Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in San Francisco

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 9, 2018, 7:13 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: wcj1
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.

Below is a list of hotels Marriott has listed for San Francisco. Where there is a specific "Master" threads for a hotel, the name is a link to that thread:

Luxury:
St Regis San Francisco
Ritz Carlton San Francisco

Full Service:
W Hotel San Francisco
JW Marriott Union Square San Francisco
San Francisco Marriott Union Square
San Francisco Marriott Marquis
San Francisco Marriott Fisherman's Wharf
Marriott SoMA Mission Bay [San Francisco]
[GONE] Park Central (was Westin Market Street) San Francisco (rebranded as Hyatt)
Westin St. Francis, San Francisco
Westin SFO San Francisco Airport
Palace Hotel, San Francisco
Le Meridien Hotel San Francisco
San Francisco Proper, Design Hotel
Adagio Hotel, Autograph Collection (San Francisco, CA)
[GONE] Sheraton Fisherman's Wharf, San Francisco (re-branded as Riu Plaza San Francisco Fisherman's Wharf as of 12NOV19 - see post 134 in thread)
AC Hotel San Francisco Airport/Oyster Point Waterfront

Limited Service:
Courtyard San Francisco Downtown/Van Ness Ave
Courtyard San Francisco Union Square
Courtyard San Francisco Airport/Oyster Point Waterfront
Courtyard San Francisco Fisherman's Wharf
Courtyard San Francisco Downtown
Four Points by Sheraton SFO San Francisco Airport
aloft San Francisco Airport (Millbrae) SFO

Extended Stay:
Residence Inn San Francisco Airport/Oyster Point Waterfront

Timeshare:
Marriott Vacation Club Pulse, San Francisco

Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in San Francisco

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2016, 3:05 pm

Programs: UA Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by dayone
For 8/17, the website lists several airport properties available, including the SFO Marriott for $379 and up. That hotel looks to be close to full since it's not offering my corporate rate.

If you can't book it, call the hotel.
This is weird. If I go to the Marriott website, there is no availability for the Novato Courtyard, but if I use a link sent by my niece that is the hotel website, there is availability.
Old Jun 14, 2016, 12:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm very tired of the upgrade/downgrade game.

Marquis checked in online yesterday( had reserved regular room) and got:

Larger Guest Room, Corner, King, City view

Glanced at reservation today before departing for airport and now it is back to a regular room. Grr.

Concierge lounge access, Guest room, 1 King or 2 Double, City view
Old Jun 14, 2016, 3:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
Honest question: Isn't guaranteed lounge access at least an equal upgrade from a regular room, than an upgrade to a larger room without lounge access?

BTW the hotel is sold out for the next 2-3 nights due to the Apartment Management convention.The Ritz Carlton on Nob Hill does have rooms, for $1,499.00 per night.
Old Jun 14, 2016, 5:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Doesn't a platinum always get guaranteed lounge access?
Old Jun 14, 2016, 5:40 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by VickiSoCal
Doesn't a platinum always get guaranteed lounge access?
Yes, but now that you know that there's a convention when you're there it may explain where your (temporary) upgrade went. Just like you lost the upgrade at Grosvnor House when the Cowboys or whatever it team it was decided to stay over & your upgraded suite went away due to them paying for it.

Cheers.
Old Oct 28, 2016, 1:09 pm

San Francisco Marriott Marquis Concierge Lounge

I just called the hotel and they said the newly renovated one opened maybe 4 months ago. Has anyone been since? Hotel tells me it is only a continental breakfast - no eggs, no potatoes, and no meat - just lots of fruit/pastries/oatmeal. Can anyone confirm that it's no eggs/potatoes/meat?

I've got 3 rooms booked for the family in Feb at Le Meridien. Debating switching it to the Marquis for free breakfasts for all 6 of us.
Old Oct 28, 2016, 1:48 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, Hilton LT Diamond, AA LT Platinum
Originally Posted by jacisme
I just called the hotel and they said the newly renovated one opened maybe 4 months ago. Has anyone been since? Hotel tells me it is only a continental breakfast - no eggs, no potatoes, and no meat - just lots of fruit/pastries/oatmeal. Can anyone confirm that it's no eggs/potatoes/meat?

I've got 3 rooms booked for the family in Feb at Le Meridien. Debating switching it to the Marquis for free breakfasts for all 6 of us.
You were told wrong. I was there in Sept. and the food spreads were very good. They had both a large dish of scrambled eggs and egg whites, as well as bacon, steel cut oatmeal, fruit, yogurt, etc. The evening spread was also quite good with a hot meat dish, vegetables, and a starch. They also have a super coffee dispenser.

I don't care for the ambiance of the M Club, but the food and beverage are very good. I asked why it is called the M Club now and was told it is suppose to project a new and hip and cool milieu. I guess millennials are suppose to find it inviting.

One big positive is they carefully monitor all people that try to enter for breakfast. They have someone at the door checking names off. More Marriott lounges need to do this.
Old Oct 28, 2016, 2:06 pm

Awesome, thanks for the quick response. I just called the hotel again and convinced them to transfer me up to the M-Life lounge, where they again confirmed your info. Full hot buffet! Thanks! Sounds like it's worth switching from the Le Meridien in order to get free breakfast for 6!
Old Oct 28, 2016, 3:48 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by jacisme
Awesome, thanks for the quick response. I just called the hotel again and convinced them to transfer me up to the M-Life lounge, where they again confirmed your info. Full hot buffet! Thanks! Sounds like it's worth switching from the Le Meridien in order to get free breakfast for 6!
You may or may not get a free brekkie for 6. Technically Marriott's rules are elite+1. Some Marriotts will extend that to all rooms booked under the elite's name; however, some will stick w/ the T&Cs. It varies.

Cheers.
Old Nov 1, 2016, 12:29 pm

Programs: Delta GM/1.5MM ~ United Silver ~ Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Staying at the Marriott Union Square this week - got 750 pts since concierge lounge was closed Sunday AM. Week day breakfast fare has been standard here, with the pieces of fresh pineapple being very, very sweet - some of the best I've had
Old Nov 2, 2016, 5:40 pm

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
You may or may not get a free brekkie for 6. Technically Marriott's rules are elite+1. Some Marriotts will extend that to all rooms booked under the elite's name; however, some will stick w/ the T&Cs. It varies.

Cheers.
Thanks for the heads up, but we should be all good. Two of us are platinum and another is a gold. We should each get our own status' benefits, or get the status benefits of the individual that paid the points for the rooms, right? So either way we'll all at least get gold benefits (free breakfast for elite+1), right?
Old Nov 3, 2016, 1:45 am

Programs: former MD-88 jumpseat Medallion. DL FO, AA PLT PRO. Marriott LT Plat.
FFI SFO Airport vs. Full-Service Marriott San Mateo

hello FTers!

need a Marriott near SFO for a Monday night in November. arriving at 2pm and have a transpac flight in business the next day around 11am.

Right now, I have the FFI SFO Airport booked (normal rate) for
$205+ tax. Not bad, considering I'm on the coast in a major city. everything else is significantly higher (airport / city ).

Today I found a rate at the full-service Marriott in San Mateo for $166+ tax. Problem is its on id90.com (travel rate) so I will not earn points or the stay credit, although I would get the gold benefits while I'm there. credit card would be charged at time of booking and the website says "room assigned at checkin."

I'm trying to decide if the $40 in savings is worth the nicer hotel in San Mateo with perks, but no stay credit. Both hotels have airport shuttles. I'm not as concerned with morning breakfast since I'll have the KoreanAir lounge at SFO the morning of the flight.

Just re-qualed for Gold at 50 nights, and I'm not going to get many more this year. I think the $40 is worth one roll-over night, so I'm leaning towards sucking it up at the Fairfield unless anyone has some good plugs for the FS San Mateo! opinions welcome
Old Nov 3, 2016, 6:27 am

Programs: LTP, PP
Gold at FFI wont get squat but it will get the lounge Monday night at the FS (which could be good or crap although in my experiences, airport hotel lounges tend to be decent.) That might save you the cost of dinner.

I been to neither so I personally would be concerned with: #1 saving $40 (don't think the points or credit is worth $40) #2 What I can do in the area for the afternoon / evening time #3 Free food & beverage

That is all...

Last edited by joshua362; Nov 3, 2016 at 12:05 pm
Old Nov 3, 2016, 8:06 am
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
Originally Posted by PurdueFlyer
Today I found a rate at the full-service Marriott in San Mateo for $166+ tax. Problem is its on id90.com (travel rate) so I will not earn points or the stay credit, although I would get the gold benefits while I'm there. credit card would be charged at time of booking and the website says "room assigned at checkin."
Can you find that rate on any public site? Could file a Look No Further rate guarantee claim.
Old Nov 3, 2016, 8:26 am

Programs: United 1K, MR Plat, SPG Plat
Unless you really think you will need the night credit, I would go with the San Mateo FS. The spread in the lounge in the evenings usually is quite extensive. On my last stay they had Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo, Caesar Salad, Minnestrone Soup, in addition to the cheese and vegetable platters. Also, I have had some good upgrades to suites at that location. Finally, it is much quieter than the FFI SFO.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.