Malaysia Golden Lounge KLIA

Old Feb 17, 2014, 5:11 am

Programs: AC, MH, BA, AF-KL
Originally Posted by TGflyergirl
Ice Cream is also available in the satellite (Kapiti) - but they don't display it in the F side, you ask and someone runs over to the J side to get it for you.
Thanks, I'll keep that in mind

Wonder what happened to the Haagen Daz fridge in the F side...
Old Feb 17, 2014, 6:28 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by TGflyergirl
Ice Cream is also available in the satellite (Kapiti) - but they don't display it in the F side, you ask and someone runs over to the J side to get it for you.
Hmm.. I thought I saw ice-cream available when I was there, but since I was rather stuffed and time was running out, I did not really go walking much around the 'small' buffet area in F.

Well I just hope that when I am back there end of March, the lobster is on the cards. Don't care much about the other meats, though I do agree if the choices are a bit limited. Might go snooping around the J-lounge to see what is on offer (last time in the J-side was about 2 years ago)

Cheers!
Old Feb 17, 2014, 7:16 am

Sharing some photos =)

Old Feb 17, 2014, 7:18 am

Old Feb 18, 2014, 3:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
In the F dining room now, awaiting my steak...no lobster on the menu tonight. Wish there was air conditioning in this terminal though! At least SIN has discovered this invention...KUL needs to invest in this technology if it wants people to visit during this supposed year of tourism...can only imagine hot wretched it must be here during the summer!!
Old Feb 18, 2014, 3:19 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Looking at flying from KUL to Cambodia on Malaysian

What plane will this be on? Do they serve alcohol in the lounge/onboard?

I would fly J if its worth it...
Old Feb 18, 2014, 3:41 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Shareholder
In the F dining room now, awaiting my steak...no lobster on the menu tonight.
Don't forget to take a picture of the menu
Old Feb 18, 2014, 4:50 am

...can only imagine hot wretched it must be here during the summer!!
It's, er, always summer in Malaysia! :redface:

(And yes, it's hot in the lounge.)
Old Feb 18, 2014, 5:59 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by carrotjuice
It's, er, always summer in Malaysia!
It has been very hot the past few days, something like 36 degrees in the afternoon ...
Old Feb 18, 2014, 8:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Originally Posted by mario33
Don't forget to take a picture of the menu
Hardly worth it..awful steak,grizzled and tough. (Also had the soup shown above which was not too bad.) Very disappointing considering I've had so much better inflight. Also a mediocre red wine considering what is offered inflight in F and even J by MH. Not impressed at all. A long way from the standards of the F dining room at SQ's SIN F/Private Room or CX's Wing. Don't mean to be so negative, I had such high hopes for this place. Will give it another chance next month when I'm flying through from SYD. The F side of the lounge has been quite empty this evening and the sun's gone down and a/c now seems to be working.

Last edited by Shareholder; Feb 18, 2014 at 8:49 am
Old Feb 19, 2014, 4:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
In the F dining room now, awaiting my steak...no lobster on the menu tonight. Wish there was air conditioning in this terminal though! At least SIN has discovered this invention...KUL needs to invest in this technology if it wants people to visit during this supposed year of tourism...can only imagine hot wretched it must be here during the summer!!
The aircon is on. But its kept at a low 23C probably and that is heater temperature for you coming from Toronto !

The MH F lounge gets warmer due to all the windows facing the setting afternoon sun.

Hardly worth it..awful steak,grizzled and tough. (Also had the soup shown above which was not too bad.) Very disappointing considering I've had so much better inflight. Also a mediocre red wine considering what is offered inflight in F and even J by MH. Not impressed at all. A long way from the standards of the F dining room at SQ's SIN F/Private Room or CX's Wing. Don't mean to be so negative, I had such high hopes for this place. Will give it another chance next month when I'm flying through from SYD. The F side of the lounge has been quite empty this evening and the sun's gone down and a/c now seems to be working.
That said, from all the reviews which you must have read, is that the MH lounge cannot be compared to either CX or SQ. For Malaysians travelling on MH, and even for their Platinum Enrich members, the lounge is adequate.

Selamat Jalan !
Old Feb 19, 2014, 9:31 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
even for their Platinum Enrich members, the lounge is adequate.
........not when it comes to the food currently offered.
Old Feb 20, 2014, 3:31 am

Programs: BA Gold, EY Gold.
Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
The aircon is on. But its kept at a low 23C probably and that is heater temperature for you coming from Toronto !

The MH F lounge gets warmer due to all the windows facing the setting afternoon sun.

That said, from all the reviews which you must have read, is that the MH lounge cannot be compared to either CX or SQ. For Malaysians travelling on MH, and even for their Platinum Enrich members, the lounge is adequate.

Selamat Jalan !
I don't think we were expecting SQ or CX F class levels. But having visited the lounge pre and post renovations (where it was closed for months) I must say I think there was a huge opportunity missed by MH.

That being said, I still think their J class lounge next door is excellent.
Old Feb 22, 2014, 9:32 pm
Suspended

In the F dining room now, awaiting my steak...no lobster on the menu tonight.
Cycle E

NOODLES

Mee Hoon Tom Yam

Wantan Noodle Soup

MAIN COURSE

Szechuan Chicken

Grilled Rib Eye Steak Au Jus

Yee Mee
Old Feb 23, 2014, 3:29 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG PLT, FPC PLT, Hyatt Gold Passport Diamond
Originally Posted by m3red
Looking at flying from KUL to Cambodia on Malaysian

What plane will this be on? Do they serve alcohol in the lounge/onboard?

I would fly J if its worth it...
Just took return flights on MH from KUL to Siem Reap in J both way. They use 737-800 with decent regional business class seats. (2-2 configuration). They serve French champagne on board and one Burgundy white wine, one Haute Medoc Bordeaux red and one Rhone red wine one board. They serve decent hot lunch with three choices of main course for a one hour and 45 minutes flight. Overall, solid J offering on this route. From KUL to REP, J passenger can use their Golden Lounge. On return flight from Siem Reap, J passenger can use a very small Salon lounge at Siem Reap airport. Both lounges serve alcohol.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.