Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Malaysia Golden Lounge KLIA

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2014, 8:05 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, TK Elite+
Originally Posted by Ozchinois
I'm OWE and they told me the cordoned area is for First and Platinum Enrich only. It was not worth arguing.
Anyone can enter the cordoned area - just don't enter the first entrance to your left. Use the entrance near the buffet (past the noodle/espresso bar) and no one checks your BP/credentials there!
Old Jan 11, 2014, 8:35 pm

Programs: UA/EK(Gold) CX(Diamond) Marriott Gold Accor Platinum Hilton Diamond Shangri-la Jade
Originally Posted by Globalist
At the counter they informed me about the cordined off area and when I showed my bp to the lady at the rope she let me in, BA Gold here.. Maybe I got "Lucky" but I also agree with the sentiments.. It was not a very relaxing place to be.

According to the lounge staff the First section hopefully opens at the end of the month.

Globalist
"Lucky" you! I'm also a lowly Enrich Gold but no titles.
Old Jan 12, 2014, 6:04 am

Programs: MH-Plat OWE, HH-Diamond, SPG-Plat, MR-Plat, IHG-PlatAmb
"Lucky" you! I'm also a lowly Enrich Gold but no titles.
BA Gold is the equivalent of oneworld Emerald. Don't see any reason why BA Gold's shouldn't be allowed into the roped off section.
Old Jan 12, 2014, 6:15 am
Suspended

Programs: HHonors Diamond, AA EXP
Originally Posted by asheby
BA Gold is the equivalent of oneworld Emerald. Don't see any reason why BA Gold's shouldn't be allowed into the roped off section.
Reason does not work in the scheme of things being discussed..knowing this I never try, but saw an old couple trying with their JAL status..and were told it was only for enrich platinum members or those on first class ..just the frustration that they even bothered was very evident..
Old Jan 12, 2014, 7:44 am

Programs: SQ AA TK
Originally Posted by ashkale
Reason does not work in the scheme of things being discussed..knowing this I never try, but saw an old couple trying with their JAL status..and were told it was only for enrich platinum members or those on first class ..just the frustration that they even bothered was very evident..
Seen a pair of BA Gold members try in Dec. They were rejected and made a scene, that even involved the lounge manager. Perhaps a mix of unclear policy and a sense of over entitled-ness. All I can say is "that poor girl standing there"
Old Jan 13, 2014, 1:27 am

Programs: Meow Mix
Originally Posted by dfs24
Seen a pair of BA Gold members try in Dec. They were rejected and made a scene, that even involved the lounge manager. Perhaps a mix of unclear policy and a sense of over entitled-ness. All I can say is "that poor girl standing there"
During my 6 or 8 hour lay over at KLIA I was in this lounge for around 4 hours and saw a lot of people trying to go through and were being denied. Only a handful made a big fuss of it.

/AE
Old Jan 15, 2014, 1:04 am

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
I'm OWE and they told me the cordoned area is for First and Platinum Enrich only. It was not worth arguing.
Yes, the Platinum is only for Platinum card holder (and you can only be platinum if youo fly MH Biz or First only, sort of like SQ PPS) and First class only.

as the Platinum lounge is still not ready, they use the side area as Platinum only section in the Golden Lounge. I took a photo which said MH Platinum and First Class Guest (which I will load it to my blog hopefully soon).

My question, why people insisted they want to go to Platinum Lounge. Is Platinum Lounge really much nicer? I think Golden lounge is good enough.
Old Jan 15, 2014, 1:25 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by lingua101
you can only be platinum if youo fly MH Biz or First
Not true any more, technically you can qualify as Platinum by flying 100% in econ though it would involve a lot of flying unless you are on full Y.

In the old days, even Gold qualification requires Biz and First flights.
Old Jan 15, 2014, 1:28 am
Suspended

My question, why people insisted they want to go to Platinum Lounge.
EGO

My question, why some people insists on being addressed as "Dato"
Old Jan 15, 2014, 2:51 am

Originally Posted by mario33
EGO

My question, why some people insists on being addressed as "Dato"
i guess you are right. I saw so many fighting even at Plaza Premium lounge. They insisted that Credit Card should give them access (although they do not have the Priority Pass). Personally I rather go to Satay club and enjoy some dinner there rather go crapy Plaza Premium lounge
Old Jan 15, 2014, 2:55 am

Not true any more, technically you can qualify as Platinum by flying 100% in econ though it would involve a lot of flying unless you are on full Y.

In the old days, even Gold qualification requires Biz and First flights.
Well, this is what their site said:
What are Platinum Miles?
Platinum Miles are used to track an Enrich member’s qualification towards Enrich Platinum tier status. Platinum Miles can only be earned on qualifying Malaysia Airlines Golden Club Class and First Class fares. Platinum Miles may not be used toward the redemption of Enrich Awards.
Based on this, I assume the Platinum Miles works like PPS on SQ. so not sure if your statement is true (i.e. you can qualify as Platinum even if you fly eco). based on the FAQ above it is not possible.
Old Jan 15, 2014, 3:13 am
Suspended

Plaza Premium Lounge

They insisted that Credit Card should give them access (although they do not have the Priority Pass).
Actually you do not need Priority Pass.

Many local credit card companies (and some banks) pay for their customers to use the lounge, the only complication being that some credit cards provide access only to certain lounges and not all PP Lounges.

The newly renovated Plaza Premium Lounge at KLIA is quite decent.
Old Jan 15, 2014, 6:43 am
Suspended

It's outdated, like everything with MH
Old Jan 15, 2014, 8:02 am
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
i guess you are right. I saw so many fighting even at Plaza Premium lounge. They insisted that Credit Card should give them access (although they do not have the Priority Pass). Personally I rather go to Satay club and enjoy some dinner there rather go crapy Plaza Premium lounge
The Plaza Premium lounge is far from crappy. It blows away the crappy MH lounges too
Old Jan 15, 2014, 9:27 am

Programs: SPG Plat
Quote:

It's outdated, like everything with MH
I can confirm the MH FAQ is wrong. morons over there can't even update their website correctly..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.