Wiki Posts
Search

Where to sit on the 747-8i [merged B74H experience reports]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2014, 11:33 pm
Suspended

Programs: Many
Originally Posted by chandu2013
Feeling great! Equipment change for LH 405 out of JFK next week to 748i. Snagged 85K....window seat on UD...I'm 8 again! I've actually flown in a window seat on the UD (on the late Swissair) when I was 8!!
On 3/12? If so, I am on LH 405 that day in 1K.
Old Mar 12, 2014, 2:53 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
I've been doing 1A when I can and like it -- although I consider it a wash with 1K unless I have an issue with the sun in one direction.

Originally Posted by oliver2002
All 748 have Flynet by now.
It didn't work on my LH flight earlier this week to FRA. Nor did it work on my flight from FRA the week earlier. Crew talked about it being on board, but that was about it in both directions.
Old Mar 13, 2014, 12:43 pm

Programs: OZ LT D+, UA 1K, AS MVPG AF Gold, SPG Platinum (8 years), Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold
Anybody can give me a comment between 1K and 2A seat? 1A is taken, so 1K may be closed to the other passenger. 2A/K doesn't have any adjacent seat comparing 3A/K has adjacent D/F seats.

I'm traveling on LH430, Mar 20th.
Old Mar 13, 2014, 5:21 pm

Programs: LH SEN/*G, SPG Plat, HH Gold
Originally Posted by OneWorldTraveller
Anybody can give me a comment between 1K and 2A seat? 1A is taken, so 1K may be closed to the other passenger. 2A/K doesn't have any adjacent seat comparing 3A/K has adjacent D/F seats.

I'm traveling on LH430, Mar 20th.
Depends - on 1K you have the closet, on 2A you have the little bar in the middle. However privacy in my view was a bit better on 2A as i had a good view of 1K from 2A, however, 3D had no view of me.
Old Mar 14, 2014, 8:22 am

Programs: OZ LT D+, UA 1K, AS MVPG AF Gold, SPG Platinum (8 years), Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold
Originally Posted by MoritzT
Depends - on 1K you have the closet, on 2A you have the little bar in the middle. However privacy in my view was a bit better on 2A as i had a good view of 1K from 2A, however, 3D had no view of me.
Thanks a lot!! I changed my seat to 1K, but like you mentioned, 2A will be the best option for a sole traveller. I will change to 2A.
Old Mar 21, 2014, 3:56 pm

Deleted; no longer relevant as I've changed flights.

Last edited by Hawaiian717; Apr 10, 2014 at 5:48 pm Reason: no longer relevant
Old Apr 7, 2014, 2:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Row 4 bulkhead 747-8i C cabin

Tried to search the thread on the bulkhead seats C cabin on 747-8i ICN-MXP but FT's broken search function returned errors no matter what combinations I tried.

I 100% sure I did not choose 4 DG when the seat selection function was functional a month or so ago - when I could change seats on both LH and LOT sites.

Now our seat assignment is re-assigned to 4 DG - the bulk head row right behind the galley and lavatories on both sides.

Can someone flown the 747-8i before provide some insight on the Row 4 bulkhead seats? Are thay as bad as described by Seatguru being too close to the lavatories?

Given the seat selection function is broken, there is not even a way to see the seat map on what are still available with our flight is in Mid May.
Old Apr 16, 2014, 9:35 am

I'm trying to decide between 85A or 83A, any suggestions? I read that 83A might have more windows and side storage bins but less overhead space?
Old Apr 16, 2014, 11:30 am

Originally Posted by Happy
Tried to search the thread on the bulkhead seats C cabin on 747-8i ICN-MXP but FT's broken search function returned errors no matter what combinations I tried.

Can someone flown the 747-8i before provide some insight on the Row 4 bulkhead seats? Are thay as bad as described by Seatguru being too close to the lavatories?

Given the seat selection function is broken, there is not even a way to see the seat map on what are still available with our flight is in Mid May.
I've noticed you can still see the seatmap, you just can't change seats...

This is how I've done it:

Sign out of your account, then go to My Bookings. You should have the Retrieve Single Booking option. enter your last name and code. In the Your Flights section hit the info icon next to the flight and then you should have a Seatmap link. That seems to show what you're looking for.

Old Apr 16, 2014, 12:06 pm

Programs: LH Miles and More, DL SkyMiles, Bonvoy, Hilton
Originally Posted by drzoidberg
I'm trying to decide between 85A or 83A, any suggestions? I read that 83A might have more windows and side storage bins but less overhead space?
I haven't flown the 748 yet personally, but Mrs. N1003U prefers 83A. She can't remember if the storage was markedly different, but doesn't think it was a large difference...
Old Apr 16, 2014, 12:30 pm

Originally Posted by N1003U
I haven't flown the 748 yet personally, but Mrs. N1003U prefers 83A. She can't remember if the storage was markedly different, but doesn't think it was a large difference...
Thanks N1003U! I decided to change my seat to 83A. Something neat about sitting near the front of the UD.
Old Apr 16, 2014, 12:43 pm

Programs: LH SEN; CX DM; DL PM; Hyatt GL
Originally Posted by jspira
.... I suspect a lot of people won't be aware of the fact that the armest goes down, making for a wider seat/bed. The extra width makes a difference (I learnt that trick originally from American's Flagship Suites.)
argg... I should have read up before flying. I didn't care about the proximity of my neighbor's feet, but I was wondering why in the world they equip a plane with seats that recline fully, but can't fit a normal sized man's shoulders. Made for a sleepless night wishing back the old slides

In any case, I still prefer BA's C and won't come back to LH for this seat
Old Apr 30, 2014, 8:23 am

Programs: Miles & More - No Status No Problems
Row 47 Outboard Seating Question

Hi all - many apologies in advance if this has been asked before, but I searched for awhile and couldn't come up with an answer.

I'll be travelling with a companion on LH419 IAD-FRA in Economy this summer, and I've selected seats 47 B & C (Version 2). On SeatGuru they are marked with mixed reviews, with the explanation that they "...may have limited recline".

On the same seat map other seats (eg rows 33 & 49) indicate "...has limited recline." So, is anybody familiar with 47 B,C,H, or J and able to comment on their amount of recline? What's up with this mysterious "may have"?!

I've done FRA-CPT (11hrs) without being able to recline on a LH 744 before and it was not fun . Hoping to avoid a repeat experience! Thanks!
Old May 9, 2014, 6:46 am

I had 2A FRA-ICN last Tuesday onboard D-ABYL, which still had that new plane smell.

The seat is absolutely fantastic. 2A was perfect to get a nice open feel, but yet still retain some privacy. The only real hitch is during the meal service and takeoff when the FAs are frequently shuffling cups/glasses around in centre area.

Call me crazy, but I actually liked the 74H F seat more than the one on the 744. I found the bedding just as good and comfortable as the latter, and I liked the open, yet private feel when sleeping because there's no steep curvature of the ceiling beside the bed like there is on the 744 upper deck, as well as the privacy screen.

TR will follow sometime soon!
Old May 16, 2014, 8:40 am

Programs: A bit of this and a bit of that
747-8i Upper or Lower deck flying Business?

Hey everyone, I was wondering if anyone had a solid answer on this, based on experience. I've heard that the 747-8i 's upper deck is not as comfortable as the lower one. Is that true? Flying Business class, would you book in the lower or upper deck?

In other news, LH announced they'll be flying the 747-8i to EZE as of late october.

Thanks in advance!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.