Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Malaysia Golden Lounge KLIA

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2014, 7:32 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Lifetime Bonvoy Platinum, HHonors Gold , TK Gold, MH Plat, QR Plat
Originally Posted by rooivalk
in other news.. they don't serve meals on trays anymore on the 737s. now served in a paper box. victim of cost cutting measures !

Seriously? Their meals on 737s were already horrible enough. Which route was this?
Old Jan 9, 2014, 10:52 pm

Programs: SPG Plat
Malaysia Golden Lounge KLIA

Hanoi-KL but the cabin crew told me this is now rolled out on all the 737-800 flights. essentially means all domestic and short haul regional.
Old Jan 10, 2014, 5:00 am
Suspended

Hanoi-KL.
How recent is this ?
Old Jan 10, 2014, 5:24 am

Programs: Accor Platinum, Marriott
Not sure but experienced the same snack on a short haul MH flight this afternoon
Old Jan 10, 2014, 8:17 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors Diamond; A3 *Nothing ; BA Exec. Club Gold
Originally Posted by mario33
Not when it contradicts what's being published; and the last time I left the main lounge at close to midnight it didnt look like it was closing, while the regional lounge at around 11pm did look like they were preparing to close (though it was time some ago)

One person's one time experience does not make it a permanent feature.
Kiwi Flyer is absolutely correct. I just entered the satellite lounge at 11pm and was advised it was going to close at midnight. If I wanted to be in a lounge until my MH flight delarts at 1.20am I would need to use the lounge in the main terminal building.

Permanent feature or not, it is todays reality and there is no point second guessing someone making a post here based on true experience.

On another note, only the business class lounge has re-opened. The 1st class lounge is still under renovation. There is a section of seats reserved for 1st and OWE but it is noisy.

Globalist
Old Jan 10, 2014, 8:42 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Globalist
Permanent feature or not, it is todays reality and there is no point second guessing someone making a post here based on true experience.
If you choose to take a single post here as your bible, that's your choice. There are tonnes of wrongly posted info on FT usually unquestioned.

For me I prefer to read about other travelers experiences as well, more so if the single post contradicts what's being published.

I do not think you have any right to tell me what I choose to believe, just as I do not tell you what you should believe.

And I have actually confirmed the post is accurate, so what exactly are you trying to prove ...

Last edited by mario33; Jan 10, 2014 at 9:24 am
Old Jan 10, 2014, 9:25 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

If you choose to take a single post here as your bible, that's your choice.

For me I prefer to read about other travelers experiences as well, more so if the single post contradicts what's being published.

I do not think you have any right to tell me what I choose to believe, just as I do not tell you what you should believe.
People post their own experience here. Keep reading other experiences too. Just dont slag of any poster, thats just poor behaviour. You choose what you believe and go fly kite lah see if I care.

Globalist
Old Jan 10, 2014, 9:37 am
Suspended

Just dont slag of any poster, thats just poor behaviour.
I am sure any rational person can judge who is displaying "poor behaviour" here

Last edited by mario33; Jan 10, 2014 at 9:45 am
Old Jan 10, 2014, 10:04 am

Programs: SPG Plat
Quote:

Hanoi-KL.

How recent is this ?
Thursday but the crew said it was effective 1st Jan
Old Jan 10, 2014, 12:55 pm

Programs: BA Gold (and other non-status plastic)
in other news.. they don't serve meals on trays anymore on the 737s. now served in a paper box. victim of cost cutting measures !
They've done this in the past - in fact, paper boxes were launched in a blaze of publicity a few years back. Personally, I don't mind them, as that means you eat what you like, and then box up the detritus out of the way, or some people actually take the leftovers in the box with them (!). So long as MH are still doing hot food for longer sectors (which they got rid of for a while in the past), then that's fine... In fact, it's like the bmi Business Class Bento box for anyone who remembers them!
Old Jan 10, 2014, 9:24 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by kt74
Personally, I don't mind them, as that means you eat what you like, and then box up the detritus out of the way, or some people actually take the leftovers in the box with them (!)
There were 3 different versions of the "box" meal if I remember correctly.

While I agree its the contents that really matters, as long as its hot food and not some silly "Jala" inspired semi-frozen sandwich I can still accept it in econ. However I found the boxes to be really impractical, its such a hassle for the crew to serve them since they cant just hand over a box with everything intact to you, they still need to put your choice of hot meal into the box. And I find eating from the box to be very space consuming, not an issue if you have an empty seat next to you but on a full flight its a challenge trying to unpack and find somewhere to place the wrapper etc

The ultimate question is whether there is significant cost saving by using paper boxes ? Or is the management just trying to prove to the major shareholders they are cutting costs after the latest P&L results ? I am quite sure they are cutting down more trees than costs, and this seems to be an indication that someone is desperately trying to keep his job ...
Old Jan 10, 2014, 9:33 pm
Suspended

Thursday but the crew said it was effective 1st Jan
Might be earlier than that, I remember late last year someone mentioned to me about box meals on the longer domestic flights.
Old Jan 11, 2014, 4:29 am

Programs: UA/EK(Gold) CX(Diamond) Marriott Gold Accor Platinum Hilton Diamond Shangri-la Jade
Kiwi Flyer is absolutely correct. I just entered the satellite lounge at 11pm and was advised it was going to close at midnight. If I wanted to be in a lounge until my MH flight delarts at 1.20am I would need to use the lounge in the main terminal building.

On another note, only the business class lounge has re-opened. The 1st class lounge is still under renovation. There is a section of seats reserved for 1st and OWE but it is noisy.

Globalist
I'm OWE and they told me the cordoned area is for First and Platinum Enrich only. It was not worth arguing.
Old Jan 11, 2014, 5:49 am

Programs: BA GGL, Marriott, IHG, Sirius, Dusit, Thai, Virgin, Hyatt, BAA, AS, AA(both)
Originally Posted by Ozchinois
I'm OWE and they told me the cordoned area is for First and Platinum Enrich only. It was not worth arguing.
Given the ambiance and noisiness if I was on my own Id relocate to the business centre or drinks bar at the start of the lounge. Tonight we have the serial cougher, the serial sniffer and two babies whose parents are waiting for their little darlings to fall asleep whilst they scream their heads off, there are also two sets of parents playing quietly with their children .....
Old Jan 11, 2014, 5:54 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Ozchinois
At the counter they informed me about the cordined off area and when I showed my bp to the lady at the rope she let me in, BA Gold here.. Maybe I got "Lucky" but I also agree with the sentiments.. It was not a very relaxing place to be.

According to the lounge staff the First section hopefully opens at the end of the month.

Globalist

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.