Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Malaysia Golden Lounge KLIA

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2013, 4:57 am

Programs: AA ExPlat HH Diamond
Yeah! Cutting close; passing thru on Saturday.
Old Dec 19, 2013, 7:03 am

Programs: Accor Platinum, Marriott

Further to my earlier post, pleased to report that the new lounge has not disappointed. Good selection of self-serve hot and cold dishes together with noodle dishes made to order. Alcohol available at the bar close to the entrance. Phone and tablet charging stations, showers, kids' playroom etc.
Old Dec 19, 2013, 6:21 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, LeClubAccor Gold, Enrich
Originally Posted by Pierre48
Sitting comfortably in the renovated Golden Lounge at the moment. Here for three hours so will give a full report later.
Ah.. so they finally got it up and running..
Old Dec 19, 2013, 8:49 pm
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Further to my earlier post, pleased to report that the new lounge has not disappointed. Good selection of self-serve hot and cold dishes together with noodle dishes made to order. Alcohol available at the bar close to the entrance. Phone and tablet charging stations, showers, kids' playroom etc.
Is this the J or F side or is the lounge now combined F & J?

Is the decor radically changed from before & how are the bathrooms/showers. They were shabby before. Champagne in the lounge? If so, what type? Has service improved? Thanks.
Old Dec 20, 2013, 3:54 pm

Programs: Meow Mix
Hi Guys,

Travelling through KLIA on December 30th from CDG to MNL via KUL and wondered if I have read the thread correctly:

The Golden Lounge is now open after refurb?

From reading other posts and searching that this lounge is both for J and F with a separate section for F and Enrich Plats?

I am arriving at 06:50 and departing 13:45 the same day so I can expect breakfast and lunch in the lounge during that period?

If you have any other tips that would help me maximise my time type away

/AE
Old Dec 20, 2013, 8:51 pm

Programs: A3 Gold, SQ KF Elite Gold, QR Gold, IB Plata, Hilton Honors Gold
Any update on the MH Golden Lounge re-opening over the weekend? I don't want to purchase a lounge voucher only to find it cannot be used.
Hi Pierre48,
glad that the lounge opened in time for your visit. I was wondering how you managed to access the lounge in the end? Was there a fee you could pay? I'll have access on my trip in a week's time but will have a friend in Economy who won't.
Old Dec 21, 2013, 7:31 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, TK Elite+

Sitting here at the "refurbished" business lounge and I am not impressed. New furniture, new façade, new bathrooms (urinals are not ready yet) and showers, more "Rimba lounge" like decor for the buffet area, but not much has changed.

Showers still look pretty gross to me, and why they put frosted glass for *all* doors (that include showers and toilets) in the restroom is beyond me. Not too sure if the previous design has a shower and a toilet in the same shower room, but it's similar to SQ SIN SKL - no toilet in your private shower.
Old Dec 21, 2013, 9:12 am

Programs: Accor Platinum, Marriott
marcelduchamp,

I redeemed Enrich miles for entry to the lounge. I did not notice any price list for entry at the front desk but it was busy when I was there so they may not have got around to doing that.
Old Dec 21, 2013, 9:28 am

Programs: A3 Gold, SQ KF Elite Gold, QR Gold, IB Plata, Hilton Honors Gold
marcelduchamp,

I redeemed Enrich miles for entry to the lounge. I did not notice any price list for entry at the front desk but it was busy when I was there so they may not have got around to doing that.
Alrighty, thanks for your reply, Pierre48.
Old Dec 21, 2013, 12:12 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
I notice the satellite lounge is closed between 1am and 5am. Regional lounge in main terminal is open however.
Old Dec 22, 2013, 2:24 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Just stopped by the KUL Golden Lounge (satellite terminal) yesterday evening after arriving from HKG-KUL in F en route to MLE. The F section is still closed - I was told it would open "maybe next month, I don't know." There is a small seating area along the windows of the J lounge cordoned off for F passengers (photos below) but the seating/service seemed to be the same as the rest of the lounge and admittance for F passengers only wasn't being enforced. The showers were also a disappointment, cold water only and the one I was given wasn't cleaned. Overall, I was not very impressed with the updated Golden Lounge (although, admittedly I've only used the separate F lounge in the past which did offer very nice personalized service and dining).

My flight to MLE departed from the main terminal, and boarding was slightly delayed, so I had a chance to check out the regional lounge which, although much smaller, was actually nicer (in my opinion) in terms of ambiance, crowding, and service. YMMV.

"F-only" seating area:

-FlyerBeek
Old Dec 22, 2013, 4:17 am

Programs: SQ AA TK
Originally Posted by angeloedades
Hi Guys,

Travelling through KLIA on December 30th from CDG to MNL via KUL and wondered if I have read the thread correctly:

The Golden Lounge is now open after refurb?

I am arriving at 06:50 and departing 13:45 the same day so I can expect breakfast and lunch in the lounge during that period?

/AE
Golden lounge satellite is open. The F section is supposed to be open only in Jan. More realistically in Mar perhaps.

Yes you can expect breakfast and lunch. There will be an Asian and Western selection.

Originally Posted by NoY
Is this the J or F side or is the lounge now combined F & J?

Champagne in the lounge? If so, what type? Has service improved? Thanks.
Not combined. Just that the F side is not ready yet. Champagne has always been available in the lounge. Just ask the bar tender.

Originally Posted by FlyerBeek

My flight to MLE departed from the main terminal, and boarding was slightly delayed, so I had a chance to check out the regional lounge which, although much smaller, was actually nicer (in my opinion) in terms of ambiance, crowding, and service. YMMV.

-FlyerBeek
Agreed. I still very much prefer the regional lounge
Old Dec 22, 2013, 7:30 pm
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by dfs24
Golden lounge satellite is open. The F section is supposed to be open only in Jan. More realistically in Mar perhaps.

Yes you can expect breakfast and lunch. There will be an Asian and Western selection.

Not combined. Just that the F side is not ready yet. Champagne has always been available in the lounge. Just ask the bar tender.

Agreed. I still very much prefer the regional lounge

In the F & J side? Brands? Thanks.
Old Dec 22, 2013, 9:10 pm

Originally Posted by NoY

I recall seeing piper being served on the J side, should still be the same
Old Dec 22, 2013, 11:20 pm

Programs: SQ AA TK
Originally Posted by NoY

J side. Unfortunately I cannot remember the brands. will try to find out on my next visit.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.