FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Bonvoy hotels in San Francisco
View Single Post
Old Jul 3, 2006, 9:28 am
keeton

Programs: DL SkyMiles, MR, HH, ICH/PC, Avis Pref., Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by LPCJr
1) Must have a c-lounge (I know the Parc 55 does, and it sounds as though the JW does, am I correct?).
I don't know about the JW, but the Parc 55 lounge has become more restrictive in its C-L policies (e.g. all food and drinks must be consumed in the lounge) due to past abuses. I'm not sure whether it is open on weekends any more.

2) Location - want to be near Union Square, and convenient to cable cars so we can do the usual "touristy stuff."
According to the maps on Marriott.com, which you can easily verify for yourself, the proximity to Union Square is close for either property. The Parc 55 is nearer the terminal stop of one cable car route. More important (to me, at least) is that the Parc is nearer the other forms of transportation (Bart, Muni, F-trolley and buses) which makes getting around without a car much easier.

3) I'm going to be doing several one-day car rentals from the Hertz on Mason street, which I know is walkable from the Parc 55, I'd also want it to be walkable from the JW.
According to the Hertz site, there is a Hertz location right in the JW itself as well as the Parc 55. Either Sounds very convenient to me. Why are you going to Mason Street?

Last edited by keeton; Jul 3, 2006 at 10:17 am