Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Malaysia Golden Lounge KLIA

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2013, 2:06 am

Originally Posted by SilverChris
Meh... Gets unexciting after a while
Agreed.... gets unexciting after a while but I do have a new favourite though: the BKI one - really nice.

Originally Posted by AddictedTraveller
Anyone used the Spa at the regional lounge before? Is it any good? Or expensive?

I'm going through KL again in a couple of weeks with my partner and was thinking it might be a good way to keep her occupied
The santai spa is expensive. Not bad, but the prices are a bit more than you'd pay in a hotel in Kuala Lumpur.
Old Nov 12, 2013, 9:36 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Le Club Platinum, Hilton HHonors Gold, M&C Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by TGflyergirl
The santai spa is expensive. Not bad, but the prices are a bit more than you'd pay in a hotel in Kuala Lumpur.
Ok thanks
Old Nov 14, 2013, 3:23 pm

Programs: BA Gold (and other non-status plastic)
Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
Wonder which lounge QR and JL use in KLIA..
QR sent me to the MH lounge a couple of days ago (regional, as satellite is closed), which was fine/not busy for a 3:40am departure...
Old Nov 17, 2013, 1:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Originally Posted by indiantraveller
Thanks SilverChris.

MH Regional Lounge was superb and while checking in I asked the MH business class supervisor which lounge was better - CX or MH regional! And he looked at me surprised and said - MH regional is far better than CX!

And I think MH Regional was really outstanding! Thanks for confirming it on your side as well.
When the MH Regional lounge first opened, I thought it kinda looked like Air France's lounge ! Maybe at the time, MH had thought of joining ST !
Old Nov 17, 2013, 3:21 pm

Programs: AC, MH, BA, AF-KL
Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
When the MH Regional lounge first opened, I thought it kinda looked like Air France's lounge ! Maybe at the time, MH had thought of joining ST !
Quite a fair assumption, considering MH's partnerships and codesharing with KL, AF, DL and AZ. Glad it didn't turn out to be ^
Old Nov 17, 2013, 7:19 pm

Programs: QF WP LTG, HHonors Diamond, NZ Gold
Quite a fair assumption, considering MH's partnerships and codesharing with KL, AF, DL and AZ. Glad it didn't turn out to be ^
Standing watching the departure boards at KLIA, I thought it must be part of the terms for airlines getting slots that they had to codeshare with MH ... are they *any* which don't?? (OK, only half-serious question here ... )

Regards,

BD
Old Nov 21, 2013, 6:07 pm

Originally Posted by BD1959
Standing watching the departure boards at KLIA, I thought it must be part of the terms for airlines getting slots that they had to codeshare with MH ... are they *any* which don't?? (OK, only half-serious question here ... )

Regards,

BD
KUL is known to be overlooked by major western airlines. No US carriers fly here, and at one stage there weren't any Euro airlines either.

Thankfully now we at least have LH, KL, TK and most recently, AF. The European departures mostly depart late at night so depending on the time you're there might miss the listings on the FIDS.

I honestly can't give two hoots about ST airlines flying here (or not). More interested in the day LX, OS, NH or OZ start their KUL services. I'm tired of connecting in BKK all the time!
Old Nov 22, 2013, 6:28 pm

Quote:

Meh... Gets unexciting after a while

Agreed.... gets unexciting after a while but I do have a new favourite though: the BKI one - really nice.

Quote:

Originally Posted by AddictedTraveller

Anyone used the Spa at the regional lounge before? Is it any good? Or expensive?

I'm going through KL again in a couple of weeks with my partner and was thinking it might be a good way to keep her occupied

Just went and looked again this morning. Not called the Santai anymore. It's now called the Ayer. Overall the lounge is a mess during this renovation period. Too crowded
Old Nov 24, 2013, 12:08 am
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
After a VERY underwhelming visit to the MH First (laughs..) lounge a few weeks ago I am back in KLIA. This time the CX lounge. Nice enough & very quiet, with OK food & drink options - not exactly great but fine enough for sure. Paid a visit over to the PLaza Premium Lounge too (courtesy of PP). Wow. A big, big step up from both of the aforementioned. Plush decor, a barista style coffee bar & very tasty (although quite limited) food options, including a quite yum bread & butter pudding and plenty of seating options, showers etc etc etc. MH should be ashamed of their home airport offerings
Old Nov 29, 2013, 9:45 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat HH Diamond
Just passed through KLIA last night. Biz class ticket, MH, CGK-KUL-NRT. They have a temp lounge set up in Satellite. Horrible. Small, crowded, and not any decent food/drink offerings. They were actually turning people away at the door. Walked down and tried to enter CX lounge. Welcomed with a smile (however, they were closing in 30 minutes, perhaps that is why I was welcomed with a smile). Passing back through tomorrow, will see if I have same experience.
Old Nov 30, 2013, 1:00 am

Originally Posted by Penguinmoon
Just passed through KLIA last night. Biz class ticket, MH, CGK-KUL-NRT. They have a temp lounge set up in Satellite. Horrible. Small, crowded, and not any decent food/drink offerings. They were actually turning people away at the door. Walked down and tried to enter CX lounge. Welcomed with a smile (however, they were closing in 30 minutes, perhaps that is why I was welcomed with a smile). Passing back through tomorrow, will see if I have same experience.
The regional MH lounge in the main terminal has decent F&B, though you can't avoid the crowds during peak hours.
Old Dec 2, 2013, 5:57 am

Programs: QF, SQ, GA
The regional MH lounge in the main terminal has decent F&B, though you can't avoid the crowds during peak hours.
Not being one to travel through KUL with any regularity...What are the peak hours?
Old Dec 2, 2013, 6:42 am

Originally Posted by TachOz
Not being one to travel through KUL with any regularity...What are the peak hours?
I'd call it the 7-10am bank, and the night India/Australia/Europe bank. The rest of the day's usually fairly quiet.
Old Dec 2, 2013, 7:32 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Le Club Platinum, Hilton HHonors Gold, M&C Gold, SPG Gold
I'd call it the 7-10am bank, and the night India/Australia/Europe bank. The rest of the day's usually fairly quiet.
Seconded, usually quiet around lunch and early afternoon
Old Dec 3, 2013, 5:55 pm

It's highly unlikely that the satellite lounge will re-open by the 8th. You heard it here first

Last edited by SilverChris; Dec 3, 2013 at 6:01 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.