Malaysia Golden Lounge KLIA

Old Jan 15, 2014, 2:56 pm

Programs: BA Gold, EY Gold.
Originally Posted by Globalist
At the counter they informed me about the cordined off area and when I showed my bp to the lady at the rope she let me in, BA Gold here.. Maybe I got "Lucky" but I also agree with the sentiments.. It was not a very relaxing place to be.

According to the lounge staff the First section hopefully opens at the end of the month.

Globalist
Just for clarity - although OWE pax are being denied entry to the temporary cordoned off area they are given entry to the proper first class lounge (when it re-opens)...right?
Old Jan 15, 2014, 3:32 pm

Programs: UA/EK(Gold) CX(Diamond)
Originally Posted by duckied
Just for clarity - although OWE pax are being denied entry to the temporary cordoned off area they are given entry to the proper first class lounge (when it re-opens)...right?
Yes, no problem getting into the hopefully soon-to-be reopened First Class lounge on the right as you walk into the reception area.
Old Jan 15, 2014, 3:38 pm

Originally Posted by Ozchinois
Yes, no problem getting into the hopefully soon-to-be reopened First Class lounge on the right as you walk into the reception area.
Thanks Ozchinois! I'm departing KUL on 31JAN so hoping it will be open by then. The J part of the Satellite lounge can be a bit of a zoo during the peak evening bank of flights so hoping some peace and quiet in the F lounge.

Have emailed MAS as well as tweeted the question as to whether the F lounge has a date to re-open. No answer unfortunately.
Old Jan 15, 2014, 6:11 pm

Thanks Ozchinois! I'm departing KUL on 31JAN so hoping it will be open by then. The J part of the Satellite lounge can be a bit of a zoo during the peak evening bank of flights so hoping some peace and quiet in the F lounge.

Have emailed MAS as well as tweeted the question as to whether the F lounge has a date to re-open. No answer unfortunately.
According to the agents - it's supposed to be the end of the month. Problem is this: In January and early February, there are a whole bunch (i mean a LOT) of public holidays in Malaysia.

Jan 1: New Year's day
Jan 14: Maulidur Rasul (Prophet Muhamad's birthday)
Jan 14: Yam Tuan of Negeri Sembilan's birthday, which spills over into the 15th (I hear some of the work is done by a Negeri Sembilan contractor)
Jan 17th: Thaipusam
Jan 31st: Chinese new year
Feb 1st; Chinese new year
Feb 1st: Federal Territory day

On all these days, no work is done, and it's hard starting and stopping work rather than going continuously throughout. I predict a date closer to Mid Feb knowing how things work around here.
Old Jan 15, 2014, 9:20 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by TGflyergirl
According to the agents - it's supposed to be the end of the month. Problem is this: In January and early February, there are a whole bunch (i mean a LOT) of public holidays in Malaysia.

Jan 1: New Year's day
Jan 14: Maulidur Rasul (Prophet Muhamad's birthday)
Jan 14: Yam Tuan of Negeri Sembilan's birthday, which spills over into the 15th (I hear some of the work is done by a Negeri Sembilan contractor)
Jan 17th: Thaipusam
Jan 31st: Chinese new year
Feb 1st; Chinese new year
Feb 1st: Federal Territory day

On all these days, no work is done, and it's hard starting and stopping work rather than going continuously throughout. I predict a date closer to Mid Feb knowing how things work around here.
If the contractor is behind schedule, they will work through the public holidays. Nothing worries them more than Liquidated and Ascertained Damages, unless someone in MH is sleeping on his job.
Old Jan 16, 2014, 9:16 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors Diamond; A3 *Nothing ; BA Exec. Club Gold
There is the F lounge and there is the platinum room. I understand OWE can as per the normal benefits use the F lounge when it re-opens. The platinum room is only for Enrich Platinum members. It seems there is anecdotal evidence in this tread that OWE made it into the platinum room.

As far as the roped off area in the business lounge today, I was not in F, I am not an Enrich platinum member and I was allowed in without any stress or fuss. She just looked at my boarding card which was in business and showed emerald.

Globalist
Old Jan 16, 2014, 7:02 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, TK Elite+
Originally Posted by Globalist
There is the F lounge and there is the platinum room. I understand OWE can as per the normal benefits use the F lounge when it re-opens. The platinum room is only for Enrich Platinum members. It seems there is anecdotal evidence in this tread that OWE made it into the platinum room.

Globalist
The Platinum Suite will be gone after the renovation (at least that's what I've been told). It will be one large FCL.
Old Jan 19, 2014, 4:42 pm

Sat in the Malaysia KUL satellite lounge now. Had no problems accessing the roped off section for First/Enrich Platinum with my BA Oneworld Emerald status.

Asked the staff at the front desk when the First Class lounge will re-open...'February now'.
Old Jan 19, 2014, 7:36 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, LeClubAccor Gold, Enrich
Originally Posted by nov11
Anyone can enter the cordoned area - just don't enter the first entrance to your left. Use the entrance near the buffet (past the noodle/espresso bar) and no one checks your BP/credentials there!
I was at the lounge yesterday for a couple of hours while waiting for my KUL-SIN flight. All the 3 'entrance' (there is another right at the far end of the lounge) to the platinum only area has an MH staff stationed there to stop non-plat/non first class passengers from going in.
Old Jan 19, 2014, 7:51 pm
Suspended

Programs: HHonors Diamond, AA EXP
Sat in the Malaysia KUL satellite lounge now. Had no problems accessing the roped off section for First/Enrich Platinum with my BA Oneworld Emerald status.

Asked the staff at the front desk when the First Class lounge will re-open...'February now'.
Mebbe the color of the card is the same...
Old Jan 19, 2014, 8:12 pm
Suspended

You forgot to ask them to clarify which year

After all its the land of "endless possibilities"
Old Jan 19, 2014, 8:25 pm

Originally Posted by ashkale
It's not - BA Gold is Gold. MH plat is Black. In fact, if anything, the BA Gold card resembles MH Gold most, and that's Sapphire.
Old Jan 20, 2014, 10:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Sunday morning, at opening no problem entering cordoned area as a OWE (American ExPlat)
Old Jan 20, 2014, 2:12 pm

Originally Posted by ashkale
The MH employee had a quick glance at my boarding card, said 'Oh OK, Emerald' and I was in. I only presented my boarding card, not my frequent flyer card.
Old Jan 20, 2014, 6:43 pm
Suspended

Programs: HHonors Diamond, AA EXP
The MH employee had a quick glance at my boarding card, said 'Oh OK, Emerald' and I was in. I only presented my boarding card, not my frequent flyer card.
This is very +ive change and good news! Will try it next week and report back!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.