Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in San Francisco

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 9, 2018, 7:13 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: wcj1
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.

Below is a list of hotels Marriott has listed for San Francisco. Where there is a specific "Master" threads for a hotel, the name is a link to that thread:

Luxury:
St Regis San Francisco
Ritz Carlton San Francisco

Full Service:
W Hotel San Francisco
JW Marriott Union Square San Francisco
San Francisco Marriott Union Square
San Francisco Marriott Marquis
San Francisco Marriott Fisherman's Wharf
Marriott SoMA Mission Bay [San Francisco]
[GONE] Park Central (was Westin Market Street) San Francisco (rebranded as Hyatt)
Westin St. Francis, San Francisco
Westin SFO San Francisco Airport
Palace Hotel, San Francisco
Le Meridien Hotel San Francisco
San Francisco Proper, Design Hotel
Adagio Hotel, Autograph Collection (San Francisco, CA)
[GONE] Sheraton Fisherman's Wharf, San Francisco (re-branded as Riu Plaza San Francisco Fisherman's Wharf as of 12NOV19 - see post 134 in thread)
AC Hotel San Francisco Airport/Oyster Point Waterfront

Limited Service:
Courtyard San Francisco Downtown/Van Ness Ave
Courtyard San Francisco Union Square
Courtyard San Francisco Airport/Oyster Point Waterfront
Courtyard San Francisco Fisherman's Wharf
Courtyard San Francisco Downtown
Four Points by Sheraton SFO San Francisco Airport
aloft San Francisco Airport (Millbrae) SFO

Extended Stay:
Residence Inn San Francisco Airport/Oyster Point Waterfront

Timeshare:
Marriott Vacation Club Pulse, San Francisco

Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in San Francisco

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2017, 12:48 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, CC Gold, UA Silver
Originally Posted by Eujeanie
The Marquis has an indoor pool which is actually pretty big and nice.
Are you sure Marquis SF has pool. I looked at website. Did not see one?
Old Jun 19, 2017, 1:50 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Originally Posted by cdoobiest
Are you sure Marquis SF has pool. I looked at website. Did not see one?
I just called and they said they took it out a year or two ago - sorry about that! I'm really surprised, it was very nice.
Old Jun 20, 2017, 4:04 am

Programs: Delta PM 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
I just called and they said they took it out a year or two ago - sorry about that! I'm really surprised, it was very nice.
It was huge, what did they do with the space ???
Old Jun 20, 2017, 7:37 am

Programs: DL DM / 2MM - Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by danola
It was huge, what did they do with the space ???
It seems this is a trend. The Portland Marriott turned theirs into the new Club Lounge.
Old Jun 20, 2017, 7:43 am

Originally Posted by lucycan
It seems this is a trend. The Portland Marriott turned theirs into the new Club Lounge.
I've stayed at the Portland Marriott several times and never even knew they had a pool!
Old Jun 20, 2017, 7:47 am

Programs: DL DM / 2MM - Marriott Ambassador
I've stayed at the Portland Marriott several times and never even knew they had a pool!
Waterfront, not City Center, FYI.
Old Jun 20, 2017, 8:27 am

Originally Posted by lucycan
Waterfront, not City Center, FYI.
Oh, ok. That's good. Hate to think I missed a pool.
Old Jun 23, 2017, 4:11 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Originally Posted by SeatoSky75
Hi folks. First time/long time here. I will be staying in San Francisco a few days before Christmas and wanted some advice on the best hotel to pick.

The stuff in this thread has been very helpful, but some more opinions are always welcome. Rates are pretty cheap so really just want the best hotel with hopefully an opportunity to get a nice upgrade (marriott Gold). Of most importance are 1) nice view, 2) "good" (central?) location and 3) best chance for a nice room/suite.

I am considering:
1) Marriott Union Square
2) JW Marriott
3) Marriott Marquis
4) some SPG properties such as the Westin or W

With price about the same, what are people's preferences? Thanks so much!

Originally Posted by closecover
We would also like to ask the group's opinion with respect to the four options above. The details are: 1) we will be in SFO in March; 2) we are Platinum; 3) We are planning a five night stay on points; 4) we are looking for a place that provides the best chance at snagging an upgrade and that has the best concierge lounge food/experience. If there is any other Marriott property in the City that you think rates better with respect to these criteria don't hesitate to suggest it.

Thank you for your help.
I'm following up on the above posts

My GF, her 12YO son and myself will be in SF from a Wed to Tues in August

Gold status using points

I'm looking for...

1. best lounge (open on wkd as well) - will 2 adults and 1 kid be able to get in
2. best location - for me centralized to all the walking
3. best bar (although this is a distant 3rd)
4. view but its for her, not me, as I don't really care

like the first post, also considering some SPG properties as well
Old Jul 12, 2017, 6:56 pm

I'm in a similar boat... planning a Labor Day trip to SF w/ my GF and looking for a hotel w/ bkfast or lounge (Marriott Gold) and in a good location close to bars, attractions, restaurants, etc.

FS Union Square and FS Fisherman's Wharf seem to be priced very similar and both would have breakfast options. Any opinions as to which of these two properties is better?
Old Jul 13, 2017, 8:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Just completed a stay at the Marquis as a family of four and will be back.

Plus: Service excellent, lounge one of the best that I've been to in the US, particularly in the evening. Could have a full meal there. Great location near Metreon, in SoMa district. One mile walk to Embarcadero, Giants stadium.

Minuses: Elevators are "multi-banked," i.e., not all go to every room. They do, however, all stop on both the lobby and the club level.

Mike
Old Aug 16, 2017, 1:32 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, CC Gold, UA Silver
Just FYI for families or more than 2 guests. Looking at stays next Feb. Fisherman's wharf is only Marriott property I found with 2 queens vs 2 doubles at least for my timeframe on points. I have 7 night certificate.

Also, Marriott Fisherman Wharf has no club lounge but 2 free breakfast for 2 guests. Still trying to decide. More space and bed space vs club at JW or Union Square with free breakfast and evening snacks for family. I wish Marquis would open up for my dates. I heard M club very good.

Only pro of Fisherman Wharf is that touristy stuff will appeal to my kids but prob a 2 day max around that area to do things.
Old Aug 16, 2017, 1:37 pm

Originally Posted by cdoobiest
Just FYI for families or more than 2 guests. Looking at stays next Feb. Fisherman's wharf is only Marriott property I found with 2 queens vs 2 doubles at least for my timeframe on points. I have 7 night certificate.

Also, Marriott Fisherman Wharf has no club lounge but 2 free breakfast for 2 guests. Still trying to decide. More space and bed space vs club at JW or Union Square with free breakfast and evening snacks for family. I wish Marquis would open up for my dates. I heard M club very good.

Only pro of Fisherman Wharf is that touristy stuff will appeal to my kids but prob a 2 day max around that area to do things.

Take your kids to the Musee Mechanique - old, old, old style arcade games (pinball machines, whack a mole, Skee Ball, so much crammed in to even mention). Fun to show them the pre-video/electronic era.

I would rather be close to what I wanted to do than in an area which holds little interest for my family - the Marriott FW is fine, maybe a little noisy with street noise since it is a low rise.
Old Oct 1, 2017, 6:42 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Platinum, Avis President's Circle
Staying at Union Square for Oracle Openworld. Was shocked to get an upgrade to a corner junior suite as a Gold. I expected to be low member on the totem pole this week.
Old Oct 1, 2017, 7:03 pm

Originally Posted by rflor
Staying at Union Square for Oracle Openworld. Was shocked to get an upgrade to a corner junior suite as a Gold. I expected to be low member on the totem pole this week.
Exactly which Marriott in Union Square?

If anyone is interested, the Adagio has some great packages that include parking (we're headed to the Wine country after so will have a car, got a great rate).
Old Oct 1, 2017, 9:19 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Platinum, Avis President's Circle
Exactly which Marriott in Union Square?
The FS Marriott. As others have said, taking the BART from SFO is the way to go. Incredibly easy and only $9.

EDIT: One update...the hotel restaurant has gone buffet-only. They do not offer a separate "made-to-order" menu. First time I've encountered this at a FS Marriott.

Last edited by rflor; Oct 2, 2017 at 9:24 am Reason: Updated with restaurant info.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.