Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in San Francisco

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 9, 2018, 7:13 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: wcj1
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.

Below is a list of hotels Marriott has listed for San Francisco. Where there is a specific "Master" threads for a hotel, the name is a link to that thread:

Luxury:
St Regis San Francisco
Ritz Carlton San Francisco

Full Service:
W Hotel San Francisco
JW Marriott Union Square San Francisco
San Francisco Marriott Union Square
San Francisco Marriott Marquis
San Francisco Marriott Fisherman's Wharf
Marriott SoMA Mission Bay [San Francisco]
[GONE] Park Central (was Westin Market Street) San Francisco (rebranded as Hyatt)
Westin St. Francis, San Francisco
Westin SFO San Francisco Airport
Palace Hotel, San Francisco
Le Meridien Hotel San Francisco
San Francisco Proper, Design Hotel
Adagio Hotel, Autograph Collection (San Francisco, CA)
[GONE] Sheraton Fisherman's Wharf, San Francisco (re-branded as Riu Plaza San Francisco Fisherman's Wharf as of 12NOV19 - see post 134 in thread)
AC Hotel San Francisco Airport/Oyster Point Waterfront

Limited Service:
Courtyard San Francisco Downtown/Van Ness Ave
Courtyard San Francisco Union Square
Courtyard San Francisco Airport/Oyster Point Waterfront
Courtyard San Francisco Fisherman's Wharf
Courtyard San Francisco Downtown
Four Points by Sheraton SFO San Francisco Airport
aloft San Francisco Airport (Millbrae) SFO

Extended Stay:
Residence Inn San Francisco Airport/Oyster Point Waterfront

Timeshare:
Marriott Vacation Club Pulse, San Francisco

Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in San Francisco

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2016, 11:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by VickiSoCal
I am SO baffled by negotiated conference rates. Looking at a conference in June (at Moscone) and the rates are:

Courtyard Marriott Union Square – $299
JW Marriott Hotel San Francisco Union Square – $296 per night
San Francisco Marriott Marquis – $284 per night
Marriott Union Square San Francisco – $275 per night
Courtyard Marriott San Francisco – $255 per night

Why would anyone pick the Courtyard US at that price?
Because the others are sold out.
Old Jan 4, 2016, 11:43 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Even if attending a conference at Moscone? I'm weighing the convenience of location vs the reported service, it has been awhile since I stayed at any of these.
In terms of the Marquis to Moscone, you can't get any closer. Whether that outweighs other things is open for debate. I used to attend a lot of conventions at Moscone & normally stayed at the Marquis because it was full-service & so close to Moscone. However, it's been a while. The Marquis is one of the few properties I didn't bother w/ room service because I would go out to dinner each night, given SF has some good restaurants.

Cheers.
Old Jan 4, 2016, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
In terms of the Marquis to Moscone, you can't get any closer. Whether that outweighs other things is open for debate. I used to attend a lot of conventions at Moscone & normally stayed at the Marquis because it was full-service & so close to Moscone. However, it's been a while. The Marquis is one of the few properties I didn't bother w/ room service because I would go out to dinner each night, given SF has some good restaurants.

Cheers.
There are hotels closer to the Moscone, just not Marriotts. Though which is closest depends on which entrance/part of the Moscone is being used.
Old Jan 4, 2016, 12:17 pm

Originally Posted by sethb
There are hotels closer to the Moscone, just not Marriotts. Though which is closest depends on which entrance/part of the Moscone is being used.
I was referring to the Marriott hotels VickiSoCal listed in her post, not non-Marriott hotels.

Cheers.
Old Jan 4, 2016, 1:09 pm

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Originally Posted by NDN
These are generally what I see with my corporate rates. I'd stay at the Marriott Union Square San Francisco EVERY TIME in this situation.
You took the words right out of my fingers. Even with the slight distance difference, it's my favorite of all those hotels, except when I've gotten the large suite UG at the JW.
Old Jan 4, 2016, 1:13 pm

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Why would anyone pick the Courtyard US at that price?
It is actually very nice, by CY standards and usually not too, too expensive by SF standards. If you are driving into SF, it also has the benefit of being right over the bridge, as opposed to having to drive in SF.

IMO, the bigger issue is you need to walk over to and cross Market to go anywhere from that hotel, but I've stayed there a few times because there was such a huge price difference. It's better than staying in the downtown Oakland properties.
Old Jan 5, 2016, 6:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CJKatl
It is actually very nice, by CY standards and usually not too, too expensive by SF standards. If you are driving into SF, it also has the benefit of being right over the bridge, as opposed to having to drive in SF.

IMO, the bigger issue is you need to walk over to and cross Market to go anywhere from that hotel, but I've stayed there a few times because there was such a huge price difference. It's better than staying in the downtown Oakland properties.
Union Square, Fishermans Wharf, the cable cars, Exploratorium, etc. are all on the same side of Market as that hotel.
Old Jan 5, 2016, 7:23 pm

Programs: MR Plat; AA Gold; UA Silver
I just completed 3 nights at the new-ish CY Union Sq. Overall it's a very nice CY. Hip, modern rooms that are NYC small but functional. I was "upgraded" to a room on a high floor with a pretty nice view of the city. Staff is very friendly and helpful. It's a small hotel, with only a few rooms per floor -- I rarely saw anyone else. No complaints about the hotel itself. Would I stay there again? Prob not, only because of its location. If you want to spend a lot of time around Union Sq, it's a solid choice. But I found myself in uptown most of my trip (Paradisio, Golden Gate Bridge, Fisherman's Wharf, etc). And getting there from this hotel is a bit of a challenge -- the trolley is very popular and it can be hard to get on one -- and kinda pricey at $7 one way.

I also spent 1 night at the SFO Marriott. A very nice property with upgraded rooms and one of the best lounges I've ever seen! I really like the new Marriott next generation room concept -- very open and modern. Oddly the SFO Marriott night was more expensive than any of my nights downtown. Go figure.

So if you're going to SF for the first time, like I did, I recommend a Fisherman's Wharf area hotel -- it's easier to get around to most of the typical tourist attractions.
Old Jan 6, 2016, 12:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If you're going to ride the cable cars, get a pass. 1 day is $20, 3 day is $31, 7 day is $40. (They just went up again.) That covers cable cars, Muni, Muni Metro, and street cars.
Old Jan 6, 2016, 11:07 am

Originally Posted by sethb
If you're going to ride the cable cars, get a pass. 1 day is $20, 3 day is $31, 7 day is $40. (They just went up again.) That covers cable cars, Muni, Muni Metro, and street cars.
Good tip! Thx.

Cheers.
Old Jan 6, 2016, 11:35 am

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, Hilton LT Diamond, AA LT Platinum
Originally Posted by jlb3

I also spent 1 night at the SFO Marriott. A very nice property with upgraded rooms and one of the best lounges I've ever seen! I really like the new Marriott next generation room concept -- very open and modern. Oddly the SFO Marriott night was more expensive than any of my nights downtown. Go figure.
I guess it is good that people like different things or we would all stay at the same hotel. My new updated room at the SFO Marriott did not have a closet but rather a small carve out with a rod and some hangars. My lady friend said it reminded her of a Motel 6. The M Lounge too was disappointing. It had all the ambiance of a school lunch room. The evening hors d'oeuvres consisted of 3 cheese dishes, crackers, and some sodium-laden processed meats. To call this one of the best Marriott lounges is amazing to me.
Old Feb 1, 2016, 5:37 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium
JW Marriott

The hotel's website and recent reviews on TA are saying the lounge is closed now on weekends. Any recent experiences as to whether breakfast is provided in the restaurant instead and if so, what was provided?
Old Feb 5, 2016, 12:43 pm

Originally Posted by michelin
The JW Marriott hotel's website and recent reviews on TA are saying the lounge is closed now on weekends. Any recent experiences as to whether breakfast is provided in the restaurant instead and if so, what was provided?
To answer his own question, michelin was nice enough to call & ask the property & posted in the exec lounge sticky. I've updated the sticky, but thought I'd mention it here too.

"JW Marriott San Francisco Union Square
I just called and the lounge is no longer open on weekends for breakfast, and they have apparently joined the list of properties giving 1,000 points with no option for a breakfast in the restaurant."

Unfortunate, but appreciate the heads up.

Cheers.
Old May 2, 2016, 12:34 pm

Programs: UA Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
I am trying to book an airport hotel for August 17. There is only one hotel available of all the Marriotts in the city and around the airport for that night (on the Marriott website). That seems hard for me to believe. Hiltons seem to have plenty of availability And one of the OTAs is listing Marriott family hotels at the airport available.

Is this a glitch that will clear up or all the hotels really booked up? I couldn't find any events going on in San Francisco for that time. (I'd prefer to book with Marriott on line than an OTA)
Old May 2, 2016, 1:18 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by manneca
I am trying to book an airport hotel for August 17. There is only one hotel available of all the Marriotts in the city and around the airport for that night (on the Marriott website). That seems hard for me to believe. Hiltons seem to have plenty of availability And one of the OTAs is listing Marriott family hotels at the airport available.
For 8/17, the website lists several airport properties available, including the SFO Marriott for $379 and up. That hotel looks to be close to full since it's not offering my corporate rate.

If you can't book it, call the hotel.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.