Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in San Francisco

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 9, 2018, 7:13 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: wcj1
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.

Below is a list of hotels Marriott has listed for San Francisco. Where there is a specific "Master" threads for a hotel, the name is a link to that thread:

Luxury:
St Regis San Francisco
Ritz Carlton San Francisco

Full Service:
W Hotel San Francisco
JW Marriott Union Square San Francisco
San Francisco Marriott Union Square
San Francisco Marriott Marquis
San Francisco Marriott Fisherman's Wharf
Marriott SoMA Mission Bay [San Francisco]
[GONE] Park Central (was Westin Market Street) San Francisco (rebranded as Hyatt)
Westin St. Francis, San Francisco
Westin SFO San Francisco Airport
Palace Hotel, San Francisco
Le Meridien Hotel San Francisco
San Francisco Proper, Design Hotel
Adagio Hotel, Autograph Collection (San Francisco, CA)
[GONE] Sheraton Fisherman's Wharf, San Francisco (re-branded as Riu Plaza San Francisco Fisherman's Wharf as of 12NOV19 - see post 134 in thread)
AC Hotel San Francisco Airport/Oyster Point Waterfront

Limited Service:
Courtyard San Francisco Downtown/Van Ness Ave
Courtyard San Francisco Union Square
Courtyard San Francisco Airport/Oyster Point Waterfront
Courtyard San Francisco Fisherman's Wharf
Courtyard San Francisco Downtown
Four Points by Sheraton SFO San Francisco Airport
aloft San Francisco Airport (Millbrae) SFO

Extended Stay:
Residence Inn San Francisco Airport/Oyster Point Waterfront

Timeshare:
Marriott Vacation Club Pulse, San Francisco

Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in San Francisco

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2006, 9:52 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
Originally Posted by bigguyinpasadena
This is kinda between Union Square and Nob Hill.Very close to the theatrs also-go for it and let us know how they treat you.
Although I haven't stayed there, I am very familiar with the location. It is not "between" Union Square and Nob Hill. It's one block from Union Square. It's actually across the street from the west end of the St. Francis Hotel. It's also right on several SF Muni routes and one block from the cable cars. It would be just 5 short blocks walk to BART and the SF Muni subway. Until recently it was the Pan Pacific Hotel, which had an outstanding reputation.
Old Apr 28, 2006, 7:24 am

Programs: AA, Delta, United, SPG plat, Hyatt dia
Originally Posted by JIMCHI
Although I haven't stayed there, I am very familiar with the location. It is not "between" Union Square and Nob Hill. It's one block from Union Square. It's actually across the street from the west end of the St. Francis Hotel. It's also right on several SF Muni routes and one block from the cable cars. It would be just 5 short blocks walk to BART and the SF Muni subway. Until recently it was the Pan Pacific Hotel, which had an outstanding reputation.
Sorry-by muni I meant the subway.You are right about it being on several muni(bus)lines.
Old May 2, 2006, 5:00 pm

Programs: UA Platinum 1 MM, Marriott Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
The Stanford Court, San Francisco

Have searched but found nothing.

Anyone stayed at this Renaissance Hotel able to share their thoughts of the property?
Old May 2, 2006, 8:19 pm

Programs: DL SkyMiles, MR, HH, ICH/PC, Avis Pref., Hertz Gold
You didn't search hard enough Here is the thread of all things Marriott and San Francisco, including the Stanford Court and alternatives: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...stanford+court

All of the threads of the various hotels in the area were merged in to one...as this one will be, no doubt.
Old May 2, 2006, 8:19 pm

Programs: AA, AB, AC, AD, AE, AF, AG... you get the picture
try typing in Stanford Court in the search field. It pulls up a billion related threads. Here is one of them

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...stanford+court

And, w.r.t. the hotel, it has a nice old world charm to it. But the rooms are small.
Old May 2, 2006, 8:48 pm

It's a great hotel and the lobby bar serves one of the best martinis in town. The rooms are a little small, but who spends time in a hotel room when you are in San Francisco.
Old May 2, 2006, 9:41 pm

Programs: UA Platinum 1 MM, Marriott Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
ok, now I try the search and get plenty of info...operator error no doubt

thanks all
Old May 3, 2006, 7:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by keeton
All of the threads of the various hotels in the area were merged in to one...as this one will be, no doubt.
Yes, indeed!

Bruce
Old May 3, 2006, 4:51 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, AAdvantage Gold, Air Canada Elite, Avis Pref Select, Hertz Gold,
Has anyone had any recent experience with the CY at Fisherman's wharf? I'm booked there next month for an event at Moscone at a nearly "third world cheap" rate. I plan to use public transportation to and from the convention center.
Old May 6, 2006, 1:12 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, AAdvantage Gold, Air Canada Elite, Avis Pref Select, Hertz Gold,
CY Fisherman's Wharf

Any recent experiences? I attached this to another thread and didn't get any responses, so I thought I'd try it as a "stand alone" topic.

I'm booked there next month at a super-low rate. I'm not a big fan of the Wharf, but the rate was too good to pass up. ($116 if memory serves). I'm attending an event at Moscone, and thought I'd take public transport.

I couldn't quite get an accurate feel for the place on trip advisor, and I more value the opinions here anyway. Thanks in advance for any help/comments.
I'm just in town to work...I couldn't care less about any entertainment, sightseeing, or tourist stuff.

Again, Thanks!

Jack
Old May 9, 2006, 4:45 pm

New JW Marriott in Union Square, San Francisco

Marriott's latest addition to SF is this snazzy hotel that used to be Pan Pacific hotel earlier. I have a stay coming up here next week and was wondering what to expect. Could anybody who has already stayed here offer some pointers? Thanks!

http://marriott.com/property/propertypage/SFOJW
Old May 9, 2006, 6:32 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?p=5725069
Old May 9, 2006, 7:46 pm

Programs: US 1 Mar Plt Hertz PC
Originally Posted by cyberdad
Any recent experiences [at the CY Fisherman's Wharf]? I attached this to another thread and didn't get any responses, so I thought I'd try it as a "stand alone" topic.

I'm booked there next month at a super-low rate. I'm not a big fan of the Wharf, but the rate was too good to pass up. ($116 if memory serves). I'm attending an event at Moscone, and thought I'd take public transport.

I couldn't quite get an accurate feel for the place on trip advisor, and I more value the opinions here anyway. Thanks in advance for any help/comments.
I'm just in town to work...I couldn't care less about any entertainment, sightseeing, or tourist stuff.

Again, Thanks!

Jack
Sorry that my stay wasn't recent.

I stayed there 4 years ago and was not happy. Lots of noise in the AM from the garbage trucks on the street. Unless they have remodeled I would avoid.

I would also like to see a more recent post. Ownership and conditions at certain properties do change!

Last edited by bdschobel; May 10, 2006 at 5:13 am Reason: added quote because merge separated response from original question
Old May 10, 2006, 4:52 pm

Foodguy....

Thanks. I'm boxed into the CY Fisherman's wharf at this point. I was just curious what to expect. Judging from Tripadvisor, its something of a mixed bag. The noise, however, is no problem for me since I sleep with headphones that renders me oblivious to all ambient sounds. In room telephones, alarm clocks, etc. are about all that can penetrate.
Old May 21, 2006, 10:36 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL Plat, US Chairman, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IC RA
Just an upadte on the JW San Francisco: I stayed there a few weekends ago, and the hotel is quite nice, but definitely has a sort of "Disco 80s" feel to it. Lots of brass, and though the bathroom is very nice with a TV, oversized sink, tub & separate shower, it's done entirely in mauve...

Nice flat panel TV, Bose Wave CD player, etc. Also, I never heard a peep outside the room. No doors slamming, no hairdryers, nada. Very nice.

Also, when I asked whether I was getting an upgraded room because of my Gold status, the check-in agent said "Yes, you have a deluxe room". Not sure if there were smaller rooms in the hotel, but the view couldn't have been worse. 6th floor view of a vent shaft. There is no lounge on the weekend.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.