Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in San Francisco

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 9, 2018, 7:13 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: wcj1
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.

Below is a list of hotels Marriott has listed for San Francisco. Where there is a specific "Master" threads for a hotel, the name is a link to that thread:

Luxury:
St Regis San Francisco
Ritz Carlton San Francisco

Full Service:
W Hotel San Francisco
JW Marriott Union Square San Francisco
San Francisco Marriott Union Square
San Francisco Marriott Marquis
San Francisco Marriott Fisherman's Wharf
Marriott SoMA Mission Bay [San Francisco]
[GONE] Park Central (was Westin Market Street) San Francisco (rebranded as Hyatt)
Westin St. Francis, San Francisco
Westin SFO San Francisco Airport
Palace Hotel, San Francisco
Le Meridien Hotel San Francisco
San Francisco Proper, Design Hotel
Adagio Hotel, Autograph Collection (San Francisco, CA)
[GONE] Sheraton Fisherman's Wharf, San Francisco (re-branded as Riu Plaza San Francisco Fisherman's Wharf as of 12NOV19 - see post 134 in thread)
AC Hotel San Francisco Airport/Oyster Point Waterfront

Limited Service:
Courtyard San Francisco Downtown/Van Ness Ave
Courtyard San Francisco Union Square
Courtyard San Francisco Airport/Oyster Point Waterfront
Courtyard San Francisco Fisherman's Wharf
Courtyard San Francisco Downtown
Four Points by Sheraton SFO San Francisco Airport
aloft San Francisco Airport (Millbrae) SFO

Extended Stay:
Residence Inn San Francisco Airport/Oyster Point Waterfront

Timeshare:
Marriott Vacation Club Pulse, San Francisco

Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in San Francisco

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 2016, 8:44 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by OU812
Unless you really think you will need the night credit, I would go with the San Mateo FS. The spread in the lounge in the evenings usually is quite extensive. On my last stay they had Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo, Caesar Salad, Minnestrone Soup, in addition to the cheese and vegetable platters. Also, I have had some good upgrades to suites at that location. Finally, it is much quieter than the FFI SFO.
I'd go w/ the FS as well since you've qualified for Gold.

Cheers.
Old Nov 3, 2016, 10:00 pm

Programs: former MD-88 jumpseat Medallion. DL FO, AA PLT PRO. Marriott LT Plat.
appreciate all the feedback, thanks!
Old Nov 14, 2016, 6:53 pm

Programs: United Platinum, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Hi folks. First time/long time here. I will be staying in San Francisco a few days before Christmas and wanted some advice on the best hotel to pick.

The stuff in this thread has been very helpful, but some more opinions are always welcome. Rates are pretty cheap so really just want the best hotel with hopefully an opportunity to get a nice upgrade (marriott Gold). Of most importance are 1) nice view, 2) "good" (central?) location and 3) best chance for a nice room/suite.

I am considering:
1) Marriott Union Square
2) JW Marriott
3) Marriott Marquis
4) some SPG properties such as the Westin or W

With price about the same, what are people's preferences? Thanks so much!
Old Nov 17, 2016, 10:01 pm

The Marquis has a bar called the View Bar, and it has, wait for it..., an awesome view.

1 and 2 are more "central"
Old Nov 18, 2016, 11:45 am

Programs: AA EXP/2.9mm | Marriott LT Titanium 1.6k nights | NEXUS
Originally Posted by PurdueFlyer
appreciate all the feedback, thanks!
This may not be timely since you may have already taken your trip but the SFO Waterfront is also an option. I am out there next Monday the 21st and they have some great rates that week.

I do exactly what you plan for the evening before even a transcon flight back to DCA because of the early departures. Not sure if you are finishing a rental car, but I drop the car the night before, take the shuttle back to either the San Mateo or Waterfront and relax. There are other benefits to the Waterfront apart from the lounge, now on the main floor.

Arriving around 2pm as you are, you wont be confined to your room or the lounge. The lobby is large, with quiet seating along the windows, and even when the bar is open it's pretty quiet. You can grab your laptop and a newspaper and look out over the bay.

Or go outside where there is a nice patio with seating around a gas fire pit and do the same. The Bay Trail is between you and the bay and decent for a run or walk.

Really short hop on the shuttle back to the airport.

I have stayed at both the San Mateo and Waterfront and prefer the latter for a stay before an early departure.

Last edited by AATrout; Nov 18, 2016 at 11:51 am
Old Dec 23, 2016, 11:24 am

Programs: UA/HH/Marriott Gold
Just finishing up a stay at the Marquis--we've been very happy (although it probably helps that we're on a super cheap LNF rate).

If a nice fitness room is a factor in your decision-making, the gym here is really nice. I understand from the lounge staff that it's a relatively new renovation. It's run by COR Fitness and is super clean and large. Weight machines downstairs, huge cardio room and stretch/free weight area upstairs. Ellipticals/treadmills are all the latest models of what my gym at home in NYC has.
Old Dec 25, 2016, 8:21 pm

Prime rib in the CL at the JW for xmas. Nice!
Old Jan 12, 2017, 7:38 pm

Programs: DL, AA, US, AC, Marriott Platinum, HHhonors Silver (Woo Hoo!)
Originally Posted by SeatoSky75
Hi folks. First time/long time here. I will be staying in San Francisco a few days before Christmas and wanted some advice on the best hotel to pick . . .

I am considering:
1) Marriott Union Square
2) JW Marriott
3) Marriott Marquis
4) some SPG properties such as the Westin or W

. . . what are people's preferences?
We would also like to ask the group's opinion with respect to the four options above. The details are: 1) we will be in SFO in March; 2) we are Platinum; 3) We are planning a five night stay on points; 4) we are looking for a place that provides the best chance at snagging an upgrade and that has the best concierge lounge food/experience. If there is any other Marriott property in the City that you think rates better with respect to these criteria don't hesitate to suggest it.

Thank you for your help.
Old Jan 17, 2017, 1:28 pm

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy LTP; IHG Plat
Any recent stay reports at the Ritz-Carlton?

Im new to the world of marriott so not sure what to expect as a plat (matched from SPG status). Comp room upgrade? comp breakfast?

how's about breakfast buffet and how much does it cost pp?

Should i buy up for club access instead? Is there any free alcoholic beverages in the evening?

Any input will be appreciated. Thank you.
Old Jan 17, 2017, 1:48 pm

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by 3rdworldresident
Any recent stay reports at the Ritz-Carlton?

Im new to the world of marriott so not sure what to expect as a plat (matched from SPG status). Comp room upgrade? comp breakfast?

how's about breakfast buffet and how much does it cost pp?

Should i buy up for club access instead? Is there any free alcoholic beverages in the evening?

Any input will be appreciated. Thank you.
If you're staying at the RC & not the other full-service properties, you'll get 1,000 points (in addition to room only points/night credit), free wifi & possible upgrade. You'll have to pay for club access. RC doesn't give it away for free, as RC club lounges are much nicer than most normal exec lounges. And free brekkie isn't part of the deal at RCs. RCs are dif in terms of bennies than the normal full-service properties.

The RC SF lounge says this on the website: " include continuous culinary offerings throughout the day (breakfast, light snacks, hors d' oeuvres, beverages and sweets), accompanied by a full-service Club Concierge to see to every need including access to extraordinary travel experiences. Additional unique offerings include evening hors d’oeuvres inspired by the cuisine of San Francisco’s extraordinary neighborhoods, a caviar tasting on Saturdays, plus a Vintner Wine Series on weekends."

If you want points on room + incidental spend, free lounge access or free brekkie if there isn't a lounge, the PAG of 500 pts or $10FB voucher, possible upgrade, & free wifi, stay at one of the other full-service properties in SF.

Cheers.
Old Apr 10, 2017, 6:25 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Hey all - trying to decide on a 5 nights points reservation between the J.W. Union Sq and the Marriott Union Square. Same point redemption, 1 block apart.

Things I like:
1- free breakfast with eggs (continental is unimportant to me).
2- Upgrade (or in lieu of that, err on the side of the hotel with larger & newer rooms).
3- Quiet room (to sleep in).
4- Nice gym
5- Being within a 10 min walk to BART

For this stay, I don't really care about free hh drinks in the lounge.

I would also consider the Courtyard in Union Square as well (less points). But what do I lose with this property?

Based on this, which hotel should I pick?

PS - I usually stay at the Park Central (Starwood), which I enjoy. But they now charge that ridiculous resort fee so I am trying to avoid them
Old Jun 19, 2017, 8:50 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, CC Gold, UA Silver
Looking for suggestions to use 7 night certificate for SF February 17-24, 2018 during kids winter vacation. I am Gold Marriott member and I will be travelling with wife and 9 year old twins.

Things I like:

1. Prefer hotel with lounge access for Golds. Having free breakfast and light dinner snacks helps to keep costs down for family of 4!
2. Prefer 2 queen beds or king bed with sofa bed

I will also considering staying outside city at San Mateo or another full service marriott as the outside city ones have pool for kids and we may take a few days exploring Big Sur or Monterey and surrounding areas. Pool is not dealbreaker but would be nice. I saw parking in city expensive so wondering if better to take train to city vs stay in city and just rent car on one day excursions outside city.

Open to suggestions for where to stay or what to see. First time to San Fran for wife and kids. I have been twice. Probably do most of the touristy things.
Old Jun 19, 2017, 9:15 am

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by cdoobiest
I will also considering staying outside city at San Mateo or another full service marriott as the outside city ones have pool for kids and we may take a few days exploring Big Sur or Monterey and surrounding areas.
The weather in February is not conducive to pool time. That's our rainiest month and temperatures tend to be in the 40s and 50s.

Monterey is really too far for a day trip. If this is an "explore Northern California" visit, you might want to reconsider spending seven nights in the same hotel.
Old Jun 19, 2017, 9:24 am

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
The Marquis has an indoor pool which is actually pretty big and nice.
Old Jun 19, 2017, 12:05 pm

Programs: LTP, PP
FWIW, the GF & I spent 6 nights at the JW last August, froze consistently and I was bored silly outside a Guns N' Roses concert. Can only do so many tourist things. Get the Alcatraz tickets now or as soon as they go on sale. Don't stay at the JW as they close the lounge on weekends now. Monterey FS is a great hotel, did a day trip for the aquarium from San Jose. Hopefully Big Sur is an option next Feb although I saw its going to take a year to fix the road.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.