Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Malaysia Golden Lounge KLIA

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22, 2013, 11:53 pm

Programs: AA,DL
Hi im on Flt 93/715 Lax to Dps All on a 777 so that should be in the main terminal I assume. On the way home Ill be on a 737 so that should put me in the regional area and that is the preferred Lounge?

On a second thought is the 777 J seat comparable to Asiana's ?
Im not real picky and for the price I paid I saved 2k+ but wondering what its close to?
Ive been on LH, US , UA international J seat Thx

Oh one more ? I can say a night in NRT Is it worth saying over im on the early flt there and wondering if it's worth a quick trip to some of Japan?
Old Dec 23, 2013, 3:24 am

Programs: Meow Mix
Originally Posted by dfs24
Golden lounge satellite is open. The F section is supposed to be open only in Jan. More realistically in Mar perhaps.

Yes you can expect breakfast and lunch. There will be an Asian and Western selection.
Thank you!

/AE
Old Dec 23, 2013, 5:45 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
J side. Unfortunately I cannot remember the brands. will try to find out on my next visit.
Definitely not Piper. My last few times through the lounges the Champagne has been a non-vintage brut from a small label producer that I'm not familiar with, although it's certainly drinkable. Sorry I cannot remember the brand. Also, it seems the F and J Golden Lounge as well as the regional lounge have the same Champagne offering (or at least did when the F lounge was open).

-FlyerBeek
Old Dec 23, 2013, 9:00 am

Programs: SQ AA TK
Originally Posted by grbauctions
Hi im on Flt 93/715 Lax to Dps All on a 777 so that should be in the main terminal I assume. On the way home Ill be on a 737 so that should put me in the regional area and that is the preferred Lounge?

Im not real picky and for the price I paid I saved 2k+ but wondering what its close to?

Oh one more ? I can say a night in NRT Is it worth saying over im on the early flt there and wondering if it's worth a quick trip to some of Japan?
People tend to use the lounge where their flight departs..in your case 715 and 92 will depart from satellite.

MH seat is angled flat at 9 deg with generous pitch. Having flown Lh and Ua before, its better than Lh old C but Ua new C is better.

Dont understand your last paragraph. But narita is 1h away by train from downtown tokyo. Just take that into consideration.
Old Dec 23, 2013, 9:06 am
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by FlyerBeek
Definitely not Piper. My last few times through the lounges the Champagne has been a non-vintage brut from a small label producer that I'm not familiar with, although it's certainly drinkable. Sorry I cannot remember the brand. Also, it seems the F and J Golden Lounge as well as the regional lounge have the same Champagne offering (or at least did when the F lounge was open).

-FlyerBeek
Not exactly premium is it?
Old Dec 23, 2013, 10:06 am

Programs: SQ AA TK
Originally Posted by NoY
Not exactly premium is it?
Come on! It's MH.
Old Dec 23, 2013, 5:03 pm

Originally Posted by grbauctions

777's are more likely to arrive satellite than main. 737's will always depart from main, and that is where the regional lounge is.

The J seat is superior to Asiana's old J seat, but inferior to the newer quadra smartium. It's also better than LH's or UA's old J, and I'd argue despite not being full flat bed like LH new J/UA new J - it's less claustrophobic, and by far the easiest climbing over anyone I've had to do in J. This is purely a function of seat pitch which is a massive 75 inches. I can certainly think of less comfortable ways to fly.
Old Dec 23, 2013, 7:28 pm
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Come on! It's MH.
Before I flew MH for the first time this year I viewed MH as a class act. Somewhere between SQ, CX & TG …now….oh well, CX reigns supreme.
Old Dec 25, 2013, 6:56 pm

Programs: AA,DL
people tend to use the lounge where their flight departs..in your case 715 and 92 will depart from satellite.

Mh seat is angled flat at 9 deg with generous pitch. Having flown lh and ua before, its better than lh old c but ua new c is better.

Dont understand your last paragraph. But narita is 1h away by train from downtown tokyo. Just take that into consideration.

thanks.. Grb
Old Dec 26, 2013, 8:57 am

Come on! It's MH.
I will find out this saturday when i do a status run on MH. Aim to lounge hop between the Rimbun, the satellite and the CX lounges between my arrival from SIN and departure to KCH (3 hours transit, HLO, same day intl J BP KUL-SIN as well).
Old Dec 26, 2013, 8:25 pm

Does the lounges (regional and satellite) open 24 hours? I arrive at 10pm and have an ongoing flight the next morning at 10am. Otherwise I would need to book a 1 night stay at sama sama express.
Old Dec 27, 2013, 11:33 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by luv_flying
Does the lounges (regional and satellite) open 24 hours? I arrive at 10pm and have an ongoing flight the next morning at 10am. Otherwise I would need to book a 1 night stay at sama sama express.
Regional is open 24 hours. Satellite was closed when I arrived (after 1am) but opens at 5am.
Old Dec 27, 2013, 10:41 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
Regional is open 24 hours. Satellite was closed when I arrived (after 1am) but opens at 5am.
Are you sure its not the other way around, satellite (main lounge) open 24 hr ?
Old Dec 28, 2013, 12:08 am

Originally Posted by lowjhg
I will find out this saturday when i do a status run on MH. Aim to lounge hop between the Rimbun, the satellite and the CX lounges between my arrival from SIN and departure to KCH (3 hours transit, HLO, same day intl J BP KUL-SIN as well).
I can now confirm the champers served here. I am sitting in the regional lounge here at KUL sipping my glass of Drapper Brut
Old Dec 28, 2013, 12:23 am

Programs: AC, MH, BA, AF-KL
Originally Posted by TGflyergirl
777's are more likely to arrive satellite than main. 737's will always depart from main, and that is where the regional lounge is.
I've been on 738 flights that departed from the satellite, though they were few and far between.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.