francisco Airport (Millbrae) SFO

Extended Stay:
Residence Inn San Francisco Airport/Oyster Point Waterfront

Timeshare:
Marriott Vacation Club Pulse, San Francisco

Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in San Francisco

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2021, 2:00 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by homegrowned
Anyone stay at the Clancy (autograph collection) in SF? Thoughts and experience? Anything for Plat elites?
cheers
I am here right now.

I needed 6pm checkout today, and the two Hyatts I called both wanted me to pay for an extra night. The Clancy mentioned a 6am-6pm rate that's apparently available at most Marriott properties, so I took that.

Check-in was... not the greatest. The staff were all having a meeting in the courtyard, and the "hotel operator" at the front desk can't do check-ins. So I had to wait 15 minutes, after being told 3.

However, I asked about a suite upgrade, and they gave me one. The room is great. One of the best I've had for a downtown property. Very spacious, huge couch, etc.

My rate got me $10 food credit, and I got 1000 points for being Titanium.
Old Feb 11, 2021, 9:44 pm

Programs: AC E50K, DL GM , Hyatt Glob.
Originally Posted by canadiancow
I am here right now.

I needed 6pm checkout today, and the two Hyatts I called both wanted me to pay for an extra night. The Clancy mentioned a 6am-6pm rate that's apparently available at most Marriott properties, so I took that.

Check-in was... not the greatest. The staff were all having a meeting in the courtyard, and the "hotel operator" at the front desk can't do check-ins. So I had to wait 15 minutes, after being told 3.

However, I asked about a suite upgrade, and they gave me one. The room is great. One of the best I've had for a downtown property. Very spacious, huge couch, etc.

My rate got me $10 food credit, and I got 1000 points for being Titanium.
appreciated the followup sir. Partially gave up on Marriott recently and ended up doing a couple of hyatts last year. Might still check this out next time I’m in your neck of the woods.
Old Apr 8, 2021, 4:06 pm

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Curious if anyone has stayed at the Clancy recently, as the reviews on Tripadvisor are not great.

for a summer trip, the Luminous rate at both the W and the Clancy is $169, though at the Clancy that includes a $100 credit.

Last edited by Adam1222; Apr 11, 2021 at 12:53 pm
Old Apr 26, 2021, 5:44 am

Programs: AA EXP BA Gold, TK Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AS 100K, QR PLT, SAS Gold, IHG Spire, AMR
I was looking at the Marriott Fisherman's Wharf for Nov 2021, but then this article popped up. How bad is the homeless situation in San Francisco? We are catching a flight out of SFO on Monday morning and really don't need to be in San Francisco. Maybe we will just stay south of the city and skip the city completely. Any suggestions?

https://www.bizjournals.com/sanfranc...-homeless.html
Old Apr 26, 2021, 5:57 am

Originally Posted by Deltahater
I was looking at the Marriott Fisherman's Wharf for Nov 2021, but then this article popped up. How bad is the homeless situation in San Francisco? We are catching a flight out of SFO on Monday morning and really don't need to be in San Francisco. Maybe we will just stay south of the city and skip the city completely. Any suggestions?

https://www.bizjournals.com/sanfranc...-homeless.html
That story was from five months ago, but San Francisco has long had issues between business/tourism industry and people experiencing homelessness. Is there a particular concern you have about people experiencing homelessness impacting your stay? If there are particular activities or restaurants you intend to visit, I can assure you that you will still be able to do so.
Old Apr 26, 2021, 8:07 am

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Deltahater
How bad is the homeless situation in San Francisco? We are catching a flight out of SFO on Monday morning and really don't need to be in San Francisco. Maybe we will just stay south of the city and skip the city completely. Any suggestions?
It's unpleasant. The degree of impact will depend on what you want to do. The waterfront (especially if you get OUT of the wharf) can still be enjoyed.

Little early to be worrying about where to stay in November IMO.
Originally Posted by Adam1222
That story was from five months ago, but San Francisco has long had issues between business/tourism industry and people experiencing homelessness.
The situation has gotten dramatically worse during the pandemic, especially downtown and south of market.
Deltahater likes this.
Old Apr 26, 2021, 8:45 am

Originally Posted by Kacee
It's unpleasant. The degree of impact will depend on what you want to do. The waterfront (especially if you get OUT of the wharf) can still be enjoyed.

The situation has gotten dramatically worse during the pandemic, especially downtown and south of market.
fair, though I do not expect a tourist staying in Fisherman's Wharf for one night was planning on hitting up the Tenderloin or SoMa!
​​​​​​
ExArkie likes this.
Old Apr 26, 2021, 8:52 am

Location: Manhattan, Palm Beach Island, San Francisco, Boston, & Hong Kong
Programs: Lifetime United Global Services, Delta Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador, & Hilton Diamond

Have things been recovering from peak pandemic or is it still pretty bad?
Old Apr 26, 2021, 9:30 am

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by WasKnown
Have things been recovering from peak pandemic or is it still pretty bad?
There's much more life on the streets in the neighborhoods with restaurants allowed to open and restrictions otherwise easing. The homeless problems remain, with Union Square and the financial district particularly hard hit. Most people I know are avoiding the city, though parts of the waterfront (Embarcadero and Crissy Field) are popular and still well worth visiting.
Old Apr 26, 2021, 10:35 am

Programs: Lifetime United Global Services, Delta Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador, & Hilton Diamond
There's much more life on the streets in the neighborhoods with restaurants allowed to open and restrictions otherwise easing. The homeless problems remain, with Union Square and the financial district particularly hard hit. Most people I know are avoiding the city, though parts of the waterfront (Embarcadero and Crissy Field) are popular and still well worth visiting.
Thanks. How is the Mission doing? Thinking about making a trip over to SF in late August.
Old May 7, 2021, 8:56 am

Programs: UA 1K & 1MM/AA Gold & 1MM/HH Gold/Marriott Titanium
Titanium member here looking to visit this July with my wife and two kids (17yo & 19yo) to see the city and be tourists for a few days. Was considering the JW Marriott, Palace or Marriott Marquis. Any thoughts? Want nice sized room, decent benefits (if any nowadays) for titanium level and access to attractions, happy to walk a bit or uber. Will also have SNAs to use. Thanks!
Old May 22, 2021, 6:41 pm

Any recent stays at the St. Regis San Francisco? I will be there after hitting Ambassador status for a leisure stay with my SO. Is it worth burning some SNAs to try to snag something? I see now that the only upgrade available is the Executive Premier which seems to just be an upgraded base room. How has the hotel fared during COVID?

Originally Posted by TWA Guy
Titanium member here looking to visit this July with my wife and two kids (17yo & 19yo) to see the city and be tourists for a few days. Was considering the JW Marriott, Palace or Marriott Marquis. Any thoughts? Want nice sized room, decent benefits (if any nowadays) for titanium level and access to attractions, happy to walk a bit or uber. Will also have SNAs to use. Thanks!
I stayed at both in 2018 (before the Marquis was renovated). The Marquis location was better for the things I wanted/needed to do (getting to South Park, enjoying bars like Dirty Habit) and the lounge was solid. The JW hotel seemed fine for what it was. Nothing special. I would just book the cheaper option of the two. You can find what facilities are open and what is being offered on the Marriott what to expect pages.
Old May 23, 2021, 3:56 am

Programs: BA GGL & GfL, AA LTP, Marriott (sigh) Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by TWA Guy

agree w the above. i find the JW very underwhelming. while i have no stayed at the maquis, i do regularly stay at the st regis or w and find staying in that zone/near the yerba buena center to be much more relaxing and in terms of getting around.
WasKnown likes this.
Old Jun 5, 2021, 2:01 pm

Programs: AC 50K | WS Gold | Bonvoy Titanium | Hilton Gold | Hyatt Globalist
Stayed at the Marriott Fisherman's Wharf in early May. Booked the base king room and did not get an upgrade as Titanium. No breakfast so just got 500 points in total. Location is really good; literally 2-3 blocks away from Fisherman's Wharf (which was still empty when I visited) and a quick 15-min bike ride away from Presidio. It's a lot sketchier than I remember it being, though, but still safer than mission district / union square imo. Hotel looks old from the outside but the inside was renovated. There's a very nice Brazilian cafe across the street called Cafe de Casa that had fun breakfast items (chicken puff, acai bowl, etc) that I would highly recommend.
Old Jul 3, 2021, 11:06 am

Reporting from the Marriott Union Square. Sole upgrade as a Platinum was to a higher floor, despite plenty of Junior Suite availability, but the room is well-sized and has a great view. Today was the first day they brought back the breakfast buffet, which was included for Platinums. Fairly small, but pastries, yogurt, eggs, potatoes, bacon, sausage, cereal, coffee and juice. Gym is fully open. Daily housekeeping
SPN Lifer and bsdstone like this.

Last edited by Adam1222; Jul 3, 2021 at 11:49 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.