Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in San Francisco

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 9, 2018, 7:13 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: wcj1
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.

Below is a list of hotels Marriott has listed for San Francisco. Where there is a specific "Master" threads for a hotel, the name is a link to that thread:

Luxury:
St Regis San Francisco
Ritz Carlton San Francisco

Full Service:
W Hotel San Francisco
JW Marriott Union Square San Francisco
San Francisco Marriott Union Square
San Francisco Marriott Marquis
San Francisco Marriott Fisherman's Wharf
Marriott SoMA Mission Bay [San Francisco]
[GONE] Park Central (was Westin Market Street) San Francisco (rebranded as Hyatt)
Westin St. Francis, San Francisco
Westin SFO San Francisco Airport
Palace Hotel, San Francisco
Le Meridien Hotel San Francisco
San Francisco Proper, Design Hotel
Adagio Hotel, Autograph Collection (San Francisco, CA)
[GONE] Sheraton Fisherman's Wharf, San Francisco (re-branded as Riu Plaza San Francisco Fisherman's Wharf as of 12NOV19 - see post 134 in thread)
AC Hotel San Francisco Airport/Oyster Point Waterfront

Limited Service:
Courtyard San Francisco Downtown/Van Ness Ave
Courtyard San Francisco Union Square
Courtyard San Francisco Airport/Oyster Point Waterfront
Courtyard San Francisco Fisherman's Wharf
Courtyard San Francisco Downtown
Four Points by Sheraton SFO San Francisco Airport
aloft San Francisco Airport (Millbrae) SFO

Extended Stay:
Residence Inn San Francisco Airport/Oyster Point Waterfront

Timeshare:
Marriott Vacation Club Pulse, San Francisco

Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in San Francisco

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13, 2019, 11:39 am

Trying to decide between a few hotels, Marriott and Hilton properties, apologies for cross-post in two forums. Going this weekend Sat - Mon to see the Harry Potter play at the Curran on Sunday. Arrive late afternoon Sat, depart early morn Mon.

Currently Marriott Plat - if I stay at a marriott property this weekend, I should make Gold this year, otherwise I will fall to Silver. I don't place a lot of value on gold given where it currently falls in Bonvoy schema.

Considerations:
-San Fran Marriott Marquis - total price $406
-Park Central - total price $368 (already includes resort fee and get an extra 1000 bonus points per night)
-(Hilton) Parc 55 - total price $305 (Hilton gold, comes with $10 daily food credit/per person)
-Hilton San Fran Union Square - total price $305 (Hilton gold, comes with $10 daily food credit/per person)

For my location, all seem to be essentially the same area and I don't think that is going to make a huge difference. We don't have plans for Sat night yet, Sunday morning we will BART to Berkeley to get breakfast at a favorite cafe of ours, then back into the city for the play all afternoon/night. We fly in and out of SFO and will BART between them. Will likely be leaving hotel around 6AM Monday morning.

Using my higher status at Marriott appeals to me before I lose it, but Park Central looks like breakfast in restaurant, so we likely won't take advantage of that. They appear to have a wine hour (assume its on weekends?) that I might utilize one or both days. The lounge at Marquis sounds appealing for grab + go/all day access. I also have 5 SNAs that I likely won't use otherwise this year, so could try to apply them in advance.

I have read the Hilton threads and see that they are pretty meh - not good or bad, gold benefit is pretty lame, but again we won't likely be using much of the benefits anyway. I guess I am looking for thoughts on choosing any of the 4 hotels, and if you would pay an extra $100 to have lounge access at the Marquis.

I should have posted sooner because my cancellation deadline is tonight... Thanks!
Old Nov 13, 2019, 12:41 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by willywilkes
Considerations:
-Park Central - total price $368 (already includes resort fee and get an extra 1000 bonus points per night)
-(Hilton) Parc 55 - total price $305 (Hilton gold, comes with $10 daily food credit/per person)
-Hilton San Fran Union Square - total price $305 (Hilton gold, comes with $10 daily food credit/per person)
They're all mediocre properties at best. I would narrow the choice to Marquis and Parc55 as marginally more convenient to BART and slightly less unpleasant locations.
Antarius likes this.
Old Nov 13, 2019, 9:34 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Trying to decide between a few hotels, Marriott and Hilton properties, apologies for cross-post in two forums. Going this weekend Sat - Mon to see the Harry Potter play at the Curran on Sunday. Arrive late afternoon Sat, depart early morn Mon.

Currently Marriott Plat - if I stay at a marriott property this weekend, I should make Gold this year, otherwise I will fall to Silver. I don't place a lot of value on gold given where it currently falls in Bonvoy schema.

Considerations:

For my location, all seem to be essentially the same area and I don't think that is going to make a huge difference. We don't have plans for Sat night yet, Sunday morning we will BART to Berkeley to get breakfast at a favorite cafe of ours, then back into the city for the play all afternoon/night. We fly in and out of SFO and will BART between them. Will likely be leaving hotel around 6AM Monday morning.

Using my higher status at Marriott appeals to me before I lose it, but Park Central looks like breakfast in restaurant, so we likely won't take advantage of that. They appear to have a wine hour (assume its on weekends?) that I might utilize one or both days. The lounge at Marquis sounds appealing for grab + go/all day access. I also have 5 SNAs that I likely won't use otherwise this year, so could try to apply them in advance.

I have read the Hilton threads and see that they are pretty meh - not good or bad, gold benefit is pretty lame, but again we won't likely be using much of the benefits anyway. I guess I am looking for thoughts on choosing any of the 4 hotels, and if you would pay an extra $100 to have lounge access at the Marquis.

I should have posted sooner because my cancellation deadline is tonight... Thanks!
it may not be important to you but the breakfast at the Park Central is actually very good.
Old Nov 13, 2019, 9:49 pm

Programs: BAEC - back to lowly blue. Marriott - Lifetime Platinum
...Sunday morning we will BART to Berkeley to get breakfast at a favorite cafe of ours.. !
Would that be Bette's? ^
Old Nov 13, 2019, 10:01 pm

Originally Posted by JayeJ
Would that be Bette's? ^
No, it is Sconehenge - big fan of the scones, really making the trip just for those.
Old Nov 14, 2019, 7:25 am
Suspended

Programs: Hertz platinum, Bonvoy titanium , Delta flying colonel/platinum/MM, retired old men board member
My favorites are the Marriott Fisherman's wharf and the St Regis, Bu you can't go wrong at the W. the fairmont, the Palace, Westin, Marriott Union Sq or JW Union sq -- I have stayed at all and like. I have heard good things abt the Adagio (autograph) and the Proper. I definitely would stay at a Bovoy to keep your status and they are all great hotels. I think the JW's lounge is open weekends
Old Nov 14, 2019, 7:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by knownothing
My favorites are the Marriott Fisherman's wharf and the St Regis, Bu you can't go wrong at the W. the fairmont, the Palace, Westin, Marriott Union Sq or JW Union sq -- I have stayed at all and like. I have heard good things abt the Adagio (autograph) and the Proper. I definitely would stay at a Bovoy to keep your status and they are all great hotels. I think the JW's lounge is open weekends
Dont forget the LM. Great staff.
flyingeph12 likes this.
Old Nov 14, 2019, 8:02 am

Programs: BAEC - back to lowly blue. Marriott - Lifetime Platinum
No, it is Sconehenge - big fan of the scones, really making the trip just for those.
That sounds wonderful! Enjoy!
Old Nov 27, 2019, 12:57 pm

Originally Posted by carrotjuice
Travelling with spouse and teenager. Attracted to Marquis because the 2 double bed rooms are available at my corporate rate.

Planning to use my SNA but only the Junior Suite comes with 2 queen bed option.

Whereas the Larger Suite, 3 Bay Hospitality Suite and 2 Bay Hospitality Suite all have 1 king bed only, hence I have to pay $25 per night for extra rollaway bed. Does anyone know if these suites have a large enough sofa in the living room, which can comfortably sleep a 1.7m teenager?
From the photos here, it looks like you could potentially arrange the corner sofas into a sleepable config, if in fact they don't fold out.
Old Nov 28, 2019, 7:40 pm

My favorite thing about the Marquis is that on my last two trips the lobby bar had Pliney the Elder on tap. A hard to find IPA (in other parts of the country) that is considered one of the best of the style.
Old Nov 30, 2019, 2:04 pm

Originally Posted by carrotjuice
Bump. Can anyone who’s stayed in one of the suites in Marquis please opine on the possibility of using the sofa for a teenager?
The newly renovated suite that we stayed in has a small-ish sofa (~5.5 ft wide) that’s more like a chaise lounge, flanked by separate chairs. Don’t know if your teenager would mind sleeping on it with feet dangling over. Otherwise, you could test it out after checking in, then ask for a rollaway at that point.

BTW, the furniture in our suite matches the ones in the YouTube video, to give you a better idea:

Last edited by ntamayo; Nov 30, 2019 at 2:52 pm
Old Nov 30, 2019, 3:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by ntamayo
The newly renovated suite that we stayed in has a small-ish sofa (~5.5 ft wide) that’s more like a chaise lounge, flanked by separate chairs.
No embedded pull out bed in sofa?

David
Old Nov 30, 2019, 3:31 pm

Originally Posted by DELee
No embedded pull out bed in sofa?

David
No pull out bed, plus the cushions are all attached.

i would say if you are less than 63”, you could technically lay on it.
Old Dec 1, 2019, 1:11 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium; WN A-list; UA Silver
What's weird is I'm in a bog standard 1 king room at the Marriott marquis right now and the sofa (which looks different than the one in the video) has a bed in it.
The lounge was a goddamn zoo this morning and you had to sit in the second floor lobby as there was no seating.
Otoh, I was feeling a bit under the weather this evening and just went to the lounge for some snacks for dinner. You could totally make a real meal there if you wanted to, though I'm not sure why you would in SF (unless exhausted/full/ill) as eating is normally half the reason I come here.
Old Dec 15, 2019, 10:29 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Just an fyi... the SF Marriott Marquis asked to see my AAA card to validate my rate. I had the card and showed it. But it was the first time in my life that any Starwood or Marriott property ever asked for the card. So for those who are booking the rate without AAA membership... be careful.

As to the hotel, it is large and busy. The elevators are quick at least and the gym is AWESOME. The bed was comfy but the layout of the 1 br suite was awkward imo. However, I could see how some would love a 1b suite like that. It's basically 2 rooms separated by a long corridor. So if you want privacy (someone could be in the living room and another in the bedroom) this could be a good option for you. Since I was solo, I'd have preferred a large giant room (to feel more spacious).

Anyway... good CS but check-in was abysmal. Couldn't believe the lines. And getting an Uber out of there around rush hour was a nightmare (20 min wait). I'd stay again, but it's not without some issues.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.