Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in San Francisco

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 9, 2018, 7:13 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: wcj1
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.

Below is a list of hotels Marriott has listed for San Francisco. Where there is a specific "Master" threads for a hotel, the name is a link to that thread:

Luxury:
St Regis San Francisco
Ritz Carlton San Francisco

Full Service:
W Hotel San Francisco
JW Marriott Union Square San Francisco
San Francisco Marriott Union Square
San Francisco Marriott Marquis
San Francisco Marriott Fisherman's Wharf
Marriott SoMA Mission Bay [San Francisco]
[GONE] Park Central (was Westin Market Street) San Francisco (rebranded as Hyatt)
Westin St. Francis, San Francisco
Westin SFO San Francisco Airport
Palace Hotel, San Francisco
Le Meridien Hotel San Francisco
San Francisco Proper, Design Hotel
Adagio Hotel, Autograph Collection (San Francisco, CA)
[GONE] Sheraton Fisherman's Wharf, San Francisco (re-branded as Riu Plaza San Francisco Fisherman's Wharf as of 12NOV19 - see post 134 in thread)
AC Hotel San Francisco Airport/Oyster Point Waterfront

Limited Service:
Courtyard San Francisco Downtown/Van Ness Ave
Courtyard San Francisco Union Square
Courtyard San Francisco Airport/Oyster Point Waterfront
Courtyard San Francisco Fisherman's Wharf
Courtyard San Francisco Downtown
Four Points by Sheraton SFO San Francisco Airport
aloft San Francisco Airport (Millbrae) SFO

Extended Stay:
Residence Inn San Francisco Airport/Oyster Point Waterfront

Timeshare:
Marriott Vacation Club Pulse, San Francisco

Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in San Francisco

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2019, 2:04 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, HH Diamond, SPG Lifetime Platinum
Does anyone know if the Parc Central waives the absurd $39 a night destination fee for elites? I’m lifetime platinum and have a low rate through a price match guarantee but loath these types of fees. Thanks in advance
Old Aug 31, 2019, 2:49 pm

Park Central has a slightly higher rate (< $20 upcharge) that waives the fee, so you would still come out ahead.
Old Aug 31, 2019, 7:56 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
If you're counting on waiver of a resort/destination fee based on elite Marriott status, you're going to be disappointed.

Most of the SF Marriotts don't charge these fees . . . I'd move my business to one that does not.
Old Sep 1, 2019, 2:24 pm

Programs: AA EXP/*wood Plat/Hilton Gold/Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by JAFA13
Does anyone know if the Parc Central waives the absurd $39 a night destination fee for elites? I’m lifetime platinum and have a low rate through a price match guarantee but loath these types of fees. Thanks in advance
Hence why you might have a destination fee to pay...
Old Sep 1, 2019, 5:31 pm

Programs: AY+ Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by JAFA13
No. A fee waiver is unlikely. Also be aware that the Park Central is not quite full service (i.e., no room service—not that big of an issue considering all the dining options available around the area, but sometimes I just want to order room service for breakfast or order something for dinner while getting work done so it can be an issue for me).

As someone else has said, the PC often has a rate that waives the fee, and there are many other Marriott options close by that don’t charge a fee.
Old Sep 1, 2019, 9:19 pm
Suspended

How does Marriott control the homeless, poop and used needles outside at their SF downtown, Wharf hotels? I went for a early AM run and had to fight off being mugged outside the hotel property...
Old Sep 1, 2019, 9:30 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Bonvoy Ambassador Elite, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by sanfran8080
How does Marriott control the homeless, poop and used needles outside at their SF downtown, Wharf hotels? I went for a early AM run and had to fight off being mugged outside the hotel property...
Which property?

And what are thinking a hotel should do to control general conditions outside their property versus what the city should do?

i have stayed at the Park Central, St. Regis, W and Westin Union Square and never felt my safety was in jeopardy.
andrewstahl likes this.
Old Sep 1, 2019, 9:38 pm
Suspended

Marquis. It was literally “Escape from Los Angles” movie. There was at least 15 homeless people right by front door. I tripped over them running at 5am. They eventually charged me to do harm. Can I fight back? What’s SF law if they do harm to me outside Marriott property
Old Sep 2, 2019, 12:22 am

Originally Posted by sanfran8080
Marquis. It was literally “Escape from Los Angles” movie. There was at least 15 homeless people right by front door. I tripped over them running at 5am. They eventually charged me to do harm. Can I fight back? What’s SF law if they do harm to me outside Marriott property
If there were indeed 15 homeless people "right by [the] front door," that seems like a problem with the hotel's security—although I'm not sure what you mean by the "front door," given that the Marquis's entrance is not immediately facing the street but rather recessed in a pretty deep driveway. Yes, if you head west on Mission (in the direction of the mall), there tends to be homeless people on that stretch of Mission (after you cross 4th), but that isn't right by the door.

Usually you'll be fine if you simply ignore the homeless people and mind your own business. Of course, if they actually attack you, you would be entitled to defend yourself. Having walked through some pretty sketchy parts of SF (e.g., Tenderloin and Mid-market area) at all hours of the day, however, I've never had issues by being somewhat vigilant and minding my own business, so I don't think attacks are really all that common or something the average person needs to worry about.
andrewstahl and bhrubin like this.
Old Sep 2, 2019, 1:12 am
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
It's amazing how I stay at the StR SF and RC and W all the time and hang at the Proper and W and FS and RC and other bars and walk by homeless persons all the time without a single incident in 20 years. And yet other people freak out.

Some visitors just don't like homeless people and try to make them the bad guys. Just because they don't have a home or don't look like you doesn't make them the bad guys. Just because they make you feel uncomfortable doesn't, either.
Old Sep 2, 2019, 1:16 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Don't feed the troll.
flyingeph12 likes this.
Old Sep 2, 2019, 1:20 am

Originally Posted by Kacee
Don't feed the troll.
I only saw that person's other posts after posting my reply...
Kacee likes this.
Old Sep 12, 2019, 11:20 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Marriott Bonvoy (Gold)
Family visit

Looking for best Bonvoy hotel for a family visiting SF. Safe and central location with 2 beds would be ideal
Old Sep 12, 2019, 1:17 pm

I recommend the JW in Union Square for location and "relative" safety, and their rooms with 2 queens.
Old Sep 12, 2019, 2:43 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hertz platinum, Bonvoy titanium , Delta flying colonel/platinum/MM, retired old men board member
Originally Posted by bhrubin
It's amazing how I stay at the StR SF and RC and W all the time and hang at the Proper and W and FS and RC and other bars and walk by homeless persons all the time without a single incident in 20 years. And yet other people freak out.

Some visitors just don't like homeless people and try to make them the bad guys. Just because they don't have a home or don't look like you doesn't make them the bad guys. Just because they make you feel uncomfortable doesn't, either.
WELL SAID. I carry a row of Euros and give to them. There but for the grace of God am I
bhrubin likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.