Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Malaysia Golden Lounge KLIA

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2013, 3:17 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by SilverChris
I've been on 738 flights that departed from the satellite, though they were few and far between.
+1. I saw a couple of 738s parked at the Satellite terminal about a week ago. My hunch is that they are being used for the longer regional flights, ie. DEL, MLE, KTM etc.
Old Dec 28, 2013, 3:45 am
Suspended

Arrived once from DPS at satellite, and departed for KTM at main terminal.

So no, I don't think its destination specific.
Old Dec 28, 2013, 5:21 am

Programs: SPG Plat

was just there. looks exactly the same as before the renovation?
Old Dec 28, 2013, 6:29 am

Originally Posted by mario33
Are you sure its not the other way around, satellite (main lounge) open 24 hr ?
Kiwiflyer is right. I had the same information after calling the CSO.

Kiwiflyer, thanks for the info
Old Dec 28, 2013, 8:20 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by luv_flying
Kiwiflyer is right. I had the same information after calling the CSO.
Oneworld website says otherwise
http://www.oneworld.com/ffp/lounge-access

Futhermore MH has several long/medium haul flights departing from the satellite terminal at around mid-night and beyond. Are the passengers then asked to move over to the regional lounge if the main lounge closes between mid-night and 5am

Can anyone else confirm based on actual visits.
Old Dec 28, 2013, 10:07 am

Programs: SQ AA TK
Rare but it happens. I have only 1 from the satellite terminal out of 20+ on the 737. It was a flight to SIN.

As for the lounge, based on my personal experience, the regional lounge closes at 2359 and re-opens at 0500. Not sure how that works with their ultra early Phuket flight. The staff at the satellite tells me that the lounge is closed from 3am-5am for cleaning when I was last there.

Note: This is all prior to the lounge upgrading and the issues.
Old Dec 28, 2013, 2:06 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by mario33
Oneworld website says otherwise
http://www.oneworld.com/ffp/lounge-access

Futhermore MH has several long/medium haul flights departing from the satellite terminal at around mid-night and beyond. Are the passengers then asked to move over to the regional lounge if the main lounge closes between mid-night and 5am

Can anyone else confirm based on actual visits.
My post was based on a middle of the night transit within the past week. Is that not good enough?
Old Dec 28, 2013, 2:07 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by dfs24
Rare but it happens. I have only 1 from the satellite terminal out of 20+ on the 737. It was a flight to SIN.

As for the lounge, based on my personal experience, the regional lounge closes at 2359 and re-opens at 0500. Not sure how that works with their ultra early Phuket flight. The staff at the satellite tells me that the lounge is closed from 3am-5am for cleaning when I was last there.

Note: This is all prior to the lounge upgrading and the issues.
The satellite lounge was already closed when I arrived (after 1am).
Old Dec 28, 2013, 8:05 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
Is that not good enough?
Not when it contradicts what's being published; and the last time I left the main lounge at close to midnight it didnt look like it was closing, while the regional lounge at around 11pm did look like they were preparing to close (though it was time some ago)

One person's one time experience does not make it a permanent feature.
Old Dec 28, 2013, 8:20 pm
Suspended

For clarity,

Main Lounge is in satellite terminal

Regional Lounge is in main terminal building.
Old Jan 6, 2014, 2:46 am

Programs: OZ *G, HHonors Gold, Aclub Plat
In the domestic lounge now.

Eww..... saw a couple of tiny roaches running around.
Old Jan 6, 2014, 9:14 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
The satellite lounge was already closed when I arrived (after 1am).
Can now confirm Kiwi Flyer is correct, unless its a temporary arrangement.
Old Jan 8, 2014, 11:26 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Lifetime Bonvoy Platinum, HHonors Gold , TK Gold, MH Plat, QR Plat
Strange, QR has a flight (I think daily) KUL-DOH 0330 hrs and I have always been directed to and used the satellite lounge...(except during renovation)

Anyway, champagne, whether in Regional, Satellite or previously the Platinum suite, was always Thierry Grandin- my last flight was on Xmas. Although someone has mentioned another brand here...perhaps they have a mix.

The toilets and showers in Satellite are amongst the worst in the world and a disgrace. I often use the public toilets in the terminal instead, where they are far cleaner and dry. They never did re-tile the shower rooms, and amenities are 'thin'- generic brand toiletries as vs L'occitane/ Elemis/ Jurilique in other OW member lounges. For a nicer, cleaner shower room, try the regional lounge.
Old Jan 9, 2014, 7:01 am

Originally Posted by freddo
Strange, QR has a flight (I think daily) KUL-DOH 0330 hrs and I have always been directed to and used the satellite lounge...(except during renovation)

Anyway, champagne, whether in Regional, Satellite or previously the Platinum suite, was always Thierry Grandin- my last flight was on Xmas. Although someone has mentioned another brand here...perhaps they have a mix.

The toilets and showers in Satellite are amongst the worst in the world and a disgrace. I often use the public toilets in the terminal instead, where they are far cleaner and dry. They never did re-tile the shower rooms, and amenities are 'thin'- generic brand toiletries as vs L'occitane/ Elemis/ Jurilique in other OW member lounges. For a nicer, cleaner shower room, try the regional lounge.
I remembered couple years back that I received travel size L'occitane toiletries @ regional lounge. Well things has certainly changed.

Sad to say that despite spending money on renovation, MH still ended up getting negative feedback
Old Jan 9, 2014, 11:29 am

Programs: SPG Plat

in other news.. they don't serve meals on trays anymore on the 737s. now served in a paper box. victim of cost cutting measures !

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.