Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Malaysia Golden Lounge KLIA

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2013, 3:35 am

Programs: AC, MH, BA, AF-KL
You can pay MYR100 (~USD30) at the desk, though I'm not sure if you can do that at the regional lounge. I know for sure they do that at the satellite lounge but as you probably know it's closed.

If you have MH miles you can redeem a lounge voucher, or pay the miles at the lounge itself.
Old Dec 15, 2013, 5:50 pm

Programs: Accor Platinum, Marriott
Originally Posted by Penguinmoon
Just curious, Pierre48. I have only seen lounge access for sale at the lounge itself. Where else can you purchase them? I'm ExPlat do don't need to, but I may have friends who are interested…..
Penguinmoon,

I was intending to purchase Golden Lounge vouchers with Enrich miles. I seem to recall it was around 8000 miles for the satellite lounge. After reading the above post from SilverChris, however, it maybe be better to pay the 100MYR at the lounge itself.
Old Dec 15, 2013, 7:01 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, LeClubAccor Gold, Enrich
Originally Posted by dfs24
TGflyer girl is right. They are outright bad. The only advantage over the 777 these seats have is the newer IFE interface and better screen. It's still J class. If you're on one of those 1500+ promo business ticket, its not a bad deal IMO
Yeah, i got the SGD1500+ ticket from SIN to ICN. Cost less than half of an SQ J ticket, and $300 more than a SQ standard Y seat. Too tempting to not try.
Old Dec 15, 2013, 7:33 pm

Originally Posted by shull22
Yeah, i got the SGD1500+ ticket from SIN to ICN. Cost less than half of an SQ J ticket, and $300 more than a SQ standard Y seat. Too tempting to not try.
I promise you the seat will have more pitch than SQ Y.
Old Dec 16, 2013, 5:56 pm

Programs: SQ AA TK
Some updates.

Passed KLIA at 0900LT

The boardings outside the satellite terminal has been taken down. From outside it looks ready. All the staff I spoke to, (4 of them) say that it will open tomorrow.

We shall see if it's true.
Old Dec 16, 2013, 7:18 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, TK Elite+
Some updates.

Passed KLIA at 0900LT

The boardings outside the satellite terminal has been taken down. From outside it looks ready. All the staff I spoke to, (4 of them) say that it will open tomorrow.

Yay! I will be passing through KUL on Saturday! Any major changes you see from outside?
Old Dec 16, 2013, 7:59 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, LeClubAccor Gold, Enrich
Was wondering, whether i get to use the Lounge at the Satellite terminal on my return leg from ICN-KUL-SIN, or i must go to the lounge at the main terminal.

Sorry, last time i flew out from KLIA, is 10 years back, on a 2am charter flight to HAK, i can't even remember whether the airside is similar to SIN where the departing and arrival passengers are actually on the same level.
Old Dec 16, 2013, 8:32 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Was wondering, whether i get to use the Lounge at the Satellite terminal on my return leg from ICN-KUL-SIN, or i must go to the lounge at the main terminal.
You can easily transfer between the two terminals using the train. There's no check to determine which terminal you're actually departing from. If you've got a longer layover, I'd definitely recommend heading over to the satellite terminal in order to use the Golden Lounge, if you've got access.

-FlyerBeek
Old Dec 16, 2013, 9:18 pm

Sorry, last time i flew out from KLIA, is 10 years back, on a 2am charter flight to HAK, i can't even remember whether the airside is similar to SIN where the departing and arrival passengers are actually on the same level.
Your ICN-KUL is not guaranteed (although likely) to arrive at the satellite terminal. Airside is similar to SIN in the sense that it is barrierless and there are no checks. If you do end up arriving at the main gates, it's a simple train ride across to the satellite, then back again to catch your flight to SIN.
Old Dec 17, 2013, 12:15 am

Programs: SPG Plat
Some updates.

Passed KLIA at 0900LT

damnit. I'll be there tonight
Old Dec 17, 2013, 11:13 am

Programs: SQ AA TK
Originally Posted by nov11
Yay! I will be passing through KUL on Saturday! Any major changes you see from outside?
Was too lazy to trek up. Saw it from the train station. So can't tell. The door actually looks the same, just cleaner.
Old Dec 17, 2013, 4:22 pm

Programs: SPG Plat

when I checked in, the check in agent told me it will only be done in January
Old Dec 17, 2013, 5:31 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat HH Diamond
I'm passing through on Saturday as well, really hope it is ready to go!
Old Dec 18, 2013, 3:23 am

Originally Posted by rooivalk
when I checked in, the check in agent told me it will only be done in January
If it is... this is truly embarrassing even by Malaysian "rubber time" standards.
Old Dec 19, 2013, 4:46 am

Programs: Accor Platinum, Marriott

Sitting comfortably in the renovated Golden Lounge at the moment. Here for three hours so will give a full report later.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.