Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in San Francisco

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 9, 2018, 7:13 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: wcj1
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.

Below is a list of hotels Marriott has listed for San Francisco. Where there is a specific "Master" threads for a hotel, the name is a link to that thread:

Luxury:
St Regis San Francisco
Ritz Carlton San Francisco

Full Service:
W Hotel San Francisco
JW Marriott Union Square San Francisco
San Francisco Marriott Union Square
San Francisco Marriott Marquis
San Francisco Marriott Fisherman's Wharf
Marriott SoMA Mission Bay [San Francisco]
[GONE] Park Central (was Westin Market Street) San Francisco (rebranded as Hyatt)
Westin St. Francis, San Francisco
Westin SFO San Francisco Airport
Palace Hotel, San Francisco
Le Meridien Hotel San Francisco
San Francisco Proper, Design Hotel
Adagio Hotel, Autograph Collection (San Francisco, CA)
[GONE] Sheraton Fisherman's Wharf, San Francisco (re-branded as Riu Plaza San Francisco Fisherman's Wharf as of 12NOV19 - see post 134 in thread)
AC Hotel San Francisco Airport/Oyster Point Waterfront

Limited Service:
Courtyard San Francisco Downtown/Van Ness Ave
Courtyard San Francisco Union Square
Courtyard San Francisco Airport/Oyster Point Waterfront
Courtyard San Francisco Fisherman's Wharf
Courtyard San Francisco Downtown
Four Points by Sheraton SFO San Francisco Airport
aloft San Francisco Airport (Millbrae) SFO

Extended Stay:
Residence Inn San Francisco Airport/Oyster Point Waterfront

Timeshare:
Marriott Vacation Club Pulse, San Francisco

Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in San Francisco

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11, 2007, 2:07 am
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
I'll move this from the San Francisco forum to the Marriott forum where the good folks there can help you.

cblaisd
Senior Moderator
Old Aug 11, 2007, 10:57 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA Platinum, LT Marriott Titanium, National Executive Elite, Hertz President's Circle
If the location doesn't matter, I would choose the JW. The rooms are nicer and so is the concierge lounge.
Old Aug 11, 2007, 4:16 pm
Suspended

Is the Regular marriott in a better location for a tourist???
Old Aug 11, 2007, 4:24 pm

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
The 2 properties are only 10 minutes apart by walking through Union Square. I stayed at both. If rates are similar, I would stay at the JW. JW is a better hotel in terms of general services. If you are elite plat, both places will treat you right. I prefer the lounge at the JW (not quite as crowded). When stay at either on weekend (lounge closed), they would provide breakfast voucher for elites. In such case, the breakfast buffet at the MR is excellent.
Plenty of posts about "Marriott family in San Francisco". Do a search and thou shall find.
Old Aug 12, 2007, 6:31 am

Programs: UA 1P, CO Plat, MR Plat, SPG Plat, US Dirt
I haven't done the JW but I have done the Marriott.....I thoroughly enjoyed my stay there but man, I have never seen so many people in my life at the Marriott. JW is much smaller so you wont have to wait in line to get in the concierge lounge nor wait in long lines (at the wrong times) for an elevator......
Old Aug 12, 2007, 10:23 am

Programs: DL SkyMiles, MR, HH, ICH/PC, Avis Pref., Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by SkiUtah
Is the Regular marriott in a better location for a tourist???
If access to public transportation (BART, MUNI) is an issue, then the Downtown Marriott would be a better location.
Old Aug 12, 2007, 2:39 pm
Suspended

access to bart is a priority for me. Looks online like the regular marriott is closer to bart???
Old Aug 13, 2007, 12:24 pm

Yes, the SF Marriott is closer to BART, but the JW is a short walk (1 block east to Powell and four blocks down to Market) to the Powell Street station. it's not much of a hill, especially given San Francisco's topography, and can be done in 7-8 minutes, if you walk briskly. If you don't mind the slightly-seedier Mason Street, you can avoid the slow-moving tourists on Powell and walk straight down Mason to Eddy, then left to the BART station entrance on Cyril Magnin Street.

IMHO, there is no comparison between the two hotels. I avoid the Marriott whenever possible. It's full of conventioneers and can take forever just to check in if you arrive at the wrong time. The concierge lounge is far too small for the number of people that use it. OTOH, every time I've stayed there, the lounge at the JW has never been crowded and has a far better selection of hot food (eggs, bacon, sausage, etc).

Rooms are comparable, but the bathrooms at the JW have a glassed-in marble shower and a separate tub. The JW is supposed to be undergoing a renovation, but hadn't started the last time I was there (June).

Overall, the JW has a much more calm and exclusive feel to it. There is an excellent restaurant and a very congenial bar, unlike the cattle-car atmosphere of the Marriott. A co-worker and I went up to The View, atop the Marriott, for an after-work drink. After being ignored for 10 minutes while sitting at the bar (it wasn't even that crowded), we left and went across the street to a local bar. On the contrary, on a subsequent trip when I stayed at the JW, we had such a good time at the bar that we drained a whole bottle of Plymouth Gin and my co-worker ended up passed out on the couch in my room.
Old Aug 13, 2007, 4:25 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, United, SPG plat, Hyatt dia
The SF Marriott is very close(1/2 block north,1/2 block west)to bart-but the JW is a much nicer property IMO and is not that much more of a walk.
Old Aug 13, 2007, 5:38 pm
rln

Why not consider something different? This last weekend, I stayed at the Walnut Creek Marriott - just a block or so off of the BART. I got upgraded to a gigantic executive suite - the bath had a separate shower - and got a breakfast coupon for the full breakfast buffet. There are a number of full service Marriots (Oakland, SFO Airport come to mind) that are right next to BART stations and can usually be had for much less than the downtown properties. I had a $115 rate at the Walnut Creek - Summer Promotion with a $100 bonus buck included. Great deal!!! Think about it. . . . .saving X amount of dollars each night could help purchase a lot of very nice dinners in the city (but the room service at Walnut Creek is one of the best I've seen). 'Course, you may have someone else footing the bill. In that case. . .I was going to say, let them pay for the more convenient location. But, on second thought. . . . .
Old Aug 14, 2007, 9:12 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium (former PP), Hilton Silver, UA Silver, AS Member, Hertz 5*
I have stayed at both properties, and the San Francisco Marriott is good if you are there for a convention or an event. Otherwise, the JW Marriott has a nicer concierge lounge and is a nicer property overall. The only negative to the JW that is that there are more emergency vehicles at night running around the hotel. If you do not like that noise, the San Francisco Marriott is a better choice.
Old Aug 30, 2007, 12:19 pm

Programs: LT Marriott Platinum, Marriott Time Share,DL, AA,US,UA,B6,SW
concierge lounge and floor at SFO JW?

I was told by plat desk that there is no concierge lounge or designated floor at the JW San Francisco, yet I see references to it posted here. Can anyone comment? I'm going to be there Sat - Tues this weekend (Labor Day). 2 nights on B1G1 and two on standard points.
I'm hoping it's wonderful there. Very little could top where I am now--at the Victoria Marriott in a corner suite, water and parliament view, on standard points!
Old Nov 8, 2007, 12:49 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
San Fran Marriotts - seeking reviews

I did a search but the terms SFO, San Francisco kept showing nothing or that it was a 3 letter word and not searchable.. so can either someone find the thread (if one exists) or can someone say what properties they liked, which had lounges, any type of free hi speed if applicable, upgrades, or any other thing that you liked or did not like
Old Nov 8, 2007, 1:00 pm

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
Originally Posted by TrojanHorse
I did a search but the terms SFO, San Francisco kept showing nothing or that it was a 3 letter word and not searchable.. so can either someone find the thread (if one exists) or can someone say what properties they liked, which had lounges, any type of free hi speed if applicable, upgrades, or any other thing that you liked or did not like
The search tool sucks this morning

Take a look at below for starter.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...t=family+hotel
Old Nov 8, 2007, 1:45 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
looking for JW, SF Marriott, Fishermans Wharf Marriott, & Stanford updates since this summer

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.