Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in San Francisco

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 9, 2018, 7:13 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: wcj1
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.

Below is a list of hotels Marriott has listed for San Francisco. Where there is a specific "Master" threads for a hotel, the name is a link to that thread:

Luxury:
St Regis San Francisco
Ritz Carlton San Francisco

Full Service:
W Hotel San Francisco
JW Marriott Union Square San Francisco
San Francisco Marriott Union Square
San Francisco Marriott Marquis
San Francisco Marriott Fisherman's Wharf
Marriott SoMA Mission Bay [San Francisco]
[GONE] Park Central (was Westin Market Street) San Francisco (rebranded as Hyatt)
Westin St. Francis, San Francisco
Westin SFO San Francisco Airport
Palace Hotel, San Francisco
Le Meridien Hotel San Francisco
San Francisco Proper, Design Hotel
Adagio Hotel, Autograph Collection (San Francisco, CA)
[GONE] Sheraton Fisherman's Wharf, San Francisco (re-branded as Riu Plaza San Francisco Fisherman's Wharf as of 12NOV19 - see post 134 in thread)
AC Hotel San Francisco Airport/Oyster Point Waterfront

Limited Service:
Courtyard San Francisco Downtown/Van Ness Ave
Courtyard San Francisco Union Square
Courtyard San Francisco Airport/Oyster Point Waterfront
Courtyard San Francisco Fisherman's Wharf
Courtyard San Francisco Downtown
Four Points by Sheraton SFO San Francisco Airport
aloft San Francisco Airport (Millbrae) SFO

Extended Stay:
Residence Inn San Francisco Airport/Oyster Point Waterfront

Timeshare:
Marriott Vacation Club Pulse, San Francisco

Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in San Francisco

Search this Thread

Old Dec 27, 2018, 6:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, A3 Gold, FB Gold, Bonvoy Titanium / LTP, Accor Plat
Stayed at the Courtyard Union Square before Christmas. Somehow despite it being a complete reward stay - points only, they managed to hold the authorisation twice on two different cards for almost $450 each (including on a Mastercard prepaid debit card, so it's actual money that got held) AND bill me for nearly $500 on top.

And I got a "zero charge, zero balance" receipt on check out, too. At least they've now reversed the almost-$500 charge.

They also at first put me in the "hobbit room" up the stairs (no lift access - that's how you'll know it). Thankfully I got a slightly nicer room after asking to be moved.

It wasn't a terrible hotel all in all, though I didn't exactly feel like Plat counted for anything much there. Good location for me, if several blocks from Union Square (uphill). With the pain over the billing and the otherwise completely unremarkable time there, I won't be rushing back.
Old Dec 27, 2018, 7:38 pm
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
I've stayed there a couple of times, I haven't had trouble with billing there but I did get someone else's underwear when I sent my laundry out once (that's probably on the cleaners, though). Otherwise I'd agree with your assessment. Seems like "tenderloin" would be a more accurate name than "union square."
Old Dec 28, 2018, 6:38 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by typical
With the pain over the billing and the otherwise completely unremarkable time there, I won't be rushing back.
Back-charging, for an award charge no less, is totally inexcusable.

Originally Posted by pvn
Seems like "tenderloin" would be a more accurate name than "union square."
While the exact dividing line can be debated, it's pretty hard to argue that west of Jones counts as "Union Square." If a developer were pitching condos they'd call it "lower Nob Hill." Which is of course code for "Tenderloin."
Old Feb 2, 2019, 9:52 am
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Quick question - we have the Marriott Fisherman's Wharf booked for end of February. The nightly rate was $129 for three nights. I read the reviews and they are generally unfavorable which is primarily driven by the lousy breakfast benefit and the typically high price with subpar service for that price point.

I am a gold so breakfast doesn't matter and the city has so much to offer cuisine wise. The rate is dirt cheap IMHO for a property in the heart of SF. Leisure trip and we intend to only be there to shower and sleep. Doing Golden Gate/Presidio/Ghirardelli is on the list of activities.

Any reason to book away from this property? All other properties in SF are going for $230++.
Old Feb 2, 2019, 10:44 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, UA Gold
I stayed there a few weeks ago and the rooms are completely renovated, service was ok as well. Since they don‘t have a lounge, Platinums get free buffet breakfast so I don‘t understand why anyone would bash their breakfast benefit. If the location works for you, stay here by any means as it‘s a great rate for SF!
golfingboy likes this.
Old Feb 2, 2019, 10:48 am

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by golfingboy
The rate is dirt cheap IMHO for a property in the heart of SF. Leisure trip and we intend to only be there to shower and sleep. Doing Golden Gate/Presidio/Ghirardelli is on the list of activities.
Great price and great location for all that stuff. Walking distance to Fort Mason and there's a Trader Joe's very close by. Only negative about the location is no BART access. But Union Square and Market Street have gotten so awful, I see plenty of advantages to this location.
golfingboy likes this.
Old Feb 2, 2019, 11:01 am
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
Any reason to book away from this property? All other properties in SF are going for $230++.
No.
golfingboy likes this.
Old Feb 3, 2019, 7:47 am
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Awesome! Thanks everyone - Marriott Fisherman’s Wharf it is!

Originally Posted by Muerz
I stayed there a few weeks ago and the rooms are completely renovated, service was ok as well. Since they don‘t have a lounge, Platinums get free buffet breakfast so I don‘t understand why anyone would bash their breakfast benefit. If the location works for you, stay here by any means as it‘s a great rate for SF!
Apparently many reported that the hotel lacks a CL and the restaurant breakfast benefit for elites was limited to a rather sparse continental breakfast offering with a $7 upcharge for the full buffet.

Maybe things changed?

Looking forward to spending time in the city - it has been too long since I last spent some quality time in SF.
Old Feb 3, 2019, 7:14 pm

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Awesome! Thanks everyone - Marriott Fisherman’s Wharf it is!

Apparently many reported that the hotel lacks a CL and the restaurant breakfast benefit for elites was limited to a rather sparse continental breakfast offering with a $7 upcharge for the full buffet.

Maybe things changed?

Looking forward to spending time in the city - it has been too long since I last spent some quality time in SF.
\

Things have changed. From the exec lounge sticky.

"San Francisco / Marriott Fishermans Wharf / NO LOUNGE; Full buffet brekkie for Plat+1 daily; 2 drink coupons (per stay); 01/19 update"

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marr...worldwide.html

Cheers.
kalo93406 and golfingboy like this.
Old Feb 3, 2019, 10:22 pm

Programs: United 1P
How good is the breakfast and nighttime snacks at JW San Francisco's lounge?
Old Feb 7, 2019, 8:34 pm

Programs: AA EP, SPG Ambassador (lifetime plat)
San Fran Marriott points 50k/night?

I'm a platinum elite with ambassador and trying to take a spring break trip with the fam to San Francisco. The lowest I could find for 4 nights was 50k/night at the Marriott in SF -- all other hotels are either 50k or 60k/night. Is there any way to get a discounted points rate -- guessing no but figured I'd ask.

Separately, I booked the Marriott Fishermans Warf thinking it would be somewhat nicely located, should I choose another hotel?
Old Feb 7, 2019, 9:20 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA: EXP, 1MM Marriott: Ambassador, LTT
Not unless you stay outside of the city. One idea: the Oakland Marriott is only 35K/night, That's a recently renovated property with a lounge and that's just a couple stops on the BART to downtown SF. Remember you also get the 5th night free so if you are going to stay 4 might as well stay 5 if you can.

Actually just checking the website it looks like both of the Courtyard's in Downtown SF (and at the wharf) are also 35K/night.
Old Feb 7, 2019, 9:27 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA: EXP, 1MM Marriott: Ambassador, LTT
Originally Posted by azoomee
Separately, I booked the Marriott Fishermans Warf thinking it would be somewhat nicely located, should I choose another hotel?
There's a separate thread on SF Marriott hotels you may want to check out as I am sure there will be lots of opinions. The Fisherman's Wharf Marriott is not a bad choice for a tourist as the Wharf has lots of touristy things to do and your are just a couple blocks from both cable car lines. It's also easier to make it out to Presidio/Golden Gate from there. It wouldn't be a bad place for a family vacation by any means although I haven't stayed at the property (just walked by it), so hopefully you can get some opinions here or on Trip Advisor.
Old Feb 8, 2019, 12:15 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
And even if you can't stay 5 nights you should book 5 nights & get the extra night credit.
Old Feb 28, 2019, 8:00 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond/IHG Platinum/DL Plutononium
Recommendation for 2 nights in San Francisco - Platinum Member

I'm planning my honeymoon for this August and have 2 free night certificates from opening the Ritz card. I still have platinum status from the ritz card and expect it to stick until August. Debating the best property to use my free nights.

Initially I booked the Ritz because it was 2 free Ritz certs, but looks like I can use it to book any Mariott/SPG property and I'd prefer to use it at a property with more perks for platinum members (mainly free breakfast). It looks like the Mariott Marquis and JW Mariott in Union Square are strong choices and would give me free breakfast, but I'd love to hear everyone's opinion. First time visiting SFO in a while.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.