Search

Malaysia Golden Lounge KLIA

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19, 2013, 7:07 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
I would say that the golden lounge service you experienced is reflective of the general level of service in Malaysia.
Old Oct 19, 2013, 7:28 am
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by sxc
I would say that the golden lounge service you experienced is reflective of the general level of service in Malaysia.
Fair point - it reminded me, sadly, why I hadn't returned to KL for some years....
Old Oct 19, 2013, 10:02 pm

Programs: SPG Plat
Originally Posted by NoY
Just returned from my first set of MH flights & the lounges at KLIA. What's with the lounges there?

I arrived at the desk (not busy with other guests) & after a cursory look at the BPs we were pointed to the left side of the desk - the J lounge. As a OW Emerald I had done my research & knew the F lounge was to the right - I queried as to access to the F lounge & the lounge, ahem, agent, just glared at me & said, "oh, OW Emerald? Over there"...pointing to my right. B***dy hell, CX at HKG, this aint Frankly, I wish we had stayed in the terminal & purchased food at one of the cafes.

The knowledge of the menu/wine etc. by the staff was really quite dreadful e.g. In the restaurant: me: "what wines do you have?" Staffer: "Red & white". Seriously? Anyway we had 2 glasses of lovely warm white . The food even worse. If this is the best they can do, then don't bother.

Oh, & the place was really quite dirty. There was so much built up dust & grime on the glass overlooking the tarmac it clearly hadn't been touched for weeks .

3 more trips to do through KLIA coming up. That'll teach me to choose price (MH) over quality (CX). Now, where's the Plaza Premium lounge

p.s. Thank gawd the flight crews & food & beverage on board were much better
IIRC, there's a CX lounge at KLIA....
Old Oct 20, 2013, 2:24 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by rooivalk
If its a typical CX outpost lounge, the food is probably worse than MH lounge.
Old Oct 20, 2013, 5:10 am

Programs: QF, SQ, GA
Is the MH lounge in the satellite terminal really shut between 3-5am?

I have a rapidly upcoming trip on MH and arrive into KUL from PER at 2200 and depart for KTM at 0955 the next morning. I'm debating whether to book a room at the airside transit hotel or whether to just hole up in the MH lounge. I'm flying in J (no F cabin on these routes) and am OWE, so should have access to the MH lounge or the CX lounge, correct? I know the CX lounge isn't open 24/7 so that won't be a practical option for most of the layover anyway (though might sneak in for an hour or so to check it out in the morning). But if the MH lounge isn't open all night either, it's probably better if I book into the transit hotel (sadly MH won't comp me the hotel because I'm on a business promo fare).

Thanks for any info
Old Oct 20, 2013, 5:59 am

Programs: SPG Plat
Malaysia Golden Lounge KLIA

the lounge is open 24 hours but it will be closed from 7 Nov for renovations or something along those lines
Old Oct 20, 2013, 8:40 am
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by rooivalk
......indeed....Cathay Pacific First and Business Class Lounge: Mezzanine floor, satellite building. Opening Hours: Daily: 0630 - 2300....but when in Rome (or KL, in this case) the national airlines F lounge at their home airport should be the best option...sadly, it was cr*p. I will go to the CX lounge next time, even if it is the usual CX outpost... @:-)
Old Oct 20, 2013, 11:07 pm

Programs: SQ AA TK
Originally Posted by TachOz
Is the MH lounge in the satellite terminal really shut between 3-5am?

I have a rapidly upcoming trip on MH and arrive into KUL from PER at 2200 and depart for KTM at 0955 the next morning. I'm debating whether to book a room at the airside transit hotel or whether to just hole up in the MH lounge. I'm flying in J (no F cabin on these routes) and am OWE, so should have access to the MH lounge or the CX lounge, correct? I know the CX lounge isn't open 24/7 so that won't be a practical option for most of the layover anyway (though might sneak in for an hour or so to check it out in the morning). But if the MH lounge isn't open all night either, it's probably better if I book into the transit hotel (sadly MH won't comp me the hotel because I'm on a business promo fare).

Thanks for any info
Been there twice at 0430, incoming on MH93, and the doors were locked. Doors subsequently opened at 0500. Was advised it was closed for cleaning from 0300-0500.

Perhaps it only closes if there are no one in the lounge at 0300. MAYBE.

FYI there is a paid massage facility next to the quiet zone now. You hear the "beating" of someone's back every now and then when the massage ends.
Old Oct 21, 2013, 1:59 am

Programs: QF, SQ, GA
Originally Posted by dfs24
Been there twice at 0430, incoming on MH93, and the doors were locked. Doors subsequently opened at 0500. Was advised it was closed for cleaning from 0300-0500.

Perhaps it only closes if there are no one in the lounge at 0300. MAYBE.

FYI there is a paid massage facility next to the quiet zone now. You hear the "beating" of someone's back every now and then when the massage ends.
*sigh* I'd be pretty peeved off if they woke me up to kick me out because they wanted to clean the place. I think I'll just wear the cost of the transit hotel and not risk it.

Thanks for the info though
Old Oct 22, 2013, 1:19 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, TK Elite+
MH Golden Lounge (J side) will be closed 7 November - 8 December while the Platinum/F side will be closed 7 November - 1 January 2014. Not too sure what they can get done, but I doubt it's anything major (~4.5 weeks for J and 8 weeks for F).

Alternative lounge:
- CX Lounge at the Satellite Terminal (06:30 - 23:30)
- Malaysia Airport VIP Lounge (close to CX Lounge, 05:00 - 23:59)
- MAS Regional Lounge at the Main Terminal (24/7, but seriously need to brighten their lights at night).
Old Oct 22, 2013, 4:15 pm

Programs: BA Gold (and other non-status plastic)
Originally Posted by nov11
MH Golden Lounge (J side) will be closed 7 November - 8 December while the Platinum/F side will be closed 7 November - 1 January 2014
Hang on a minute... Didn't they only just closed it for major renovation last year? You know, when they removed the water feature etc?

Let's hope they get it right this time... Must have been the only lounge renovation that actually made it *worse* than it was before...
Old Oct 22, 2013, 10:30 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat HH Diamond
My thoughts too! I thought they just renovated not to long ago....
Old Oct 24, 2013, 11:35 am
Suspended

I find out as an oneworld emerald you can access the platinum SUiTE which is different to the platinum lounge. They check ur BP again in that lounge. They offer a menu, but compare to CX in hkg the food offerings are poor.

Generally MH is an ok airline just not the same grade as SQ and CX, which is also reflected by the country, so have to keep your expectations that way
Old Oct 24, 2013, 6:18 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat HH Diamond
Originally Posted by correctioncx
I find out as an oneworld emerald you can access the platinum SUiTE which is different to the platinum lounge. They check ur BP again in that lounge. They offer a menu, but compare to CX in hkg the food offerings are poor.

Generally MH is an ok airline just not the same grade as SQ and CX, which is also reflected by the country, so have to keep your expectations that way
I was told specifically that was for Enrich members only! Strange, wonder if it is a recent change in policy that oneworld emeralds can use. Do you happen to remember the hours it is open? I have NEVER seen anyone in there.
Old Oct 24, 2013, 10:27 pm
NoY

Originally Posted by correctioncx

Is the food/menu choice the same in Plat Suite as the F lounge? Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.