Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in San Francisco

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 9, 2018, 7:13 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: wcj1
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.

Below is a list of hotels Marriott has listed for San Francisco. Where there is a specific "Master" threads for a hotel, the name is a link to that thread:

Luxury:
St Regis San Francisco
Ritz Carlton San Francisco

Full Service:
W Hotel San Francisco
JW Marriott Union Square San Francisco
San Francisco Marriott Union Square
San Francisco Marriott Marquis
San Francisco Marriott Fisherman's Wharf
Marriott SoMA Mission Bay [San Francisco]
[GONE] Park Central (was Westin Market Street) San Francisco (rebranded as Hyatt)
Westin St. Francis, San Francisco
Westin SFO San Francisco Airport
Palace Hotel, San Francisco
Le Meridien Hotel San Francisco
San Francisco Proper, Design Hotel
Adagio Hotel, Autograph Collection (San Francisco, CA)
[GONE] Sheraton Fisherman's Wharf, San Francisco (re-branded as Riu Plaza San Francisco Fisherman's Wharf as of 12NOV19 - see post 134 in thread)
AC Hotel San Francisco Airport/Oyster Point Waterfront

Limited Service:
Courtyard San Francisco Downtown/Van Ness Ave
Courtyard San Francisco Union Square
Courtyard San Francisco Airport/Oyster Point Waterfront
Courtyard San Francisco Fisherman's Wharf
Courtyard San Francisco Downtown
Four Points by Sheraton SFO San Francisco Airport
aloft San Francisco Airport (Millbrae) SFO

Extended Stay:
Residence Inn San Francisco Airport/Oyster Point Waterfront

Timeshare:
Marriott Vacation Club Pulse, San Francisco

Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in San Francisco

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2010, 4:52 pm

Programs: Starwood Gold
I just stayed at the Stanford Court from March 10th-13th and was very impressed with the renovation. The room was small, but well-appointed and the bed was very comfortable. I paid $123 a night through Expedia. Rates usually run between $139-$169.
Old Apr 29, 2010, 11:35 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by BOS2DCA
I just stayed at the Stanford Court from March 10th-13th and was very impressed with the renovation. The room was small, but well-appointed and the bed was very comfortable. I paid $123 a night through Expedia. Rates usually run between $139-$169.
BOS2DCA, (or anyone who's recently been there)

Am curious if they provided b'fast even in the weekend? I am booked with the normal weekend rate.
I don't remember any lounge available (but I guess it would be close in the weekends).

Cheers!
Old Apr 29, 2010, 12:32 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver
I've stayed at the Stanford Court several times and the lounge of course is closed on the weekend. I have not received any breakfast either. The lounge reopens on Sunday evenings.
Old Apr 30, 2010, 5:30 am

I walked down the hill to one of the diners near Union Square because their breakfast was very expensive, though I did treat myself one day and it was delicious.

I'm staying there again next week using my corporate rate and it's a bargain by comparison to the other Marriott properties in the area.
Old Apr 30, 2010, 9:07 am

Programs: DL DM / 2MM - Marriott Ambassador
I agree the breakfast (as is all the food) expensive but good. Its kind of weird that the setting is basically the bar area.

I like this hotel. The corner rooms (my last one faced SW) are a bit bigger and nice.

The Union Square Marriott is literally a block down the hill but has even smaller rooms / bathrooms.
Old Apr 30, 2010, 10:25 am

Programs: AAdvantage, DL SkyMiles, SWA RR; MR Platinum; National EC Executive
Originally Posted by BOS2DCA
I stayed there too March 25-28 and agreed, I do like the rooms and the bed was very comfortable. I was on the State rate, but I will def stay there again ^
Old Apr 30, 2010, 4:52 pm

Programs: AMEX PLT, AA PPro, Spire AMB
I booked this hotel for 2 nights, 139/night with an EEO at Stanford Court.

I called them this morning (will be there tonight) and they confirmed my upgrade to a Studio Suite - apparenly, the upgrade for plats are usually this type of room.

I look forward to trying it out, people there are nice! The upgrade even reflects in my confirmation page.

----------------

As for the JW, as a Gold before, I received an upgraded Concierge Floor Studio King, HUGE room (I think 550sqft). Loved the bathrooms, but furnishings I don't think were quite up to par with the normal JW brand. If you need parking, there is a lot next door with unlimited in/out for like 20 bucks a day.

Last edited by patchan8984; Apr 30, 2010 at 4:58 pm
Old May 15, 2010, 12:13 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Am currently in The Stanford, and do agree with the others on the hotel after the renovations. Room are much brighter and fresh compared to the old dingy type.
Provided with free internet as Gold, but sadly that is all. No other perks as gold not even any free water bottle in the room or anything special. Seems that lots of amenities in the room are missing, no writing utensils nor information booklet. Suprisingly no turn down service provided.
Other than the location, not much to really anything special on this hotel.

Cheers!
Old May 16, 2010, 7:31 am

Originally Posted by nldogbert
Am currently in The Stanford, and do agree with the others on the hotel after the renovations. Room are much brighter and fresh compared to the old dingy type.
Provided with free internet as Gold, but sadly that is all. No other perks as gold not even any free water bottle in the room or anything special. Seems that lots of amenities in the room are missing, no writing utensils nor information booklet. Suprisingly no turn down service provided.
Other than the location, not much to really anything special on this hotel.

Cheers!
I just stayed at the Stanford again from the 5th through the 10th. As a Gold, did you get access to the Club Lounge? The panoramic view from that room is spectacular. Unfortunately, it is closed on weekends-it doesn't reopen until Sunday late afternoon. I ate breakfast there everyday. The restaurant is ridiculously expensive, so when the lounge was closed, I had to shell out $20+ for breakfast, though I could have walked down the hill to Sears or Lori's Diner. I love the beds in the Stanford, and my company rate makes it a good deal and good location.
Old May 20, 2010, 6:26 am

Where are you guys finding these rates for the JW and Marquis marriotts in SF?

im trying to book for june 5th through the 8th and ive been looking all over for rates that drop to around 100 a night with no luck. although the courtyard in downtown is 109 per on the weekend im looking for. i was thinking something a little bit more upscale like the JW or the marquis if possible but the rates are 219 and 237 respectively.

i should also mention that im trying to use the Friends and Family code since my dad works for marriott.

maybe there arent any rooms available with the Friends and Family code that weekend?

any help on this is much appreciated.

Last edited by bdschobel; May 21, 2010 at 11:32 am Reason: removed proprietary code
Old May 20, 2010, 7:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by simong
Stanford Court had a full renno last year. Marriott Union square is OK, she may not be impressed by the tiny bathroom arrangements.
In comparison to the JW- do you recommend the Stanford Court after its full rennovation, or stick with the JW (to me club lounge does not matter as it will be a weekend)?
Old May 21, 2010, 10:11 am

Programs: Delta GM, (fmr US CP/PP/GP!), DL SkyClub, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Avis Chairman's Club
Originally Posted by polarcreamsoda

im trying to book for june 5th through the 8th and ive been looking all over for rates that drop to around 100 a night with no luck. although the courtyard in downtown is 109 per on the weekend im looking for. i was thinking something a little bit more upscale like the JW or the marquis if possible but the rates are 219 and 237 respectively.

i should also mention that im trying to use the Friends and Family code since my dad works for marriott.

maybe there arent any rooms available with the Friends and Family code that weekend?

What status are you with Marriott?

Last edited by bdschobel; May 21, 2010 at 11:33 am Reason: fixed quote
Old May 21, 2010, 12:02 pm

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
Originally Posted by polarcreamsoda

If you can, try to change your booking dates to June 4 (Fri) - 7(Mon)
The lowest rates are as follow:
JW $199
SFM Marquis $139
SC Ren $149

I have no experience with "Friends & Family" code. Maybe others can help.
Old Jul 28, 2010, 11:56 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Marriott Platinum, American Gold, Hilton Silver, Starwood Gold
Quick question I'm sure someone here can help me with. Looking at doing a rewards stay in San Fran the 20-22 of August. It will be my companion's first time in San Fran, and her big requst is having a great view. She's currently chosing the Marquis, but I'm curious if, as a Plat on a weekend reward stay, if I can get a better view at the Union Square or Standford Court property. JW is not coming up as available for award.

Any help / insight is GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks everyone.
Old Jul 29, 2010, 7:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
Stanford Court is at the top of a huge hill and has great views in all directions.

Bruce

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.