Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Malaysia Golden Lounge KLIA

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30, 2013, 7:41 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, TK Elite+
Originally Posted by rathin100
When in KLIA yesterday the staff told me they close 1 November? Does anyone have an update

And with a MH Biz ticket, I can access the Cathay J lounge under oneworld rules, right? ( I can't find my bloody BA card and I'm switching to the Qatar FFP since I'm no longer sure how much flying I'm going to be doing with BA)
They seem to have updated the website - closes from 1 November (23:59 tonight Malaysia time).

Yes, you can access the Cathay F/J lounge (no separate section for F/J - unless this was changed recently to accommodate the emeralds/F).
Old Nov 5, 2013, 6:19 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
As an AA EXP, how many guests would be allowed when flying MH mainline ex-KUL?

I would be traveling in Y with wife and 2 kids - and would CX or any other lounge allow more than 1 guest?
Old Nov 5, 2013, 8:02 am

Programs: AC, MH, BA, AF-KL
Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy
As an AA EXP, how many guests would be allowed when flying MH mainline ex-KUL?

I would be traveling in Y with wife and 2 kids - and would CX or any other lounge allow more than 1 guest?
Only 1 guest per OW rules. At off peak hours, the MH dragons can be a wee bit lenient with children but from what I can tell you're trying to guest 3 people in, which is too much of a stretch even with the most accommodating dragons.

But now that the renovation is ongoing, the lounges barely have enough standing room and I hear some passengers are getting turned away by CX for the same reason, at least during peak hours. I'd forget about bringing more than 1 person in.
Old Nov 5, 2013, 8:46 am

Originally Posted by SilverChris
I hear some passengers are getting turned away by CX for the same reason, at least during peak hours.
Maybe the CX agent didn't like the said person?

Seriously - the CX agent was apologetic, as were all the other MH agents at the lounges i went to. They recognised me - and very definitely recognised the disappointment i was really trying hard to disguise (didn't want to give them more grief as I know most of them rather well, and I heard more than one other passenger giving them a hard time)

I hear it's okay during non peak hours so hopefully they don't get too stressed out in the meantime. It's only for a month so hopefully all will be better afterwards!
Old Nov 5, 2013, 9:33 am

Programs: Emirates gold *alliance silver jet airways platinum tridentprivilege gold.
MH is a great airline but I'm avoiding them till they get their act together wrt lounges and ground handling and punctuality ....what a mess!

I was in CX lounge in KL for 5 hours on Nov 2 flying J on MH ... Not a problem... Excellent lounge with better f&B than the MH lounge, better seating better Wifi. ^

I'm now off OW next 3 flights are on SQ so bye bye MH till I read some good things about transiting in your hub... Pity, I really liked their onboard service, but a bad/ unreliable transit experience is a real deal breaker.
Old Nov 5, 2013, 3:06 pm

Originally Posted by TGflyergirl
Maybe the CX agent didn't like the said person?
That person could have thrown a DYKWIA
Old Nov 9, 2013, 8:03 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Le Club Platinum, Hilton HHonors Gold, M&C Gold, SPG Gold
Did a review of the Regional Golden Lounge (not to be confused with the one in the satellite terminal).

Malaysia Airlines Regional Golden Lounge KLIA

If I have time next visit I'll check out the Cathay lounge.
Old Nov 11, 2013, 4:26 am

We used domestic MH Lounge (near Gate A2)

- It was decent, smaller, selection of magazines, newspapers, reasonable food to eat

We also used Regional MH Lounge (near gate H2)

- Outstanding!!
- Great selection of food, drinks - 3 -4 different counters including live counters
- Great modern decor
- Lots of seating - all different kinds
- Prayer rooms
- Showering facilities

Must use this facility!

CX denied use of CX lounge to me even thought I was a MH business class passenger- so much for one world privileges! Can I complain somewhere!
Old Nov 11, 2013, 4:53 am

Originally Posted by indiantraveller
CX denied use of CX lounge to me even thought I was a MH business class passenger- so much for one world privileges! Can I complain somewhere!
As mentioned above, CX has been turning away eligible passengers since MH's Satellite lounge closed for renovations but it's probably because they're too full.

I wouldn't be too bothered if I were you. It's a rather forgettable lounge with just the basics.
Old Nov 11, 2013, 5:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Wonder which lounge QR and JL use in KLIA..
Old Nov 11, 2013, 8:00 am

Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
Good question!
Old Nov 11, 2013, 8:00 am

Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
Not sure about QR, but I know JL uses the Plaza Premium lounge. Before the lounge closed there were no problems entering the GL with a JL BP.
Old Nov 12, 2013, 12:33 am

Smile

Originally Posted by SilverChris
As mentioned above, CX has been turning away eligible passengers since MH's Satellite lounge closed for renovations but it's probably because they're too full.

I wouldn't be too bothered if I were you. It's a rather forgettable lounge with just the basics.
Thanks SilverChris.

MH Regional Lounge was superb and while checking in I asked the MH business class supervisor which lounge was better - CX or MH regional! And he looked at me surprised and said - MH regional is far better than CX!

And I think MH Regional was really outstanding! Thanks for confirming it on your side as well.
Old Nov 12, 2013, 12:55 am

Originally Posted by indiantraveller
Thanks SilverChris.

MH Regional Lounge was superb and while checking in I asked the MH business class supervisor which lounge was better - CX or MH regional! And he looked at me surprised and said - MH regional is far better than CX!

And I think MH Regional was really outstanding! Thanks for confirming it on your side as well.
Meh... Gets unexciting after a while
Old Nov 12, 2013, 1:36 am

Anyone used the Spa at the regional lounge before? Is it any good? Or expensive?

I'm going through KL again in a couple of weeks with my partner and was thinking it might be a good way to keep her occupied

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.